Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Upcoming League Of Legends Patch 3.10

Creator: kimoberoi July 26, 2013 2:02am
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 8:49am | Report
I think it's too expensive item for supports now... So supports need to figure out something else.
Encross
<Member>
Encross's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 8:53am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

I'm wondering the following:

In the 3.9 patch, the standard buy for supports and junglers would be:
Jungler: Aegis/Bulwark
Support: Locket

So, what will happen now when these items will become one? Who will get the Aegis now, and what item will the other one get?

I think Junglers are still more likely to pick up the new Locket than a Support. You probably do want one on every team in an ideal scenario, but the stats on the item and the Jungler's ability to make plays across every lane with the shield active make it a little more useful in their hands.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 8:59am | Report
Exactly. That is what I have been thinking as well. The question is, what will supports get? All the other support items are kinda meh.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 9:05am | Report
Encross wrote:

The only champion buying Frozen Heart in his core ( Ryze) received significant nerfs. It's an indirect buff to him that ultimately won't change the flow of a normal game.

so, you only get items because they are "core" on X...
Quoted:
I think it's too expensive item for supports now... So supports need to figure out something else.

since income nerf, supports can barely buy anything, especially with no HoG, and not buying philo stone. I rarely saw one with this Locket. In bronze/silver, most junglers didn't even get aegis. so, well, don't count on it, unless you are uber high elo, imo.

As requested to GMD himself.
Encross
<Member>
Encross's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 9:06am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Exactly. That is what I have been thinking as well. The question is, what will supports get? All the other support items are kinda meh.

I think it ultimately depends on the game state. You aren't exactly swimming in gold as a support, so once Ruby Sightstone, upgraded boots, Oracle's Elixir, various wards, and philosopher's stone-esque items are completed you're a little hard pressed to even begin thinking about a real purchase.

I'd actually like to see the meta shift in a way that allows supports to start looking at actual, impactful items in their late game buys rather than standard aura stacking. You're already seeing Zyra supports err towards the side of Sorcerer's Shoes and Liandry's Torment. Maybe this is a step in the right direction towards making support less of a punished role and more of an actual threat.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 9:07am | Report
I don't know how about you, but this is pretty much the standard in gold and above. I wouldn't call gold (nor platinum) uber high elo ;-)
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 9:07am | Report
every jungler in silver gets Aegis of the Legion..... In my games at least. Also, I haven't got Frozen Heart ever in season 3. Randuin's Omen and Sunfire Aegis are both better imo.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 9:08am | Report
The only item I can imagine that can make supports impactful without high cost is Morellonomicon. The other items are just too expensive. I haven't seen a Zyra finish a Liandry's Torment before the 40 minute mark, and if you only get that item your damage will still be only really marginal.

On the other hand, what happens to the tank supports like Thresh, Leona etc. They can't get those items.
Encross
<Member>
Encross's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 9:15am | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

so, you only get items because they are "core" on X...

That is the only relevant scenario where a 100g reduction would actually be impactful. Other than that you're just nitpicking highly specific game states to back your argument up.

I don't get why you're putting the word core in quotes, it isn't exactly a new term and you're just coming off as pretentious.
Encross
<Member>
Encross's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 9:18am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

The only item I can imagine that can make supports impactful without high cost is Morellonomicon. The other items are just too expensive. I haven't seen a Zyra finish a Liandry's Torment before the 40 minute mark, and if you only get that item your damage will still be only really marginal.

On the other hand, what happens to the tank supports like Thresh, Leona etc. They can't get those items.

Liandry's Torment is actually pretty efficient late game, so it being an end-game pick up isn't the worst thing in the world.

I think that's another angle of their approach to the Randuin's Omen and Frozen Heart price reductions. You can still be an aura bear and just buy one of those two items if you're dead set on getting tanky. Any of the Giant's Belt items should work.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide