Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Reddit's View on MOBAFire

Creator: Embracing December 30, 2012 8:26pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 6:09am | Report
Honestly, Mobafire is on the right track to competing with solomid in viability of builds, in my opinion.
The last few changes, such as the "high elo guides" section have led to a higher standard of guides coming out.

Efforts by GMD, Khazem, and Astrolia in particular are amazing guides and are more detailed than solo mid guides.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 6:38am | Report
That's not the issue to them elitists. Coz if you see their quote of Khaz, they go "omfg dis platinum guy wrote guide but ranked scores with Diana says he's **** with her, I don't wanna see what he has to say".

Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 6:43am | Report
Viability yes, explanations no however :/

There are only that many high elo guides
and tbh i don't like a lot of gold player written guides but we dont have that many plat players willing to write guides anyways

aand ofcourse the votes are rigged
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 6:46am | Report
That's pretty silly.

I know Khazem is a great player, and I trust the information in his guide.

So what if he didn't play her all that much in ranked? A lot of people don't even play the champion they make guides for in ranked. You can't always just play the same champ. :/
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 6:50am | Report
Khazem's expanations are fine. That person who brought up the w/l thing is ******ed.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 6:54am | Report
I'm not defending them (there's nothing to defend or truly stand against), the point is that that's their criteria:

1) Elo/Popularity as a player;
2) Ranked stats with the champ they're writing a guide for;
3) Runes, Masts, Items and maybe matchups;

Their reasoning is that they already know the game and don't need help figuring out champion x's mechanics. They wanna know the info comes from someone who plays the champ at high level games and succeeds. There's also a "playstyle" thing taken into account (like, why read the info if your approach to the champ might be different?).

I don't think there's any point agreeing/disagreeing. It's their criteria, what they're looking for. Mobafire's Veterans are not looking to change this, what they want is to clear the site's image of "for noobs only".

--//--

My criteria is simple: never played? Read guide around here. Already know the champ, need a build? Search solomid.
Hogopogo
<Altruistic Artist>
Hogopogo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 6:56am | Report
Well then we'll just have to make a whole buch of good guides to change their minds right? GMD's guide contest thing will help with that :3
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 6:56am | Report
Even if a guide is written by a high elo player, it is no guarantee of excelence. the ones i have usually seen at solomid are very superficial and lack interesting information, not to say justification, imo.

also, it may require a playstyle you'll hardly aquire, and such isn't explained there.

Sig made by elenah
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 7:00am | Report
Yea Solomid guides always give me a sense the writer is just like "I'm on ****ing SOLOMID, this ****'s featured. You dare question it, mortal?" because rarely do they give you any reason WHY to take X item or X mastery other than "It's standard or core."
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 7:01am | Report
It's not really even that.

The fundamental problem exists - most of them simply look at bad high rated guides and then trash MOBAFire for being a trash site because of those bad highly rated guides.

That's the main problem.

Everyone in our site has equal privileges as others to vote, which results in them voting for random other guides that seem fancy and good to them, which actually aren't.

But then again we CAN'T take away the voting factor, which leaves MOBAFire in a tight spot.

I've been thinking of an idea to make scout points worth more and to create a rank above scouts hat has the privileges to do more scouting and de-scouting as well.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide