Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Your Non-Meta Pick

Creator: Graypozo May 20, 2014 7:53pm
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2014 4:13pm | Report
Support Swain. Still haven't quite decided on the full build, but I start with the AP support item and upgrade it ASAP. With full stacks, Swain's E does 45 extra damage, which is roughly the equivalent of having 70 extra AP on your E.

And level 6 is just hilarious because the heal on Ravenous Flock was designed for 1v1 matchups, not 2v2, where you get more of the 75% heal on champions. Take exhaust and you are impossible to beat in a 2v2 fight, especially if the enemy support doesn't pack an Ignite.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2014 4:22pm | Report
not really non-meta anymore, but I sometimes played Soraka mid before it was cool.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
Ragnar Fox
<Member>
Ragnar Fox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2014 5:06pm | Report
Just see my Lolking. I practically only play metabreaking builds.
Graypozo
<Member>
Graypozo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2014 6:55pm | Report
Thanks for all your contributions :D
I wasnt expecting this amount of replies, but it happen :D

A couple of things:
* You can look at a build of another member and suggest something, as long as you do it respectfully.
* You can add more than one build
* You can add crazy picks, as long as they are somewhat viable and not troll
* Check this guy out: http://www.youtube.com/user/SolitaryWolfXD
CLOSED ACCOUNT
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2014 7:47pm | Report
Teemo jungle.
Can shut down any part of the map with his 'shrooms, speed amp for getting places, and blind pretty much makes it easy to farm without taking too much damage.
His clearing times suck @ss until he gets Runaan's Hurricane, but once he does, he pretty much flies through camps. His gank power isn't too good, either, you have to come from behind, place some traps, and let them walk into you with your laners nearby.
If you want to help me, teach me.
JackFable
<Member>
JackFable's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2014 10:46pm | Report
Okay, so here we go...

*AP MF - used to be viable before removing her AP scaling off of W, now she only has her E and Ult, decreasing her AP output exponentially. Taking AD off of her ult also makes that a lot weaker too, so I'm all around disappointed with her now.

*Supp Volibear - Now before anyone says this isn't meta-breaking, most of the time I take him bot lane I get yelled at because "only Bronze scrubs take Voli bot". So IMO, he is a meta-breaker. One who really doesn't get his just desserts. See, he has some fairly good cc, what with his E and Ult (which, used by someone who knows him well, can be used to secure kills from one side of the turret to the other, which is hilarious to see). He also has that tankyness that some more modern supps need (Leona and Thresh) with a great initiation (Q) that can pretty much ensure a kill if used correctly with his E. His W is good for securing kills on Dragon or Champs when the ADC has to peel off.

*Supp Riven - this is a very particular build that I only take when my team is up for a kill/roam/repeat bot lane. Basically - take her with any champion with a stun/knockup (I feel like Annie and Yasuo tend to work best). Once you each hit level two, you can begin killing. Have the stunner land their stun, then Riven hits her stun and builds Q - once that stun wears off, she hits Q knockup, at this point the damage should be enough to secure a kill with ignite or some other abilities/aa's. The two varients I find work well with this is either a quick kill with an immediate roam to mid to snowball that lane (Yasuo works well with this, especially once you his 6, Riven gets the cc knockup then Yas comes flying out of the brush) or, with Annie, you have her get caster cs while you get melee cs - while this happens, Annie lands what poke she can on the adc, making them get pushed back and hopefully b, while Riven tries to do the same, once they are poked out, push lane and get turret.

tl;dr - Riven/Annie bot for good splitpushing lategame (take TP on both, then exhaust on Riven and heal on Annie) while Riven/Yas is good for securing kills and great roam.

*Mid Supp - any normal Supp, although I've had more success with Lux, Riven, and Soraka. Basic idea is that you snowball mid and secure it from ganks, basically meaning that ganks will be far and few as the jg has to trek to top or bot. Lux works well as she has a slow and stun, meaning your goal is to feed apc kills then either push or roam depending on the apc. Riven is pretty much the same, but works well with ignoring kills and focusing on zoning while your apc last hits. Soraka pretty much focuses on zoning and harassing enemy apc, while allowing your apc to burst abilities with your infuse helping them back up (works well if manamune/archangles staff is core to their build). Don't know how viable mid supp 'Raka is now due to her nuke. A necessity to this is either a high-range/escape adc like Cait/Vayne or a tanky one like Urgot.

*Counter-Jung - I literally just thought of this now, but what are your guys' opinions? If support went with a champ specifically made to counter-jung? I'm asking this because I know that I once went Riven top, and had the enemy top (Jax) and jg (Jarven-4) hit me and the jg while he was getting blue. J4 and Jax would enter the lane only to burst me down and push the wave, then both would go into the jg to kill/poke our jg. I lost my lane incredibly fast because the jg had to focus bot or else get killed/poked out, and doing so allowed J4 to focus me, and with their bot and mid both playing safe and close-to-tower, our jg was effectively out of the game (it was Warwick for anyone interested).

So, if the supp was exchanged for someone specifically focused on ruining the other jg's life, how well would it work? I mean, in theory if they played right, the other jg would either be taken out of the game while the counter-jg was able to provide additional ganks once his job was done; or, one of the other laners would have to pull off to help the jg, and if the counter-jg had a good escape (Jax, Elise, J4, HecaPony) they'd be able to peel while both the jg and whoever pulled to help the jg lost exp and gold, and the now open laner could farm/push as needed. The counter-jg might take smite, and focus on not only getting an early kill with the top/bot lane on whoever was watching the open Red/Blue camp but taking that camp as well.

I don't know, but I think I'll invest some time into that idea now. Anyone with me? I'm JackFable on [NA] if anyone wants to try this with me.

Sorry to the OP if the above is a bit too off topic - first post on here and yeah. I'll edit it out and make a different thread asking people to join me in that if you don't want it here.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2014 11:18pm | Report
AD Nidalee top lane (and occasional Mid lane). Start out with a Dblade and rush triforce into BotRK and split push all day. I won a game using this method despite the team as whole going 14-39 or something horribly lopsided. I didn't do that great though but suicided inhibs more than once.
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2014 4:46am | Report
I've also found HP/AP Volibear to be really fun. Start Doran's Shield, rush Rod of Ages, get defensive boots, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Liandry's Torment, another Rod of Ages and either Rabadon's Deathcap, Lich Bane, another Rod of Ages again or Warmog's Armor.

Sticky Dr. Mundo is also really fun. Start Doran's Shield, and then follow up with these items, not in a particular order: Frozen Mallet, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Liandry's Torment, Boots of Swiftness, Blade of the Ruined King and Spirit Visage. You'll die quicker than usual but nobody will ever get away (except Master Yi.

The classic AD Malzahar is fun as well. Start Doran's Blade, build Bloodthirster, Muramana, Black Cleaver, Berzerker's Greaves, Maw of Malmortius and Trinity Force, not in a particular order.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2014 7:26am | Report
TheKut wrote:

The classic AD Malzahar is fun as well. Start Doran's Blade, build Bloodthirster, Muramana, Black Cleaver, Berzerker's Greaves, Maw of Malmortius and Trinity Force, not in a particular order.

AD malz needs Last Whisper and more CDR, since most of his damage comes from Summon Voidling and they have a 1:1 scaling with your AD and armor pen.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Lisk
<Member>
Lisk's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2014 8:05am | Report
Sona Mid, build AP and chalice.

Just try not to feed, then mid game, roam as 5 and take objectives with your teamfight utility.

Also jungler can gank around level 6 (before that is hard since you have no CC, unless you were able to poke them low or pop their flash)

On the bright side, you can tell your jungler he gets free heals if he comes mid lane. :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide