Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vynertje's Support AMA and advice thread

Creator: Vynertje December 30, 2014 5:15am
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2016 11:37am | Report
Yes, I thought I put him there but apparently I forgot
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2016 5:14pm | Report
I've been having a great time as Soraka with the revamped support items. The extra 30% strength to her heals makes her heals so much stronger. Her ultimate now feels like an ultimate. My build is:

1. eye of the oasis
2. Mobility Boots or Boots of Swiftness
3. Ardent Censer
4. Mikael's Blessing
5. Zhonya's Hourglass or Locket of the Iron Solari or Banner of Command depending on the situation
6. Rabadon's Deathcap

Of course, games rarely go long enough to complete the deathcap, but when I do complete it, having the support items effectively boost the deathcap's effects by another 30% is awesome.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2016 1:45am | Report
She's definitely better, yeah. I would however probably move locket up in your build; either get it directly after boots/sightstone or do not get it at all. I also think Eye of the Watchers is a good item on her still because of her new Q and the extra AP.
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2016 7:48am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
She's definitely better, yeah. I would however probably move locket up in your build; either get it directly after boots/sightstone or do not get it at all. I also think Eye of the Watchers is a good item on her still because of her new Q and the extra AP.

That's an interesting idea. I usually get eye of the oasis because of its +150% health regeneration, which is helpful for sustain in lane to make up for the health you lose while healing your partner. I'll give it some thought, though, and maybe try Eye of the Watchers in a few games.

Edit: Also, eye of the oasis's Favor passive gives her another 10 health for each minion killed, which also gives her more health sustain.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2016 10:37am | Report
I like both Eye of the Oasis and Eye of the Watchers on her, depending on the lane match-up and how the game is going, of course. Maybe it's just me, but I guess I generally considered Locket of the Iron Solari/ Banner of Command to generally be a core item for Soraka unless one of them was absolutely unnecessary.

Personally, I would pretty much never buy Rabadon's Deathcap on Soraka. It's way too expensive and not exactly going to make you durable with that already squishy build. You need to be able to survive if someone jumps into the back line and deathcap won't really help you much with that. Zhonya's Hourglass' active might allow you to survive, but you have to be durable enough to keep helping your carries in those situations, imho.
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2016 11:14am | Report
I like both Eye of the Oasis and Eye of the Watchers on her, depending on the lane match-up and how the game is going, of course. Maybe it's just me, but I guess I generally considered Locket of the Iron Solari/ Banner of Command to generally be a core item for Soraka unless one of them was absolutely unnecessary.

I used to think that way until the changes to Ardent Censer and Mikael's Blessing made them so good. I don't deny that Banner of Command and Locket of the Iron Solari are excellent options, but you have to make choices, you know?

Quoted:
Personally, I would pretty much never buy Rabadon's Deathcap on Soraka. It's way too expensive and not exactly going to make you durable with that already squishy build. You need to be able to survive if someone jumps into the back line and deathcap won't really help you much with that. Zhonya's Hourglass' active might allow you to survive, but you have to be durable enough to keep helping your carries in those situations, imho.

Obviously we're talking about a situation in which you are building a sixth item on a pure support, a situation that will be quite rare. The game situation will dictate what item will be best. However, when I can, I like to build a Rabadon's Deathcap on her because you have the 120 AP, plus the 35% bonus to all AP including AP from other items and runes, plus the extra 30% bonus effectiveness on heals from the support items. It's that kind of multiplicative / exponential power that brings a smile to my face.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2016 11:34am | Report
Locket is superior to all these items in, estimated, >50% of the games. Once you face more than one high magic damage threat the shield and aura outperform any other standalone item if you look at pure utility alone.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2016 11:53am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
Locket is superior to all these items in, estimated, >50% of the games. Once you face more than one high magic damage threat the shield and aura outperform any other standalone item if you look at pure utility alone.
Thought so, thanks for clarifying there.

MungoGeri wrote:
I used to think that way until the changes to Ardent Censer and Mikael's Blessing made them so good.
They also don't need to always be purchased together, either.

Quoted:
Obviously we're talking about a situation in which you are building a sixth item on a pure support, a situation that will be quite rare.
That completely ignores my point. Regardless of whether a sixth item is rare or not, that possible sixth item should not leave you easier to blow up than necessary.
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2016 1:44pm | Report
That completely ignores my point. Regardless of whether a sixth item is rare or not, that possible sixth item should not leave you easier to blow up than necessary.

Did you read the rest of the paragraph I wrote? I believe I addressed your point directly.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2016 1:58pm | Report
I did, I don't think "the game situation will dictate what item will be best" deals with the issue when no alternatives are mentioned for the sixth item being talked about.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide