Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why do people say Mobafire sucks compared to...

Creator: Sadron May 22, 2012 2:08pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2012 2:39pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

Pros usually support Solomid since it's a website run by Team Solomid, and a lot of pro players contribute guides there. Most the pros say that Mobafire sucks/is for noobs whenever it's brought up (probably because they think their guides are better / they want their website to look better) so all the pros followers (which is a lot) say mobafire sucks too, and so on and so forth. Basically the sheep effect from the pro players contributes a lot to mobafire's bad image.

It's also because since ANYONE can make a guide and get to the top occasionally there will be bad or unconventional guides at the top, and people will use them as examples to say why mobafire's bad.

Mobafire is different from Solomid because everybody can participate and have a chance to get their guide out to people. This is why I like it. Mobafire is more of a "for the people" site and Solomid is run by a jury of pro players making a very small group of people control the site. Here everybody can contribute. However, because of the pro player jury their guides have pretty good quality control for the featured ones.

They are just different... But I think that's it in a nutshell, lol.

i use both sites problem with mobafire is alot of top rated guides are poop i kinda like solo mid i know top rated guides are well done.
Sadron
<Member>
Sadron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2012 2:45pm | Report
omagma wrote:

No, no i did not.

And to be honest, i rather take there word for it over yours.

their* :P
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2012 2:49pm | Report
Why thank you, mister 1 post.
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2012 2:55pm | Report
I tried out SoloMid for about a week. They seem to have a sense of "everything we do is unquestionably the best" which gets extremely annoying...

The biggest differences have already been noted. What I have noticed is that MOBAFire reaches out to a greater variety of skill levels and is much more open-minded in general.

And people are sheep. They will follow the crowd.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Sadron
<Member>
Sadron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2012 3:09pm | Report
animorte wrote:

I tried out SoloMid for about a week. They seem to have a sense of "everything we do is unquestionably the best" which gets extremely annoying...

The biggest differences have already been noted. What I have noticed is that MOBAFire reaches out to a greater variety of skill levels and is much more open-minded in general.

And people are sheep. They will follow the crowd.

I like your post, it makes sense. They do seem to be douchebags.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2012 3:23pm | Report
In fairness, a lot of Mobafire guides are really bad.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2012 3:43pm | Report
To be honest, if I wanted excellent guides about LoL, I'd go on solomid. But I don't want guides, what I want is a cool community, so I hang out on MOBAFire.

If you want guides : SoloMid

If you want an awesome community : MOBAFire

But that's just IMO

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2012 4:24pm | Report
Fox Rage wrote:

To be honest, if I wanted excellent guides about LoL, I'd go on solomid. But I don't want guides, what I want is a cool community, so I hang out on MOBAFire.

But that's just IMO

Pretty much this. Often the guides on solomid are just superior, and if i don't know what to build on a champ i go to solomid.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Paralysekid
<Member>
Paralysekid's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2012 4:26pm | Report
Fox Rage wrote:

Actually I have learned everything in LoL from Mobafire and with the guides here I'm pretty successful in my scene :D
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2012 4:31pm | Report
Well despite the fact there are a lot of herpderp guides here, there are also guides that are not 100 % perfect but are pretty damn good :)

But yeah, the community here is mostly the reason I hang around here :) Thanks a bunch for making this such a great place everyone :3

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide