Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why is Support role not wanted so much?

Creator: R4GE April 28, 2014 11:14am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Do you enjoy playing Supports?
Firehusary
<Member>
Firehusary's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2014 11:48am | Report
Because when you are support you won't have goods stats. Bad stats= report. People don't care who are you. And if you "KS" by mistake... well, you know you have cancer.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2014 11:50am | Report

Supports rule botlane, they are the one that are making the plays.
I have more than once found the support role denied to me by someone else though.

it does tend to happen, that's when I go jungling. :3
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2014 11:50am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

Supports aren't that popular because:
* You are duolaning. In solo queue, that can be a real pain
* Even though supports have more influence than previously, they are still the most team-dependant role (or something suddenly changed without me knowing)

i love supporting with a competent ADC but at lower elo it is a **** shoot whether the ADC will be decent or not, which is why i have recently picked up top lane.

R4GE
<Member>
R4GE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2014 11:53am | Report
Reason why I play Support is that I enjoy the feeling when you save an ally or lock down the enemy so your Adc could get the kill. Most of the time when I see someone get forced to play support I offer them to switch role. In most cases the Adc are thankful for their support, saying things like "Thanks" when they get saved.

One reason I don't play support 24/7 is that you can't really carry a game for example as Thresh, you may have some damage but not enough damage to kill a enemy alone. If your Adc is braindead blaming you for everything when it's just their own fault because they don't know the basics for the role like lasthitting and stuff like that.

But I still wonder something, why are kills so high valued?
R4GE
<Member>
R4GE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2014 11:55am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

People are dumb and selfish. I don't know why anyone would prefer top lane over anything right now it's literally the worst thing in the world.

Indeed they are. They aren't aware that they are playing with 4 other players, not with their ego.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2014 11:57am | Report
because the most basic thing you learn in the game is that champions are in your way and you must kill them in order to advance in your goals of destroying the nexus! newer players tend to think that the champions being killed is the main focus of the game and that destroying the nexus is merely a byproduct.

Alternatively some people are just in CoD deathmatch mode and want their KDA to be amazing every game regardless of winning or losing, which is borderline ******ed behavior.
R4GE
<Member>
R4GE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2014 11:59am | Report
Firehusary wrote:

Because when you are support you won't have goods stats. Bad stats= report. People don't care who are you. And if you "KS" by mistake... well, you know you have cancer.

Scores like kills doesn't really matter, atleast not in the games I've experienced. When it does "matter" are when two players are saying that they are better than the other so the compare the kills. Not having any kills doesn't lead to report, maybe deaths but not kills. I agree with on thing, and it's about Killstealing, when I take a kill by a misstake because the enemy walked through my The Box hell breaks loose, one kill stolen is the end of the world for them.
R4GE
<Member>
R4GE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2014 12:04pm | Report

because the most basic thing you learn in the game is that champions are in your way and you must kill them in order to advance in your goals of destroying the nexus! newer players tend to think that the champions being killed is the main focus of the game and that destroying the nexus is merely a byproduct.

Alternatively some people are just in CoD deathmatch mode and want their KDA to be amazing every game regardless of winning or losing, which is borderline ******ed behavior.

When I were playing Dominion against bots on my smurf because I was bored I noticed that we were close to losing because they focused on killing the bots, that's in my opinion a example of what you are saying.
Eistod
<Member>
Eistod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2014 12:04pm | Report
I'm pretty sure, tons of people think kills are more worth then everything else.. at least in Bronze.
You should know, if you reach 100 Kills you've won the game! True story.
Out Of Pancakes
<Inhouse Addict>
Out Of Pancakes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2014 1:01pm | Report
Tbh, I found easier to have good stats as a support since you're not supposed to take kills. But stats don't matter if you win the game.

@OTG: sometimes I even have to go ADc >_<
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide