Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why is Support role not wanted so much?

Creator: R4GE April 28, 2014 11:14am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Do you enjoy playing Supports?
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2014 6:11pm | Report
Unfortunately alot of people feel that the Support role is a thankless task and the way alot of players do act they are actually right to feel that way because to alot of them they feel that it is your duty as the Support to ward the entire map, to keep all 4 "key" members of the team safe and making sure everything goes according to plan.

Now if you are a good support and achieve all this then you have done what you should be doing and don't need a well done from your team because why would you thank someone for doing exactly what they should? However if any problems arise in the match due to anything that could be blamed on a support then people feel that it is necessary to put that person down for a failed job.

I firmly believe that the support is and will forever be the single most important role in the game above everything else because it takes a good character, a strong resolve and a heart of gold to be able to stand forward in any game and say "I am going to look after you guys as best I can".
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2014 6:39pm | Report
Every role is important. Supports and junglers get a bad rep because their role is innately easier to **** up than other roles.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2014 9:11pm | Report

Every role is important. Supports and junglers get a bad rep because their role is innately easier to **** up than other roles.

So much easier to mess up, also with the support the ADC/Marksmen is always first to blame you when most of the time he is the one at fault, so most people just don't want to deal with it.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2014 9:14pm | Report
I don't let ADCs blame me. xD If they walked in front of me, away from my zone of protection and died, that isn't my fault. People let what people think of them get the best of them. Who cares of the **** stain ADC blames you for what you know to be his terrible decision making? Same goes for junglers out there, who cares if people blame you for this ****ty plays? keep playing what you like and know you're doing your best.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2014 9:24pm | Report
Yeah. If someone blames you for them getting caught, don't let it get to you. There are times when the support is responsible for letting a carry get caught, but you have to know when things are your mistakes and when they are not.

If what people are saying is really bothering you, just tell them that you're not going to save them if they get caught, and then just move on with more important things in the game
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2014 11:31pm | Report
Psst, use the mute/ignore button.
It really helps.
In low elo, where it's ALWAYS the junglers fault, I find I mute/ignore my team in about half my games.
(the other half I go full toxic mode, which is also fun :D)
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2014 1:10am | Report
If i was playing ad-carry and get hit by a bushed Leona E, i'm gonna blame my janna if she doesn't interrupt it and i died cuz of it.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
iambatman
<Member>
iambatman's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2014 4:46am | Report
As an adc main, i agree that supports are very important.

Some support players hovewer dont have a clue how they should play, after the introduction of trinkets, theres probably 2 from 5 supports i meet in games who think that when an adc has a ward they dont need to use wards, and instead just build full ap and tries to act as an ap carry instead.

Literally i have played countless games when asked to use wards, my support has stated that "i know what to build, use your trinket", this makes me mad. Please supports understand that even though we have trinkets warding is still one of your main responsibilities and good warding = win.
iambatman
<Member>
iambatman's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2014 4:47am | Report
Quoted:

If i was playing ad-carry and get hit by a bushed Leona E, i'm gonna blame my janna if she doesn't interrupt it and i died cuz of it.

I would never want to play with you, just sayin'
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2014 5:22am | Report
Quoted:

A twitch recently blamed me for not gragas ulting for that.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide