Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Trynd Remake

Creator: Atarios July 28, 2011 4:29am
40 posts - page 3 of 4
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 6:35am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Do not argue with the master of jungling, sir!

All hail Xenasis.

So that this post actually has a point: just looking at the numbers it seems like a nerf to me. I don't play Trynda and haven't seen one ingame yet though.

They're coming out of the woodworks (Tryns I mean). I don't have trouble shutting em down now more than ever. I was playing Annie the other day, I can tell you this I sure as hell wasn't being 2 shot by him. So simple to make him waste Mocking Shout then kite him around.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 6:46am | Report
Tryndamere hasn't really changed.

They made it easier for him to build up his "Bloodlust" stacks (turning it into fury) and swapped the crit with AD.
Now he gets flat AD + more for %health-lost, and Crit for every bit of fury he has.

This changes three things:
1. He can have high crit without going low health. Effectively fighting without needing his ultimate (just be careful)
2. Getting low health only gives stronger AD, not more crit. (Less exciting)
3. He needs to wind-up fury before fighting. (Or use your ult at the right time for insta-fury)

Also, Spinning Slash now gets 2 seconds off it's cooldown when you crit.
That means more spins, more damage, more wins. Spin2Wiiiiin.

He's been made more viable and less snowball-y. (Though still pretty snowball-y)
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 7:28am | Report
....I disagree that they made him "more viable"...He still pubstomps, but the lack of sensationally high crit damage makes his late game less exciting and less alluring to play, overall SINKS his viability; why play Tryn (with zero utility for team fights) when you can play a less troublesome and more team oriented Xin? Building Tryn pre-patch had some crit chance built in to runes (plus his passive 10% crit chance) so getting BL stacks actually was easier and it sure as hell didn't take as long as it does now early game. If anything they stabalized his jungling although to me it feels a lot slower, made his laning potentially worse. Additonally they nerfed his late game by leaps and bounds. Pre patch 1200 crits (because of the CrD from BL) Now with the same items I'm hitting for 800 damage that's a reduction of 400 damage....His heal was nerfed by 100HP restored at max BL....Etc. Etc. I've mained Tryn for over 100 games, to those who might have picked him up occassionally the differences might not be noticeable, but I can see and feel the differences.

And yes he still is extremely snow bally.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 2:47pm | Report

....I disagree that they made him "more viable"...He still pubstomps, but the lack of sensationally high crit damage makes his late game less exciting and less alluring to play, overall SINKS his viability; why play Tryn (with zero utility for team fights) when you can play a less troublesome and more team oriented Xin? Building Tryn pre-patch had some crit chance built in to runes (plus his passive 10% crit chance) so getting BL stacks actually was easier and it sure as hell didn't take as long as it does now early game. If anything they stabalized his jungling although to me it feels a lot slower, made his laning potentially worse. Additonally they nerfed his late game by leaps and bounds. Pre patch 1200 crits (because of the CrD from BL) Now with the same items I'm hitting for 800 damage that's a reduction of 400 damage....His heal was nerfed by 100HP restored at max BL....Etc. Etc. I've mained Tryn for over 100 games, to those who might have picked him up occassionally the differences might not be noticeable, but I can see and feel the differences.

And yes he still is extremely snow bally.

It's only less alluring because it's different.
Now you can achieve 35% Crit at level1 without losing any health.

Tryndamere can now waste less crit on his build. Tryndnamere has always had team fight utility. Mocking Shout is an AD-reducer and chaser's slow.

The rework DID make his jungle more difficult. But it also made it less luck based; for old jungle tryndamere if you got a little unlucky: You. Were. Screwed.
Tryndamere is actually very strong in lane against the right comps. When he's up against the right comps, he OWNS. Being able to crit away half a squishy's health or spin away from danger and heal up with bloodlust. He's just very difficult to play, a lot of people just buy him hoping to be immortal with Undying Rage. Doesn't work that way~

He IS more viable. The rework just ruined the niche play style that SOME high-elo players were fond of.
So now they have to master him all over again.

Nothing buy sour grapes.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
yegaboo11
<Member>
yegaboo11's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 2:50pm | Report
I personally find him a lot better late game but weaker than before early game, especially if you happen to be laning against someone with a good harass like ashe.
       ▲Flipping tables is fun!
     ▲ ▲ (╯ಠ_ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻   
yegaboo11
<Member>
yegaboo11's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 2:54pm | Report
JunSupport wrote:

Also, Spinning Slash now gets 2 seconds off it's cooldown when you crit.
That means more spins, more damage, more wins. Spin2Wiiiiin.

He did that before the update.
       ▲Flipping tables is fun!
     ▲ ▲ (╯ಠ_ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻   
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 2:58pm | Report
AD reduction works well on AP champs now aye? They removed the directional requirement for Mocking Shouts slow too? I guess he does have utility in team fights....

Xin can go omnomnom against virtually any lane comp, why should Tryn have to get the special ed class opposing laners to do well? He is a rather difficult champ to play, but if his damage is no longer above that of other AD champs the question still remains "WHY PLAY HIM?" the fun for me was his late game. Now his late game is boring and dull, I see crits I can get with other champs. TRYNS ALLURE WAS HIS END GAME DAMAGE OUTPUT it's not there anymore. Xin is undeniably a lot more versatile of a champ and provides a better chance for a team to win because of his typically off tanky nature...Tryn doesn't ergo the logical choice for a better chance to win is to play Xin.

Do you see what I'm getting at? The fun isn't there as much as it used to be. As well as the risk/reward for Tryn isn't there etc. etc. etc. I'll say what I know from experience, and you can continue to say what you think you know. Deal?
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 2:59pm | Report
Keep it civil, people.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 4:53pm | Report
I thought that was rather civil. I mean I'm just expressing my experience, whereas Jun is...Jun is doing his Jun thing. It's his own flow, and it works for him, I just have a differing opinion. And he staunchly disagrees...Which is fine but opinions lose to experience...Or that's my logic.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 5:19pm | Report
@JEFFY40HANDS:

What you're depicting is an attachment to old mechanics. When a player becomes fond of a mechanic and then feels disappointed or let down because the feature was changed without their approval.

This attachment overwhelms any theory-crafting logic because people inherently dislike change.

In short:
I'm right. You're bitter. You're get over it.

I was bitter about Heimerdinger's 3-turret, but then I found rocket dinger. <3 my guide.
I was bitter about Kayle changes. Then I remembered I don't really play Kayle much.
I was bitter about TF, but then I realized this was better for the game. (Intelligence triumphs!)
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide