Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Rengar Nerfs

Creator: jomarix January 26, 2016 5:11am
23 posts - page 1 of 3
1 2 3
jomarix
<Member>
jomarix's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2016 5:11am | Report
Empowered Savagery 150% Damage to 130% Damage
Bola Strike now has cast time while airborne

As a Rengar main, this hurts me. But still, what do you guys think?
Did I helped you? +Rep is appreciated
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2016 5:18am | Report
Necessary: Rengar currently has nearly no counterplay if he gets ahead early.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2016 5:29am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
Necessary: Rengar currently has nearly no counterplay if he gets ahead early.

That is the counterplay though; he's very weak early, which people can and should abuse.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2016 5:40am | Report

That is the counterplay though; he's very weak early, which people can and should abuse.

The issue is that Vision Ward is an item that becomes less and less bought as the game progresses and Rengar can start getting easy picks midgame, snowballing even when he was behind, and thus reaching his unbearable state mid-late.

Of course there's counterplay to him: he has a harder time in teamfights because his only way to be useful is blowing up a carry (ap carries have zhonya's to prevent this, adcs can get GA or, depending on the support, can be saved without it).

All in all, the problem with Rengar was, is and will be the nature of his kit and how it interacts with other matters, namely vision
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2016 7:12am | Report
The only way to deal with a fed Rengar later on in the game is to walk as a group and **** him up as soon as he jumps on someone. Of course, this relies on an element of your team to have hard CC (stun, root, something like that) and the rest to follow up. If he is the only one with kills on his team, it's hard for him to do something if he can't pick people off.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2016 7:31am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

The issue is that Vision Ward is an item that becomes less and less bought as the game progresses and Rengar can start getting easy picks midgame, snowballing even when he was behind, and thus reaching his unbearable state mid-late.

Of course there's counterplay to him: he has a harder time in teamfights because his only way to be useful is blowing up a carry (ap carries have zhonya's to prevent this, adcs can get GA or, depending on the support, can be saved without it).

All in all, the problem with Rengar was, is and will be the nature of his kit and how it interacts with other matters, namely vision

All true, but I think Rengar in general isn't broken or OP; just very hit-or-miss.
SpawnOfHell
<Member>
SpawnOfHell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2016 7:36am | Report
I don't have a PBE account so I need these changes to go live before I can give my full thoughts on the Bola Strike nerf, will get back to this.

Initial thoughts: the Savagery nerf isn't that bad and the Bola Strike nerf was necessary. Leap into Empowered Bola Strike is instant death and has no counterplay other than QSS (which may not even save you from dying)
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2016 7:55am | Report

All true, but I think Rengar in general isn't broken or OP; just very hit-or-miss.

XD If you look at my recent match history in my ranked thread, you'll see two Rengar games back to back that show exactly this. Their Rengar crushed us. In the following game our Rengar ended up being mostly useless.

As for being weak early. He is sort of. He is actually not half bad as an invader assuming he has five ferocity stacks. He is a little like Lee Sin in that his bush leap can often let him get to you even if you would otherwise have gotten away.

One of my favorite games was was when we had a relatively good Shaco vs Rengar. The Rengar didn't get to play League that game. It was kind of satisfying to be able to think oh, Rengar jumped on me, I'll kite back and kill him.

As opposed to the game where the Rengar could delete my carry before my Monsoon could push him away.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2016 3:55pm | Report
pretty sure the champ is gonna be garbage now, hitting e while airborne was his bread and butter
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2016 4:01pm | Report
pretty sure the champ is gonna be garbage now, hitting e while airborne was his bread and butter

True.

Like I said, the issue is basically his kit, if you move too much he'll either end up OP or UP
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide