Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

segregate guides made for Summoner's...

Creator: lugalo April 19, 2012 2:44pm
1 2
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2012 9:40pm | Report
Well even when we add multiple item builds, you won't have branches and such. So what you're suggesting might still be awkward PsiGuard. You could do a core item build, then an item build named "VS AD" and another named "VS AP", though.

If we're gonna go so far and make it so complicated, I might just suggest we provide some more bbcode tools for doing nice custom cheat sheets and then give authors the option of just doing it themselves (we'd have to remove the requirement of having a complete build - I've been considering doing this anyways). Manually coded cheat sheets.

The authors that don't want to (or need to) get so involved, can just use the builder as we have been. Adding multiple item builds I still think makes sense as it's the most likely place to have variations for the same build. If we start allowing multiples of everything (runes, masteries, summoner spells), I feel like it's going to get really complicated for the reader, and authors, and should just be explained in the guide.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2012 9:48pm | Report
I'd be up for manual cheatsheets. :D
Thanks to Fatelblade for the sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2012 3:44am | Report
I think that those of us who are dedicated enough to customise our cheat sheets to make sense to our readers would appreciate such manual attributes.

Users who do not wish to muck around with individualised cheat sheets don't have to.

I realise it may be asking too much to have multiple build orders, or collapsible mastery pages, or titles for said alternatives, especially if there will only be a small sample of people utilising it...

But it would be a great asset for MobaFire. The ability to showcase alternative builds, masteries, runes etc is just too useful to pass up.

In addition, as the stat box doesn't calculate all numerical values anyway, why not scrap it and just make a "stat calculator" to go with the rune and mastery calculator pages? This new BBCode block would be a fine addition to MobaFire and a much better way to show the true potential of builds. (this is what I mean: http://leaguecraft.com/builder/ahri/)

I don't know. I have a lot of ideas about how I'd like MobaFire to be, but I know I'm not the number one authority on what the masses want right here, so all I can do is add my suggestions to your huge To Be Considered List.

^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by owentheawesomer ♡
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2012 3:53am | Report
I'm rewriting the stat calculation code to make it more maintainable, to move towards getting it all working properly. I plan on getting it as close to 100% accurate as possible, excluding any temporary bonuses.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2012 5:28am | Report
Sounds great, Matt :) All of these updates/changes are pretty amazing and somewhat overwhelming ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by owentheawesomer ♡
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide