Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Throatslasher AMA, general AP mid convo thread

Creator: throatslasher September 26, 2012 10:57am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Syther Blade
<Member>
Syther Blade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 11:52am | Report
do people with under 1700 elo have the "authority" to post on this thread...

Sigs By: Syther Blade (me), TheNamelessBard
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 11:56am | Report

There are some who know just as much about LoL even if their elo isn't high.

..>.>
^^ Check out my Gangplank Guide! ^^
+Rep is OP! Special Forces Gangplank!!
Krisys
<Member>
Krisys's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 12:07pm | Report

(Cue Charlie Brown's Teacher noise now) Pretty sure they can post in this thread. It just can't be relevant to the topic.
Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 12:17pm | Report
ADC IS BETTER D:<

But anyways, not even going to bother asking anything since I suck too hard at mid to ever be good at it, gl gl ^^
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 12:24pm | Report
Vavena wrote:

ADC IS BETTER D:<

But anyways, not even going to bother asking anything since I suck too hard at mid to ever be good at it, gl gl ^^

practice makes perfect. play morg. walk into team, black shield self, press r, win teamfights.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Xenotechie
<Guide Critic>
Xenotechie's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 12:53pm | Report
Soo... what's your opinion on Viktor? I know you said in the past you want Ahri if you like his abilities or something like that, but can you elaborate on this? What I see in Viktor is a REALLY long range laser that is deceptively hard to dodge, an AoE CC and and AoE ulti that provides tons of damage. Oh, yeah, he has that shield thingy, but it is too slow for the laning phase IMHO. I don't really see how does that compare to Ahri, or why is she better.

Did I help you? Do you feel nice today? Take a look at my guide,I would really appreciate it.

Syther Blade
<Member>
Syther Blade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 12:55pm | Report
Xeronn wrote:

There are some who know just as much about LoL even if their elo isn't high.

..>.>

its a reference at the thread that got him banned anyone who had under 1700 elo and posted he flamed

Sigs By: Syther Blade (me), TheNamelessBard
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 12:59pm | Report
Viktor is a great mid in my opinion. Unique skills but they're easy to use and you can max either his shield or ray, both have great damage and can either sustain you or zone enemies. What does everyone think of Xerath? He's the one true AP mid I enjoy.
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 1:07pm | Report
Xenotechie wrote:

Soo... what's your opinion on Viktor? I know you said in the past you want Ahri if you like his abilities or something like that, but can you elaborate on this? What I see in Viktor is a REALLY long range laser that is deceptively hard to dodge, an AoE CC and and AoE ulti that provides tons of damage. Oh, yeah, he has that shield thingy, but it is too slow for the laning phase IMHO. I don't really see how does that compare to Ahri, or why is she better.

I think the general consesus on viktor is that he sucks. I've played him multiple times, and I have the same issues with him as everyone else. His kit is extremely underwhelming, and it's compounded by a plethora of other problems.

pros: laser is good, ult is good
cons: no mobility, short range on his q and cc, unreliable cc, ult disappears if he dies, CAN ONLY HAVE 5 ITEMS

Viktor is ok, and he's pretty unique, but I'd much rather pick safer mids that are almost guaranteed to have more of an impact on a teamfight. Viktor's non-laser spells have very short range, putting him in harm's way when he tries to do damage. If you want to play him, that's awesome. I'm all for unconventional mids. But to say that he doesn't have HUGE GLARING FLAWS means that you're naive, or blinded by shiny laser. I love karma mid, but she has HUGE GLARING FLAWS, so i don't pick her when i'm in tryhard mode.

Ahri is better because she's practically unkillable in teamfights, if you play her right. she has 4 flashes! Also, she has an easy-to-hit 2 second single target cc, better aoe, better sustained damage, and oh yeah, it's impossible to kill her in teamfights! She CAN also have a dominant lane phase if you hit a couple combos. She has built in sustain, escapes, aoe, true damage, HARD CC, and more. what else could you ask for?
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 1:12pm | Report
whats the ETA on the naut guide? or is it already done?
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide