Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Shaco - About to become even better at Juking

Creator: JunSupport July 25, 2011 2:37am
BigDaddyPedro
<Member>
BigDaddyPedro's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 5:13am | Report
Me likey, now noobs will rage even more and report me for hacking the game.
Zhank you to jhoijhoi and Spoon as well as wRAth for the awesomez Sigz <3
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 5:27am | Report
Bloofyre wrote:

will probably make him FotM, surge of new Shaco players, then they all fall off because they realize how much of a pain in the *** he is to play and get good with.

QQ shaco... QQ
worst 3150 IP ever spent.

First off, Shaco will never be an FotM.

He takes skill to play well, and this potential add on to Hallucinate won't be any easier to master.
Timing is everything on this guy, and an FotM champion is always a really easy one.

Second, Shaco is fairly good right now.
He merely suffers from the same thing as Master Yi. Lack the utility to do well in large-group team fights late game. He can still rock early to mid game fairly well and games are short enough to let you win the game purely on that kind of power.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 7:09am | Report
Shaco's on my teams these days 98% of the time go the same way.

They do " so - so " early on.

They destory mid game.

Then all of a sudden they fall of end game.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 7:19am | Report
I wish the people playing your shacos would be in my games....I've seen maybe 2 good shaco players EVER...Now it's all AP or fail junglers....
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 7:21am | Report
At the moment, to be a good Shaco, you have to be a skillful Backdoorsmen. :P

You have to have a team that listens when you tell them to push top/bottom to distract the enemy, and good intuition (or lots wards) for sneaking past enemies. So when you strike a turret, it'll be totally by surprised.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 1:49pm | Report
I love Shaco and I love playing with him currently. There are lots of really fun jukes you can do with him.

Ever have 3 people chasing you and you run into a bush? Then you Deceive, but stay in the bush and start recalling immediately. Everyone fans out to cut off your escape paths when you never left the bush at all :3

Another really fun one is to run into a bush and cast your ult, then send your clone to juke out while you really run the other way, making it seem like you're trying to juke when you're not.

This mechanic would just be SUPER strong and a lot of fun for Shaco players to use and abuse.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 2:05pm | Report

Ever have 3 people chasing you and you run into a bush? Then you Deceive, but stay in the bush and start recalling immediately. Everyone fans out to cut off your escape paths when you never left the bush at all :3

This mechanic would just be SUPER strong and a lot of fun for Shaco players to use and abuse.

I've never thought of using Deceive and staying in the same spot. That's bloody brilliant! Definitely have to remember to try that next time I play Shaco.

And, don't forget the Clone's explosion. Being able to swap means you can control the position of the clone better too. (Though I think the explosion radius could be bigger) Assuming Guinsoo gives him an expiration timer after the bug-fixes.

I still think Shaco could use a buff or two on his kit. The stealth rework naturally buffs JitBs and Deceive. So, I'd like to see Two-Shiv Poison add on-hit damage. A low-base damage one that scales with AD lightly, so that Shaco is more potent late-game.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 3:59pm | Report
The problem I see with doing this is that Shaco could basically use the clone as a long ranged flash on a timer when things get sticky. This would then force your team to chase both images of shaco otherwise he's pretty much guaranteed to get away. I mean all he has to do is send the clone in the opposite direction that he's running and he's golden. Unless there's a limited range for the switch
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 4:05pm | Report
I like the idea.

I love juking people, and Shaco is just SO fitting to the "jester" role. He can pull off so many tricks...

I used to be a big Shaco fan myself actually, but he's deteriorated over time to be honest.

Pre-pop boxes and you're screwed.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 5:05pm | Report
theBMB wrote:

The problem I see with doing this is that Shaco could basically use the clone as a long ranged flash on a timer when things get sticky. This would then force your team to chase both images of shaco otherwise he's pretty much guaranteed to get away. I mean all he has to do is send the clone in the opposite direction that he's running and he's golden. Unless there's a limited range for the switch

That's kind of the point.

Shaco is currently useless late game because smart ones stick together. If he shows his face, he ends up taking focus-fire and goes down quick.
Currently, the clone is virtually useless late game as well. All it's good for is scouting and suicide missions. Enemies can tell if it's fake instantly, how to beat Shaco's ult is common knowledge now. If Shaco could swap with it, that would add amazing utility and give him the survivability to duck in and out of fights at the right cost.

The suggestion is that he can only swap once, and even then, he has to control the clone via ALT+click, so there is a threshold of skill required to use such a function. Given the skill required, and the fun involved in such an ability, the cost of the enemies tricked is definitely worth while, and not "unfair."
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide