Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Whats's the difference between last hitting...

Creator: YayaFTW August 16, 2012 11:18pm
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 11:43pm | Report
Given all the times I've misclicked into a crowd of minions this may be something I look into practicing in some Normals.
Ayak22
<Member>
Ayak22's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2012 12:19am | Report
I used to A click all the time, and then I realised I couldn't last hit at all ever and started right clicking. Not sure if it makes a difference, but I seem to be having more luck and it'd feel weird to go back now I think. Plus it means I can move around more without accidentally attacking other minions.
Most days you'll find me playing support with a loss streak. Some days you'll find me playing support and actually winning. Occasionally, you won't find me playing support at all.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2012 2:12am | Report
"A+left click" and "shift+right click" both execute the "Player Attack Move/Click", you can find it in the controls menu.
It's a much better way, especially for AD carries, to execute their attacks than the "Player Move Click" command. "Player Attack Move" causes your champion to attack the nearest target when you click anywhere on the ground, very useful when trying to position yourself on max range in a teamfight, and attacks a unit when you click on it. Obviously, this is better than the ordinary "Right Click" or "Player Move Click", because you will not go out of position in a fight or while lasthitting because you misclicked and you can stay on max range. It's pretty sad that not many players use the command or know how to use it, because it really distinguishes a good AD Carry from an average one.

Also, when your enemy tries to juke you in a bush, you can just shift+right click" it and your champion will attack him as soon as he's visible. Same with teleport, where you can teleport somewhere and tell your champion to do something as soon as it arrives while channeling TP/Destiny.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Arkharan
<Member>
Arkharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2012 11:26am | Report
A = Maximum range and no chance to walk for no reason.

ty xaiolu for the sign :3
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2012 11:32am | Report
Honestly, if you have trouble with clicking on the wrong things, this isn't going to help. It simply changes what happens when you missclick. If you right click and miss the minion, you either attack the wrong minion or move. If you use A and click and miss the minion, you end up attacking whatever's closest to you. It's only if you're clicking on the right thing that they have the exact same effect.

Also, it's not necessarily always useful for facechecking bushes. If there are minions nearby when you use A and click into a bush, your champion will go for the minions every time.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 12:59am | Report
Personal preference

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^ Check out my Gangplank Guide! ^^
+Rep is OP! Special Forces Gangplank!!
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 9:46am | Report
lifebaka wrote:

Honestly, if you have trouble with clicking on the wrong things, this isn't going to help. It simply changes what happens when you missclick. If you right click and miss the minion, you either attack the wrong minion or move. If you use A and click and miss the minion, you end up attacking whatever's closest to you. It's only if you're clicking on the right thing that they have the exact same effect.

Also, it's not necessarily always useful for facechecking bushes. If there are minions nearby when you use A and click into a bush, your champion will go for the minions every time.

You don't run out of position with Player Attack Move, whereas if you misclick with Player Move Click, you go out of position and might get killed on lane or in a teamfight. It's indubitably the far superior choice for attacking.

edit: I don't think you run to the next possible target if the location you want to move to is closer to you than the next target, which would almost always be the case when trying to prevent a juke.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 11:19am | Report
Wintermond wrote:

edit: I don't think you run to the next possible target if the location you want to move to is closer to you than the next target, which would almost always be the case when trying to prevent a juke.

Strictly, this depends on your champion's acquisition range, to borrow the term from my old WC3 days. This is the range where, if there's an enemy in it, your champion will automatically start attacking the nearest enemy (unless you've given them other orders). When executing Player Attack Move, champions move until there's an enemy in their acquisition range, and then they attack it. I haven't done any real testing on this, but for most ranged champions their acquisition range seems to be equal to their autoattack range. For melee champions, it's a little more complicated, because many melee champions will just sit around not doing anything unless they're attacked, but when using Player Attack Move I'd estimate it to be between 450 and 600.

I bring this up because I have had plenty of times when a very aggressive top laner has attempted to trade with me, and lost, between me and my own minions. It can be difficult to chase them into the bush using Player Attack Move, depending on exactly how far back into the lane we were trading; near the minions, it's possible that my champion will veer off to go attack a visible minion rather than continuing into the bush, making me lose a fraction of a second correcting my movement.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 1:11pm | Report
"I've never really used attack move that much and i see no reason to do so unless there is reason to you maybe missing a click." - Yellowpete said something like that on his stream to someone asking him why he didn't use attack move when kiting.

Never used it unless when facechecking. It has killed me sometimes though.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 12:46am | Report
I didn't even know this existed before I saw this thread, but I have started trying it, and it hasn't really made a difference yet, but I guess I just need more practice with it, I like it, it may make a difference like some are saying with your moving and your range.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide