Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why are so much junglers nowdays going for...

Creator: Vynertje February 6, 2014 10:55am
1 2 3
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2014 10:55am | Report
As the title says, I see a lot of junglers right now going more offensively by rushing Spirit of the Elder Lizard - even when they aren't even ahead of their counterpart. Is it because tops now are full tanks and supports get more income or does it have something to do with the jungle styles now as well?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2014 10:59am | Report
From what I heard, it just helps do damage and farm jungle.

It improves your sustain, since you're doing more damage, and it helps clear time 'cause your auto-attacks do more damage from the AD and the true damage. Even faster if some of your abilities are AoE and do physical damage.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2014 11:06am | Report
In addition to what lugi said:

Pros started using it.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2014 11:18am | Report
Well thing is, a lot of junglers get it when they aren't ahead causing them to be way to squishy while not dealing massive damage either.
Napoleon D
<Member>
Napoleon D's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2014 11:21am | Report
Because I want the MR from the Mercury's Treads but i dont want double tenacity.
i need to delete this account
NateDog13
<Member>
NateDog13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2014 11:28am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

As the title says, I see a lot of junglers right now going more offensively by rushing Spirit of the Elder Lizard - even when they aren't even ahead of their counterpart. Is it because tops now are full tanks and supports get more income or does it have something to do with the jungle styles now as well?

Personally, If you're behind at that early of a stage at the game, you've basically shown that you got crushed in an invade, or you don't have the skill to keep up in your current match. Regardless, you definitely shouldn't be rushing a damage item like that if you already have solid sources of damage and your team desperately needs a tank. On someone like Vi it works for early game, but if you don't have a tank you definitely don't want to get anymore damage items but that one. The previous reasons stated are correct. But you should also keep an eye out for who is doing it, because you'll mostly see people doing silly things like that if they are below Diamond/at the lowest stages of Diamond.
-Check out my Lucian Guide (Click the Picture above, 4 Current Builds)!-

GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2014 12:03pm | Report
I always get it on J4 due to the synergy with Hydra and the fact it just offers more sustain as a result of the new Spirit Stone. Additionally it just helps you snowball and clear a lot faster which in turn helps you snowball.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2014 12:16pm | Report
Isn't it partly because Spirit of the Ancient Golem was nerfed before preseason as well?
Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2014 1:15pm | Report
Janitsu wrote:

Pros started using it.

^^ This...
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs
Hannul
<Inhouse Addict>
Hannul's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2014 4:33pm | Report
I used it all the time for the sweet sweet true damage, cdr, and AD. When it stacks with the actual buff the true damage can get horrific. Still wouldn't build on a tank, only offtanks or full ****** damage ADs

Basically how I play LoL
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide