Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jQuery - Mouseover

Creator: jhoijhoi December 10, 2017 7:29pm
2 posts - page 1 of 1
What do you think of MobaFire's current mouseovers?
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2017 7:29pm | Report
As you guys make changes to the site and update things, I am always excited to see how they are reflected elsewhere. When you changed champion pages and the guide search page, you also changed how Ashe looks when mouseover'd. While the design is cool, my eye is drawn to how the blue box doesn't quite go all the way inside the black box, if you know what I mean.

That got me thinking about the mouseovers in general. How could they be improved? As I'm in my first week of school holidays, I've satisfied my desire to sleep and read on the couch for hours at a time, so am now getting back into gaming. As such, I updated Path of Exile and checked out their website for the first time in a while. Have a look: https://www.pathofexile.com/game

What excited me was the mouseovers which look exactly as per in-game. Unique, rare and common items have different box designs.

What if MobaFire did something similar, but based on champion, summoner spell, ability, rune, item? When you hover over: Ashe Flash Enchanted Crystal Arrow Summon Aery Infinity Edge You get lots of different layouts, yes, but nothing telling you whether Ashe, Flash, ECA, Aery or IE are runes, summoners, champions, items or what.

Wouldn't it be pretty, informative and cohesive if each category had it's own cool box design like PoE's mouseovers?

#moreideasthatnooneaskedfor
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2017 9:30pm | Report
Thanks for the feedback Jai. I don't feel particularly qualified to comment on this, but I can bring it up with the other staff members. Personally I think the mouseovers are functional enough to not be a problem and they aren't ugly, which is good enough for me. Maybe there's still room for improvement though.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide