Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Advice needed: Am I ready to start normals?

Creator: sheepskin August 23, 2012 6:26pm
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 8:06pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

All you have to do is look at my dad or my sister,

OMG PARENTS PLAYING LOL

My parents = games are a waste of time and you'll regret playing them when you grow up
:<<<

Anyways I'd say just go on to normals. You need to get into "society" one day. :3
fireleopard23
<Member>
fireleopard23's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 9:08pm | Report
I was the same way back around level 15 to 20 and I regret not getting into normal games earlier. You'll win some and lose some but more importantly you'll learn more in one pvp game than ten bot games (usually). Nowadays, I only use bots as a practice for champions I haven't played before or to try out unusual builds/jungle builds. Just do it, as long as it's not ranked, wins and losses don't really matter. But the experience does.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 10:49pm | Report
Sheep: You are probably getting kicked/banned because you're not level 30 yet. Best way to get around that is host one yourself, titled something like, "ARAM ALL WELCOME" or "ARAM 20+". Playing normals is fine, it's just I find I beat myself up for losing a normal as opposed to playing an ARAM, and to be honest, ARAMs are a tonne more fun for me :)

As Nick said, try joining the MobaFire chat room and asking peeps for a game ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by owentheawesomer ♡
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 10:52pm | Report
We learn from our failures, not our successes.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 10:57pm | Report
You should've started them a long time ago. :P
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 10:58pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

You should've started them a long time ago. :P

This guy knows what's up!
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 2:48pm | Report
Bro You just gotta go man-mode and play normals. It'll make a man out of you. If you need to then listen to this song to psych you up for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW7qcakYyDw

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
sheepskin
<Member>
sheepskin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 7:15pm | Report
LOL! Thanks for the advice and support. And I agree, I need to just man up. I will be diving headfirst into normals starting tomorrow. If anyone wants to play/mentor, my summoner ID is VC sheepskin. Feel free to add me!

Again, the input has been appreciated (and humorous!) Haha!
"You have proven a worthy foe, I shall sing a dirge in your honor and wear your skin with pride"
tweeboy2
<Member>
tweeboy2's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 7:55pm | Report
I was in your position. I think I got up to level 22? On solely bot games. Just make the switch and don't expect any AMAZINGNESS for the first few games. You just need to make the adaption from bots to players. The AI for the most part act the same; every player has a different play style. It's up to you to discover how to use their play style to your advantage.
c4master
<Member>
c4master's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2012 12:00pm | Report
I started playing normal about half to a whole month ago (somwehre in between I think). It can be real scary when you start out, but enter and hope for the best.

Some things you might wanna do as first timer:
- If you're not sure which champion you should play, then at champ selection call out who you are good with (and actually want to play with). Most likely someone will tell you which champion will add the most to the team based on other ppl's picks.
- Try playing not too agressive. Unlike bots, ppl will punish you if you overextend. If you die a lot you'll feed the enemy exp and gold, and your team will hurt. Maybe you'll lose a kill by staying back further than in bot games, but you'll have less chance of getting scolded by teammates if you miss a kill then if you die a lot. Once you start playing more fights you can switch to a more agressive playstyle if it suits you more. First battle(s) are just meant to give you the confidence you're good enough to join the fray.
- In most lower matches I feel like most games aren't won/lost by one sucky player who feeds, but by one or two players who have way higher skill then the rest. In my first match I kinda held my own, but our jungler (Nocturne) kicked *** so badly, the enemy surrendered very quickly. If you're lucky, the really awesome player(s) will be on your side, if you're unlucky he's/they're on the enemy's side. Bottom line: just gotta be lucky with your teammates.

Don't expect to be the one to lead your team to victory the first game, but just try to get by and hope your team does well. While getting by, try to learn the metagame and slowly become better and a real menace in pvp. Since you've played multiple online games in the past, I'm sure you'll make it. Just don't give up after losing a few games.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide