Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which champion should I buy? Should I get XXX...

Creator: DEWO April 8, 2011 5:18am
BabyBooBandit
<Member>
BabyBooBandit's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2011 1:18pm | Report
Hey everyone I am at 3150 ip again and i have a few questions. This time I have narrowed down my choice between olaf and udyr. I want somebody that is fun to play as well as putting out some nice damage. I also want somebody with somewhat of a challenge (For example: I play Cass). Thanks for your opinions.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2011 1:20pm | Report
Both are very good at putting out damage and are fun to play. Olaf would be the better decision as he just deals more damage while refusing to die and is very fun to play.

Step 1: Charge in directly into the middle of the fight.
Step 2: Pop ultimate.
Step 3: Pop Youmuu's and all your skills.
Step 4: PENTAKILLLLLLLLL
Crazy Smurf
<Member>
Crazy Smurf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2011 1:36pm | Report
So. I'm guessing on something. Got over 7,000 IP stocked, I have set of runes for AD Carry/AP Carry/Tank and Jungler. Which of those champs will be a better choice?

- Udyr
- Shaco
- Miss Fortune
- Malphite

I was going for Udyr but I heard he is the one to be practiced a lot.
- Witcher 1 and 2 Collecter Editions - Best RPGs in tha World -
IronBridge
<Member>
IronBridge's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2011 2:34pm | Report
Well from those 4 people... If your looking for fun I'd guess shaco or miss fortune.. I hear shaco don't do well in high elo games tho cause everything he does is pretty predictable. Udyr seems good because he can cover tank, jungler, or carry lol. I heard mal is pretty darn good as a tank as well.. just really based on your preference.. but if it wer me I'd spend my precious IP on MF or Udyr.
Bard Main
Melarith
<Member>
Melarith's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2011 2:42pm | Report
Malphite is MEH. He's got this MASSIVE early-game damage, but he just kind of disappears in the late-game. I'd pick any tank over him, to be honest, just personal preference. He's great if you're against an AD heavy team, but if they're so imbalanced in terms of teamcomp, chances are you've won anyway.

As for Udyr, he does require a certain amount of dedication to learn properly because of his many finesses and subtleties, and quite a bit of good decision-making (should I Tiger/Phoenix/Turtle and use an offensive/defensive route), and he doesn't have one of those insta-win button ultimates, so it can feel a bit odd to play him from time to time.

Shaco is okay, but lately he seems to have become even more and more kill reliant. He has a good early-game, but fades away in the late-game unless properly fed.
The purpose of Shen is to flip out and kill people.
- Phreak
Crazy Smurf
<Member>
Crazy Smurf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2011 3:16pm | Report
Got Udyr and Shaco, now for Malph, but nothing will be probably turn me from maining Vlad:P
- Witcher 1 and 2 Collecter Editions - Best RPGs in tha World -
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2011 11:00pm | Report
@Iron

I love how you "heard" about all these guys but not actually played them...xD

and also...about Shaco to your comment...one word....

Reginald

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2011 6:04am | Report
@ BabyBooBandit
Get Olaf. He is better overall.
Get Udyr if you need someone with some CC.

Olaf > Udyr in damage
Udyr > Olaf in survival.

@ Crazy Smurf
It all depends on what you wanted to get. You didnt precise what you were looking for. Want to stop maining Vlad but keep the playstyle a bit? Try Brand. He feels very similar (at least for me with my build).
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
MrTeenyWeeny
<Member>
MrTeenyWeeny's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 3:10pm | Report
Hi, I'm having trouble deciding between Jarvan and Olaf. After playing both of them, I am unable to decide which to buy. I liked how versatile Jarvan was being able to support, eat up damage, and still dish out quite a bit of his own. Olaf was equally as fun running straight for the carry without being stopped by CC. If anyone is able to give me any more insight on how either of these champions preform in ranked matches that would be wonderful. (I'm only level 22 atm). Thank you for your help!
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 3:27pm | Report

Hi, I'm having trouble deciding between Jarvan and Olaf. After playing both of them, I am unable to decide which to buy. I liked how versatile Jarvan was being able to support, eat up damage, and still dish out quite a bit of his own. Olaf was equally as fun running straight for the carry without being stopped by CC. If anyone is able to give me any more insight on how either of these champions preform in ranked matches that would be wonderful. (I'm only level 22 atm). Thank you for your help!

My advice -

If you like jungling or being relatively tanky whilst dealing relatively high damage - pick Olaf

If you like being very tanky and an off tank, and being one of the best off tanks in the game at the moment, pick Jarvan.

Both are completely viable in ranked, however I'd say Olaf was MUCH more viable as a jungler, Jarvan can jungle (much better in a lane, but it's an option) solo top, or even go mid if your team comp's rubbish.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide