Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[SG] ELO Verifer Rank

Creator: Minho January 7, 2013 3:03pm
24 posts - page 2 of 3
Hogopogo
<Altruistic Artist>
Hogopogo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 3:12am | Report
tehAsian wrote:

What if the Vets manually select people? :V Or you could sign up for it, and be approved.

I like this idea
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 4:20am | Report
I don't see why this is an issue. It's not like there are thousands of people begging to be verified. Those who are in need to be verified know they can PM a vet, mod or admin with their request - it says so on the details page for verification. It's not like you NEED to be verified as soon as possible, your elo rank is not going to disappear over night.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 2:51pm | Report
Not exactly the same thing, but something I thought I'd bring up.

A guy on the NA chat was trying to get his ELO verified, Mooninites (rank of User) says that this fellow needs to have 50 ranked games to get his ELO verified (which is completely true). The player in question did have 50 ranked games completed (31 - 22). Moon however continued to say "No exceptions, 50 ranked games. I will not argue about this. No exceptions," etc. And just to be clear, the requirement IS 50 games complete, not 50 wins.

Moon isn't a vet, so he doesn't have the power to do anything about it, but there was nothing stopping him from harassing that guy. And with Xaioli being essentially perma AFK in the chat, what else can I do but ask Moon to stop, and tell players in need of verification to wait patiently for a "real vet" to show up? And since we don't moderate the chat at all, I can't report anyone for being rude to people who are asking if there is a vet present.

In light of this recent event, I would be in favor of allowing select people outside of vets to verify ELO. Somthing like how we select Refs for the inhouses, if you know what I mean. I just don't want this kind of thing to happen again, where non vets harass, and refuse to at least be civil. Moon couldn't even verify, what "right" does he have to be so... persistent (and rude) in saying "50 games, no exceptions! No arguing!"

rar
"Do not rage, do not fear, Joe is here!"
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 4:14pm | Report
^Pretty sure Moon was just trolling the guy.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 5:29pm | Report
But if there's a simple (or it seems that way in my head) way to avoid trolling, why not implement? Would also reduce the number of people who come to the support forums asking to be verified. Just seems like a good idea to me.
"Secretly I think Joe is an evil genius."
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 5:36pm | Report
This suggestion would not prevent trolling though. We can't really prevent it at all.
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 5:40am | Report
I still don't understand why there is a need to make an entirely new rank just to give people the power to verify elo. As aforementioned, anyone who wants to be verified can simply PM a vet/mod/admin.

Perhaps there should be a thread in the competitive forums that people can post in to get verified? This thread would need to be linked on the verify page that people land on when they try and get verified.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 9:37am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Perhaps there should be a thread in the competitive forums that people can post in to get verified? This thread would need to be linked on the verify page that people land on when they try and get verified.

I like this idea (since I already thought of it anyways, although my thread didn't receive much traffic lol). I don't think there needs to be another rank though, a lot of vets already do it at some point. I verified Percy yesterday when the chat was completely empty, for example.

I mean why fix what isn't broken o_o

Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 4:06pm | Report
Barbj, don't call me out on something like that because you're on my friends list and you haven't even pmed me once saying someone needed verify so yeah don't complain about me being "permaafk". It's not my life to stay in MOBAFire chat room and verify elos, I have other things to do like homework.

Anyways, just learn to pm. If you really want your elo verified that bad, they will also try to pm via MOBAFire.com. It's not hard to pm me or another vet saying "hey can you add me online around xx time to verify my elo?" btw I might have been missing some friend requests because my list is full but that's fixed now and that's my fault there.

Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 4:26pm | Report
I see people coming in the EUW chat all the time asking to get verified and they almost always get ignored even though I know there are people around that can do it.
Maybe this isn't such a bad idea.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide