Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Im done with MOBAFIRE for good.

Creator: Hitsugaya November 13, 2011 12:58am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3
Hitsugaya
<Member>
Hitsugaya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2011 12:58am | Report
Kinda want to tell you why:

Because the stats at the top of the page are never correct.

Because you have to put in a set of items at the top. A straight item build is terrible for gameplay.

Because the community is worse (if possible) than the LOL forums.

Because a whole bunch of your tooltips are wrong,

And the coding for the guides themselves is severely lacking.

Many of the highest rated guides make absolutely no sense.

You might want to address some of the issues or you are going to lose people like me. The tooltip issue is really the kicker though. FIX YOUR ****.

-peace
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2011 1:18am | Report
Which stats? The members/guests online? Why is that important really?

Unless you're a tank, a straight item path, with an explanation on when to buy what usually suffices.

I do agree that certain people are worse. Most of the community on the forums, good people.

The tooltips being wrong is up to the vets. With about half of them being MIA, and the other half simply lurking, they're doing the best they can.

There's plenty of coding. Just check jhoijhoi's guide about making a guide for at least 90% of the coding. Columns and other things should be enough really.

Some of them are bad, yes. That's why we have the new freshness system to weed out the ones that aren't being updated anymore.

I'm sorry that we have not met your... high needs but, we hope you reconsider and come back soon.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2011 4:43am | Report
Good bye.
Slizer002
<Member>
Slizer002's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2011 4:55am | Report
The tooltip is kinda annoying, it forces me to compare with league-wikia all the time.

And tbh, if it's not anything any vets wanna do.. Then I'd be happy to go through it all to update the **** - I have so much sparetime in school atm that I would easily be able to just do it ^^

If someone can't stay alive in lane for 6:30 seconds on their own then they got problems.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2011 5:21am | Report
K, good bye your ''highness''

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2011 12:36am | Report
@Hitsugaya, sorry to hear it. I would like you to know that, part of the reason we brought in virago is to help the Veterans maintain the MOBAFire database. The Vets are already hard at work updating everything, they do a great job and virago will be joining them soon. As such, a number of things are up to date while others have yet to be addressed.

I'd also like to mention that we have a couple surprises in the works that may change your mind, so I hope you will keep an eye out for those :)

We appreciate your feedback and will do what we can to address the issues you raised. If you want to go into more detail about some of the points you listed, we'd love to hear it. You can always PM or email us using the "Contact Us" link in the footer at any time.
Azator
<Member>
Azator's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2011 7:49am | Report
Your just like ragers ingame, instead of helping you try to make things look worse than it is.
Your exact the same as you describe this community by talking in a way like you are doing.
If you actually read guides you can see the alternate and situational items. Joined in april 2011 and already an opinion.

Let me end this with:
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2011 1:19am | Report
Bye.

Not like you helped to improve us in any way.
Anyone can accualy flame and rage without a reason but helping the site is way harder. This is constantly a work in progress. The site is changing all the time. We try to keep it at its best.

Because the stats at the top of the page are never correct.
(Sorry to hear that but give details and we will try to fix it simple as that)

Because you have to put in a set of items at the top. A straight item build is terrible for gameplay.
(I seriously have no idea what you ment by that...)

Because the community is worse (if possible) than the LOL forums.
(Than have a good time at LoL forums, where noone is accualy giving...
It is proven that ppl dont like those forums for a reason so they go here or on LC.)

Because a whole bunch of your tooltips are wrong,
(Becouse we are the fortune tellers and we know which ones you mention. Oh **** it... srsly man... i was polite untill this point... READ READ READ! it is not THAT hard:
For the love of god or whatever you worship... http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/database We have a WHOLE SEPARATE FORUM for that...)

(The coding for the guides? huh?)

Many of the highest rated guides make absolutely no sense.
(Well they sute you than, becouse in most cases here you also make absolute no sense at all. o_O). There is a -1 option to express your opinion... heck you can even leave a comment! WOW! Where you can inform the creator he is stupid and such.)

You might want to address some of the issues or you are going to lose people like me. The tooltip issue is really the kicker though. FIX YOUR ****.
(We do not intend to loose anyone, yea, even ppl like you. It is not our goal here. We want to improve and sorry to say that but you are not helping at all.)

-peace
(war)
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2011 1:48am | Report
DEWO wrote:
(I seriously have no idea what you ment by that...)

He's refering to the fact that there isn't multiple item builds displayed, the way SoloMid etc does.
Quoted:
(The coding for the guides? huh?)

He means the BBCode and the wiki code. Columns are pretty broken and take a lot of playing around with to get right. There isn't any sort of table format that I have seen (beyond making your own with columns). However, MobaFire's coding system is better than other fan sites.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2011 10:27am | Report
Just FYI, both tables and multiple items are coming very soon.

We're always open to more ideas for coding. If there is something you guys want to do in your guides, or something you already do that requires really complex coding, let us know and I can come up with a better way!

I have complete control over the bbcode tags, I can create as many as I want, so just ask :)
1 2 3

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide