Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Your Non-Meta Pick

Creator: Graypozo May 20, 2014 7:53pm
1 2 3 4
Graypozo
<Member>
Graypozo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2014 7:53pm | Report
Let's try something different.

The idea on this Thread is quite simple:
You post the Non-Meta Champion (and his/her role, ofc) you use, so other people try it out!
Try to include the Build/Abilities/Etc (Optional, some people want to keep it for themselves ._.)

I'll start ^^:

Champion: Leona

Role: Jungle

Build:
-Start: Hunter's Machete + 5 Health Potion
-Rush: Spirit of the Elder Lizard + Boots
-Pick Iceborn Gauntlet first for damage or Sunfire Aegis for tankyness, then pick the other one. Upgrade Boots to Mercury's Treads when you feel it's time to do it (Do the same with your Enchantment).
-Pick two:
Spirit Visage for health and MR
Ravenous Hydra for damage and life steal
Warmog's Armor for health and health regen
Guardian Angel for mixed recistanses and to live after death

Abilities:
Max W, then choose between E or Q > Pick R when you can

Screenshots:
Only on Normal/Co-Op Games for ovious reasons (maybe ill take it to ranked when I learn her better :P)

There was also a 8/5/5 game that ended on a defeat because of a afk, but It isnt on my match history now.

Your turn!
CLOSED ACCOUNT
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2014 8:13pm | Report
Good idea, I don't really have much off-meta material right now except for maybe support Leblanc or SOTD Twitch.
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2014 10:18pm | Report
ADC Ahri!, I only tried it in All for One, but hey it worked also here was the build I used for it

I even ended up having the most physical damage done as well!

but yeah my CS was really bad for it being a 50 minute plus game

also Dkitten played Support Ahri that game as well.

If I was going to play a uncommon pick that bricks the meta. ADC Ahri is what I would go with, that or support Ahri
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2014 4:14am | Report
None-meta picks? This is my strong side! Though more oriented around lane than build.

Top lane Maokai. Rushing Rod of Ages, continuing with defensive boots, Sunfire Aegis, Spirit Visage, Randuin's Omen and Abyssal Mask.

Support Nautilus. Starting off with a Relic Shield, continuing with Giant's Belt or Sightstone depending on how well it goes and how much we get ganked, after that I build, Mobility Boots, Sunfire Aegis, Face of the Mountain, Banshee's Veil and Randuin's Omen. Upgrade to Ruby Sightstone along the path. If you reach end game, sell Face of the Mountain and buy defensive item of choice.

Top lane Leona. Build Sunfire Aegis, Ravenous Hydra, Iceborn Gauntlet, Randuin's Omen, Mercury's Treads/ Ninja Tabi and Banshee's Veil/ Spirit Visage.

Adc Blitzcrank. Building adc.

Also Galio mid or top.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2014 4:57am | Report
Champion: Miss Fortune

Role: Top

Build:
-Start: Doran's Blade + health pot
-Rush: Blade of the Ruined King Berserker's Greaves
-Pick Wit's End after BotRK if enemy buys armor/if enemy deals sustained magic damage, if not skip it. Buy Runaan's Hurricane after wits end/if wits end is skipped.
-Then:
* Pick up Last Whisper
* Sell Wit's End for Void Staff

Abilities:
Take 1 point in W at lvl 1 for early trades. Then max E for better waveclear and kiteability. Max Q after E for more powerful burst. Max W last since passive doesn't strengthen upon leveling. Take a point in R whenever you can.

Tactic:
Annoy the enemy toplaner to death with your continuous harass and disengage (due to E). If the enemy toplaner starts to roam, splitpush like a crazy person. If you feel threatened by your overextending, run away, your passive should allow you to escape most of the time. Splitpushing and team is threatened? Run to them and use your magnificent ult for a million damage to win the game.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Oooneshot
<Member>
Oooneshot's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2014 7:57am | Report
AP Pantheon Mid?!?!

Items:
sorcerer's boots - Magic Pen
Lich Bane - W + AA + Q + AA
Rabadon's Deathcap - AP?!?!
Zhonya's Hourglass - Invulnerabilty

Abilities

-Max Spear Shot or Aegis of Zeonia.

How to win

Everytime someone is at low health (after you get Grand Skyfall. Ult and W and flash away. After you got your items, try to ult someone who is farming and use your Ult + W combo to finish them. To bait, use your ultimate on the middle of enemy team then after you fall use your Zhonya's Hourglass. Your enemies will use all their abilities and wait for your teammates to come and finish them. (actually works)

Ended up 12 - 5 - 1
Did my comment helped you? +Rep would be appreciated

Dychronius
<Member>
Dychronius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2014 8:47am | Report
Quinn top. Probably more viable than Quinn adc. Blade, Triforce, Cleaver, Randuin's, BV, Merc's. Not in any order. Regular leveling. If you play it, be prepared to get camped.

Zed jungle. Not too far out. Basically the same build as mid Zed. Max e instead of q.

Sion support. I do it every once in a while when I feel like derping around and I'm with friends. face of the mountain, tank boots, Sightstone, randuin's, maw, whatever I want for 6th item. Start q, max whatever you want really. Max q for shorter cooldown stun, w for stronger shield, or e to gain more health to be used with your face of the mountain.

Sejuani top. I started doing this after re-learning her in the jungle. roa, abyssal, sunfire, merc's, warmog's, whatever I think I need. Same leveling as jungle sej.

That's about it currently.

Do do do dee do do do
Firehusary
<Member>
Firehusary's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2014 8:58am | Report
Annie ADC.
Dat self peel, attack range and utility xD

Muramana because of E (XD), Berk boots if game is equal or worst, Sorc boots if stomp, Bloodthirster to boost AD, Statik, BotrK and then GA, Banshee, Rabadon or IE.

It worked )8/5/5 and 11/2/3), but I don't have this in match history :(

Q for harras, then and W. Ulti as usual.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2014 1:29pm | Report
TheKut wrote:

Top lane Maokai. Rushing Rod of Ages, continuing with defensive boots, Sunfire Aegis, Spirit Visage, Randuin's Omen and Abyssal Mask.

Welcome to my season 2 top Maokai build.
True love is found only in yourself.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2014 3:33pm | Report
Jungle Kassadin, I build Flare > Sorcs > Lich Bane > AP.

I've only lost once.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide