Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Reddit's View on MOBAFire

Creator: Embracing December 30, 2012 8:26pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 9:41pm | Report
its funny cuz when i was looking for a gangplank guide Solomid.net had an approved one, dyrus' gangplank guide from season 1 that still says "build atmogs" which was the second thing i got by googling "gangplank guide", and two featured ones, one was a jungle guide and the other was a very meh top lane guide that said to max W before E and rush frozen fist

while on mobafire i found an actual updated guide on gangplank that was actually detailed

so please tell me more about how solomid is updated and better than mobafire when they have 0 guides that are updated and the only featured one is dryus' season one atmogs guide

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=11903-dyrus-gangplank-build-guide

FEATURED GUIDE
Views: 1648519
Last update: 364 days ago

^^^the second link when googling "gangplank guide" and first solomid.net link to come up

note how it hasnt been updated in a year yet its the first solomid guide to come up

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=19401-about8-gangplank-build-guide

thats the second highest voted gangplank guide on solomid.net, its a support build

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=42933-barrir-gangplank-build-guide

thats the next highest voted gangplank guide, recommends warmogs and note how it skips the tenacity mastery

its nice that they say Mobafire has terrible guides when you cant even find a gangplank guide on solomid unless you want to play support, since you know that has the most votes so it must be the best
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
DemonSovereign
<Member>
DemonSovereign's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 10:22pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

its funny cuz when i was looking for a gangplank guide Solomid.net had an approved one, dyrus' gangplank guide from season 1 that still says "build atmogs" which was the second thing i got by googling "gangplank guide", and two featured ones, one was a jungle guide and the other was a very meh top lane guide that said to max W before E and rush frozen fist

while on mobafire i found an actual updated guide on gangplank that was actually detailed

so please tell me more about how solomid is updated and better than mobafire when they have 0 guides that are updated and the only featured one is dryus' season one atmogs guide

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=11903-dyrus-gangplank-build-guide

FEATURED GUIDE
Views: 1648519
Last update: 364 days ago

^^^the second link when googling "gangplank guide" and first solomid.net link to come up

note how it hasnt been updated in a year yet its the first solomid guide to come up

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=19401-about8-gangplank-build-guide

thats the second highest voted gangplank guide on solomid.net, its a support build

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=42933-barrir-gangplank-build-guide

thats the next highest voted gangplank guide, recommends warmogs and note how it skips the tenacity mastery

its nice that they say Mobafire has terrible guides when you cant even find a gangplank guide on solomid unless you want to play support, since you know that has the most votes so it must be the best

TL;DR
They insult Mobafire about its poor guide quality.
We accept that our top guides aren't top quality.
We haven't insulted them about their completely outdated guides that are still at top and doubtfully will be removed anytime soon.
They never talk about their outdated guides.

These people...
My first self made sig ^_^
Care to check out my Mordekaiser guide? I'd appreciate it :D
Dark Metallica-Rocking With Mordekaiser
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 10:48pm | Report
erm if you look at the popular guides from solomid, you find zero outdated guides. there isn't a gp guide that's updated because gp sucks right now and no pro players play him. there are a lot of relevant guides for elise, eve, etc because those picks are standard and popular right now. Eventually it'll shift and those guides will get outdated and new ones will become popular as the meta etc changes.

That's how Solomid works, although it's not how Mobafire works. Arguably both ways have their pro's and cons.

____━━____┓━╭━━━━━╮
____━━____┗┓|::::::^━━━^
____━━____━┗|:::::|。◕‿‿­­­­◕。|
____━━____━━╰O--O-O--O ╯

Fear the power of the Nyan!
jinlee
<Member>
jinlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 11:00pm | Report
we shouldnt bash solo mid to much if we do were no better than the people hatting MobaFire

all credit for this amazing sig goes to the nameless bard

if you thought what i said was worth it a rep would be rainbow pony awesome
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 11:15pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

erm if you look at the popular guides from solomid, you find zero outdated guides. there isn't a gp guide that's updated because gp sucks right now and no pro players play him. there are a lot of relevant guides for elise, eve, etc because those picks are standard and popular right now. Eventually it'll shift and those guides will get outdated and new ones will become popular as the meta etc changes.

That's how Solomid works, although it's not how Mobafire works. Arguably both ways have their pro's and cons.

i dont see how having 45734573567546 guides for less than half of the champions and 0-2 guides for any other underused champion is good at all

also im not bashing on solomid.net im just saying that they have 0-2 guides on any champion that isnt kat, rengar, vi, and all the other champions that are used in every single game yet people say mobafire has only terrible guides
jinlee
<Member>
jinlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 11:32pm | Report
i dont want to insinuate that you are just dont want people to go flame off on solo mid, looks poor for the mobafire name

all credit for this amazing sig goes to the nameless bard

if you thought what i said was worth it a rep would be rainbow pony awesome
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 11:37pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

i dont see how having 45734573567546 guides for less than half of the champions and 0-2 guides for any other underused champion is good at all

also im not bashing on solomid.net im just saying that they have 0-2 guides on any champion that isnt kat, rengar, vi, and all the other champions that are used in every single game yet people say mobafire has only terrible guides

Because if people play soraka, a soraka guide is useful since they play her. But if people don't play soraka, a guide isn't as useful on her.

DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 1, 2013 12:24am | Report
but what about the people like me? the one that wanted to play Gangplank but only got the outdated guides? what if someone wanted to play other underplayed champions and went to solomid? they would find out dated guides

your point that is apparently a pro to you is that they only really have guides for champions that are used all the time, but none for champions that arnt
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 1, 2013 2:04am | Report
I'd like to suggest that we steer the conversation away from the "what we do better than Solomid" direction and more toward the "what can we do to better people's opinion of us?" direction.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 1, 2013 2:11am | Report

I'd like to suggest that we steer the conversation away from the "what we do better than Solomid" direction and more toward the "what can we do to better people's opinion of us?" direction.

^

holy **** this thread changed so much

Please stop bashing other communities. That's simply being childish and immature. Nothing will result from that. A mature way to deal with the situation is simply to improve our site.

The whole conflict arose because our guide does has **** guides that are top rated.

Let's try to focus on what we should do to actually resolve the issue and show to the other communities that we do possess good players and good guides as well.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide