Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Welcome to elo hell, leave all your logic at...

Creator: ZioSerpe September 28, 2011 1:31am
1 2 3
WaffleWarrior
<Member>
WaffleWarrior's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2011 12:22pm | Report
0 kills as morg?

Thanks for the amazing sigs Brynolf,JEFFY40HANDS, Katoki, and myself
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2011 2:46pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

I agree that all players should buy wards, not just supports.

Most high Elo teams will agree.

Wards carry solo que.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Crazy Smurf
<Member>
Crazy Smurf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2011 2:53pm | Report
Hence I'm the usual AP Carry in most of my games, I can say one thing.
Supports are for the main income of wards and countering them.
AD Carry ***** on buying on them IMO, or should at least, every drop of gold is important for him as he creeps like a *****.
Solo top needs his core usually asap, so he buys a ward or two for himself.
Junglers get Wriggles so yeah, it's fine with them.
AP Carries should be the ones getting kills since their farm is usually, but not always, lower than AD or Solo Top, hence if they get kills and assists they do can get a ward each trip back, depends on the enemy, really... if you are getting *** ganked, buy them early on a lot. If not, got 1-3 and farm calmly.

BETTER PREVENT THAN CURE.
BETTER WARD THAN DIE.
- Witcher 1 and 2 Collecter Editions - Best RPGs in tha World -
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2011 2:57pm | Report
JunSupport wrote:

ELO Hell occurs in two forms.

ELO Hell #1 - You suck and think you deserve higher ELO.

ELO Hell #2 - Your destined ELO is around 1200, so you're always getting matched up with newbies - Sucks to be you
(People destined to be 1200~ often think they're suffering from ELo Hell #1 because most feel everyone should be able to reach at least 1400+, which is wrong.)

Also - Who the hell plays support in low ELO? You can win the first few games off scrub strategies like tanky-dps bum-rushing and glass-cannon builds.

Playing support when support doesn't necessarily go best in your ELO Bracket.
That's like 13 going on 30 - You're not playing for your ELO bracket - You're being a nub.

Learn the meta, Pick for your team, Play to win - Not to satisfy your 'want' of your preferred role.

so, you are saying if you are stuck in elo hell you always deserve to be there?

so untrue, lol.

even taggrin was saying how it is a lot of luck...

you just have to grind a lot, really, and eventually it'll all level out. very rarely do you see high elo people with like...100 or 200 ranked games; almost always like 500 + wins, lol.

I even have a plat friend who was saying how impossible it was to carry these kids, and that once you get up to like 1600 it gets easier because people are actually decent.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2011 3:08pm | Report

so, you are saying if you are stuck in elo hell you always deserve to be there?

so untrue, lol.

even taggrin was saying how it is a lot of luck...

you just have to grind a lot, really, and eventually it'll all level out. very rarely do you see high elo people with like...100 or 200 ranked games; almost always like 500 + wins, lol.

I even have a plat friend who was saying how impossible it was to carry these kids, and that once you get up to like 1600 it gets easier because people are actually decent.

Quoted for truth.

People say you will end up where you need to be but you have to grind to get there. Because winning 2v5's and 3v5's isn't easy ;x.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2011 6:57am | Report
ELO Hell is the best. During Season 1 I could play however I wanted and still win a huge percentage of my games. It's a shame I didn't have the time to play more ranked. I would have enjoyed stomping nubs.

On a side note, play pubstompers. Annie, Garen, Singed, Akali... you get the idea.

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2011 9:06am | Report
EvilDice wrote:

Not really. Early game, it's a given that you should buy a ward for your lane. Top should provide a ward for themselves, mid should put a ward on one side, the jungler should put a ward on the other side, and bot should provide their own ward.

After the laning phase however, the job of warding should belong almost exclusively to the support, with some help from the jungler. The supports has his gp5, and the sole point of that is to have enough money to constantly lay down wards. Maybe in solo queue, you should buy wards late game if your support is not doing their job, but the idea of "splitting the cost" is just wrong. Ward costs add up, it's not like it's "only 75 gold". That cost adds up and carries need their items and farm in order to carry.

Well myself and several high Elo teams disagree with you.

All players should be buying wards at all times of the game. If you watch HSGG in his tourny matches, the kid's constantly buying wards even into the 30 minute marks until he simply has no room left.

NA teams are more ready to force the support to buy all the wards, but there's a lot of EU teams as well who all buy wards.

It's quite simply not "Just wrong" to have everyone buying wards even after laning phase. 75 gold spent on a ward is worth it, even when you're an offtank or an AP carry. If you're playing a support like Janna who doesn't need CS to perform her primary function, then it's easy to say that a support needs absolutely no gold.

Supports like Soraka who have AP ratio's on lots of skills however, will benefit heavily from a ward or two being purchased by other members of the team.

Anyway the point being, the teams that win the most tourny's are not the ones forcing their supports to buy every ward, they're the ones who all buy wards when they have a free slot and 1-200 gold left over.
Expheria
<Member>
Expheria's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2011 10:36am | Report
Well , in all low elo games i play its only me buying wards which pretty much makes it easy for us to lose , elo-hell for life <3
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2011 11:22am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Supports like Soraka who have AP ratio's on lots of skills however, will benefit heavily from a ward or two being purchased by other members of the team.

Soraka's not a support lol
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide