Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

There is no elo hell

Creator: recnib November 29, 2012 3:29pm
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2012 12:07pm | Report

Where's the source on that stuff? Even if it's true it actually doesn't affect anything. It's not like 2 sets duo queue and realize that then all get in skype to play together. Which means you have less than half the team working together with direct communication. But that's me.

The issue with solo queue is simply the people within solo queue. I'd hazard a guess that a majority of them are high schoolers who think they're ****ing invincible and as such act like complete ****tards while blaming their HORRIBLE game play on everyone else never accepting responsibility.

Dunno about the source anymore, I remember it was also described on the wiki, if you take that for granted.

But seriously whats better: Zero communication or 2x2 ppl talking at least?
They dont have to be in the same lane: Just think of one being jungle and one ADC.

But yeah... biggest problem are 12-16y old mind****s who neither have the brains to play the game/keep their damn mouth shut everytime they try to harass others nor the ability to see themselves as the actual problem.
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2012 10:14pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

But yeah... biggest problem are 12-16y old mind****s who neither have the brains to play the game/keep their damn mouth shut everytime they try to harass others nor the ability to see themselves as the actual problem.

I'm so glad to not be in that player-base anymore. It's hated so much, and for the right reasons, but I wasn't like that. I wouldn't be able to stand myself.
^^ Check out my Gangplank Guide! ^^
+Rep is OP! Special Forces Gangplank!!
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2012 10:41pm | Report
Hence my earlier post, every Elo is Elo hell if you're bad at the game :P

Fixed that for ya, partner!
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2012 3:05am | Report
i see this stuff everywhere
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2012 6:38pm | Report
"Elo Hell" is just the name I give to any Elo below 1200. I don't think you're going to magically start getting better teams when you hit 1200, or anything on top of that. When you're 900 Elo, it's **** players vs **** players. When you're 2.2k Elo, it's extremely experienced players vs extremely experienced players. In both Elos, you have the same chances of winning the game depending on your team. And that applies to any Elo. If you're going positive in lane, say, 4/2, but then you lose because your team wasn't doing as well as you and resulted in both the other enemy lanes going 4/2 too, then how can you say your team was ****, but the people that you were against in lane weren't? How can you know the people you were laning against were mediocre, and you were just outplaying them, but everyone on your team was **** and got outplayed because they were ****?

There's also these occasions when you see an enemy Irelia going 10/0 against your top. The natural reaction for everyone on your team is to flame your top laner and say he's ****, and tell everyone to report him. But stop to consider something. NO ONE at ANY Elo, is dumb enough to repeatedly keep on trying to fight an Irelia time and time again after dying 5 times to her already. If he keeps on dying after it's clear he's not going to be able to win his lane, it's not because he's ****, it's because the Irelia is doing something that's constantly netting her kills. Maybe she got a Frozen Mallet and just kept on diving him over and over again, and he just wasn't able to escape. In this situation, it's not his fault that he's feeding, it's the fault of your mid and jungler for not trying to help him at all, after he's already died 5 times or more. He was out-played by Irelia early-game, and had no control over what happened next. It's like when I used to main mid Warwick and I always used to rush a Madred's Bloodrazor. Whenever I got Madred's Bloodrazor, I just needed to use Hungering Strike once on them, then next time it was off of cooldown I'd ult and Q, and that was it, they were dead. There was nothing they were able to do about it, it was literally an inescapable combo that netted me kill after kill every time they walked onto the lane. If you're winning your lane with something like 5/2, that's good. But if someone on the enemy team has some sort of tactic to get ridiculously fed, then it's not your team's fault.

If you think you deserve to be a higher Elo, YOU need to be the one going 11/2 in the laning phase. You can get to high Elos with good scores like 4/1, 5/2, 5/0, but it takes a long time. As someone said already, pros can reach 2k Elo on smurfs in like a month. It isn't by doing well, it's by single handedly winning the game each time. If you're 900 Elo but you do well each game then you probably deserve to be at least 100 Elo higher, but it could take time. But rest assured, solo queue isn't out to get you, you're not getting the worse team against the better enemies every single time. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you get unlucky, and at times it may seem like you're stuck in an Elo you don't deserve, but if you just spam ranked games and do well in each one, then on average, you should be winning more games than you're losing, which is how you slowly rise in Elo. Whereas if you only play 10 ranked games a month, you're not going anywhere without winning 80% of those games.

But yeah, this is advice for any Elo, not "Elo hell". There is no Elo at which your team is so bad that it's impossible to win, because if EVERYONE at that Elo except you is that bad, then your enemy team has 5 of those terrible players, and your team only has 4, because you're supposedly a good player.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2012 9:17pm | Report
TextWall Hell

Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2012 3:05am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

TextWall Hell

I'm like that. :(
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2012 3:43am | Report
I proved it!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2012 4:16am | Report
Gjeez.. Going to copy my answer to most of these threads;

"ELO HELL only excists in one's mind. Is anyone capable of denying something like that ?
If someone thinks he/she is in ELO HELL.. they more likely belong in it.
It's ******** to say for someone, if it does excist or not. To some it does excist, to some it doesn't. Period."

That's my opinion. I thought before there was one, but now it doesn't excist for me anymore. I noticed I sucked balls and I improved and raised my ELO by 400.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
kazimera
<Member>
kazimera's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2012 12:06pm | Report
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5MTO2a7ZFcc

I dont know may be sb put the movie before me didnt read the whole post, sry if it was.
A movie about "elo hell".
www.bestgamevids.com Best game Replays

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide