Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Reddit's View on MOBAFire

Creator: Embracing December 30, 2012 8:26pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2012 9:58pm | Report
Embracing wrote:

Someone bashed Khazem's guide because Khazem had a bad w/l with diana in s2 and s3

That's kinda ******ed. Most high elo players don't have a win % that raises above 60%.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2012 9:59pm | Report
Personally, I was surprised none of my guides were mentioned :P (in negative or positive light) Was good to see people linking Astrolia's support guides as good examples of MobaFire guides :)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2012 10:13pm | Report
I don't get what they're talking about anyway. Most of the time I'm just looking for a build or to peep at "what high elo is doing with champ x" on solomid, all I get are outdated guides with literally no information concerning S3 changes.

Either way, I like Moba. Sometimes a guide provides a good read, and most high elo aren't elitist douches, and those that are make me laugh anyway.
BlackIceT
<Member>
BlackIceT's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2012 10:22pm | Report
When it came time to learning about S3 ideas and things I went to LoLPro not Solomid because they updated their site very quickly including new items and masteries and they provided a foundation for others to build off of which was very intriguing. Some of my thoughts came from there. I find XSpecial's comments to be very accurate and also I agree the thing about Khazem was kinda dumb. I am not trying to hate on other websites ways of doing things,

My #1 Guides:

Check out my new Cassiopeia Guide: Cassiopeia - The Venomous Monarch

Thank you Jhoijhoi for my stamps!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2012 10:23pm | Report
I'm just absolutely astonished that none of my guides were highlighted as the pinnacle of Mobafire guides. Oh sorry, are we done sucking each other's theoretical-guide ****s.

Anyway,

Why do we give a **** what this sub-reddit/league of legends community thinks. They're the most braindead community, following cookie-cutter builds, masteries, and rune pages. None of them think for themselves. Among the better players here, I doubt any of them really use guides anymore. Hell, I can't remember the last time I really used a guide (i mean overviewing glances or something like that, but I never follow a guide so strictly). I really don't know why anyone wants their approval.

And to Jebus, hell of a job, I know you won't get upvoted much, but you're nailing
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
jinlee
<Member>
jinlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2012 10:25pm | Report

Exactly. Nowadays there are actually some good guides top rated at mobafire. For example yours, Khazem's and mine.

your Zed guide is probably one of the best on him i can say this because the featured and approved on solo mid say hes either jungle or top and they max his e first, I'm not saying I'm a that good of a player but i have played enough zed to know that those are both stupid. I'm not saying this to bash solomid frankly i dont know much about solo mid I'm just using it as an example because it's what they deem as amazing awesome sauce guide giver

all credit for this amazing sig goes to the nameless bard

if you thought what i said was worth it a rep would be rainbow pony awesome
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2012 10:36pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

I don't get what they're talking about anyway. Most of the time I'm just looking for a build or to peep at "what high elo is doing with champ x" on solomid, all I get are outdated guides with literally no information concerning S3 changes.

ELO Buff is pretty convenient for seeing what high ELO builds on certain champions.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Foo18
<Member>
Foo18's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2012 11:06pm | Report
As some one who frequents both sites, this seems to be how it goes.

Solomid has:

1. Better strategy in their guides, because they are written by better players.
2. A very elitist and exclusive community (don't even get me started on their moderators >.>)
3. A bad popularity system. (People only look at featured, but "approved" guides have much higher standards.
4. Horrible code. You can't even use color or change the text size... Or at least I haven't figured it out.
Mobafire has:

1. Higher effort guides
2. Lower quality guides because the top guide is usually just the prettiest and biggest one, not really the most useful.
3. A terrible popularity system. The ones with the most views just get more and more views. It took me a while to even figure out how to SEE non top ten guides.
4. MUCH MUCH MUCH Better code.

So basically

Mobafire community> Solomid community
Mobafire Guide usefulness< solomid guide usefulness
Mobafire guide effort and readability> Solo mid guide effort and readability

I don't want to get anyone mad, and I am not trying to offend anyone, but this is just how I see it.
__________________________________Ignorance is not bliss. Ignorance of your ignorance is bliss._________________________________
DemonSovereign
<Member>
DemonSovereign's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2012 11:08pm | Report
Meh... I could care less what those people think. They are in their own community and we have our own. Frankly I think ours is better. It's not an *** kissing elitist group like theirs. And we are actually a "community".
Thanks TinyStar for the amazing sig<3
Care to check out my Mordekaiser guide? I'd appreciate it :D
Dark Metallica-Rocking With Mordekaiser
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 5:27am | Report
Thanks for the link Astrolia, I didn't know it. Also, may I kiss your ***, oh Platinum Queen?

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide