Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Another "I answer everything" thread.

Creator: throatslasher July 9, 2013 2:51pm
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2013 4:55pm | Report
Maxing E is super sexy on Shen but most of the time you need W.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2013 8:55pm | Report
1- What are the most important game mechanics you need to learn in order to step your game up?

2- I'm trying to learn how to successfully stutter-step with adc, yet I can never keep it up long enough. I always either end up canceling the AA or not take a step at all after an AA. Any advice? Is there a certain rhythm?

Thanks in advance.
Kauta
<Member>
Kauta's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2013 1:29pm | Report
I've been playing League for a few months now and I recently hit level 30, have a low champion pool and only play Zed, Volibear, and Ashe. I feel uncomfortable with the fact I should start playing some ranked matches soon. but the thing is, I don't know when or how to start. a PM would be nice, thank you! (:
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2013 1:36pm | Report
"1- What are the most important game mechanics you need to learn in order to step your game up?

2- I'm trying to learn how to successfully stutter-step with adc, yet I can never keep it up long enough. I always either end up canceling the AA or not take a step at all after an AA. Any advice? Is there a certain rhythm?"

1. Cs'ing and trading

2. Practice, watch high level adc's play. You have to adjust your timing every time you get a boost to your attack speed, whether you buy an item or you get a few levels. It's more intuition, and you need to practice it to develop your intuition. Eventually, it will be something you do without thinking about it. I do it a lot on mages like annie and ryze.

"I've been playing League for a few months now and I recently hit level 30, have a low champion pool and only play Zed, Volibear, and Ashe. I feel uncomfortable with the fact I should start playing some ranked matches soon. but the thing is, I don't know when or how to start. a PM would be nice, thank you! (:"

Too bad. Your runes probably aren't up to snuff, I'll check them out later. The only way to really tell if you're ready is to actually play your games, but that can be risky. My best advice is find a really nice silver kid that doesn't mind and play a couple of games on their account. If you get stomped, you're not ready. Even? maybe ready. Kick ***? ready.

Other than that, there's no way to necessarily tell unless you're *****tomping kids all day long in normals and they have decent divisions (silver/gold) which you can check as the game is loading on lolnexus.com
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 23, 2013 8:56am | Report
hey throat, how exactly do you carry games?
I admit, I'm a bad player, probably don't even deserve silver but there have been many times in which I've done very well in lane, out csed their opponent, took their tower, roamed around, helped my team secure objectives, played my role in teamfights perfectly.. yet still lost.
I can't seem to win the game alone, which means I have to rely on my teammates to do something I am unable to. If I'm the initiator, I have to rely on my teammates to keep the ADC and APC safe, then I have to rely on the carries to do enough damage to win us the teamfight.
If I am an assasin, and make taking out their most fed member my priority, then I have to either rely on the enemy team making a mistake or my own team providing me an opportunity to do that(I.e a malp diving in to the enemy team with his ult, In the time frame while enemies are knocked up I can take out their carry) But then, how am I to make sure that my team didn't get obliterated while I was killing their carry? Maybe while me and malp were on their carries, our own carries got out of position and died- and I was in no position to help them.
If I'm a fed apc or adc I have to rely on my team to keep me safe because I know I have to do enough damage for us to win the teamfight.. But relying on my team isn't always an option.

Ofcourse, half of the times it's my team that gets the good players. What I'm asking is how do I turn games in which my team has an obvious disadvantage around?

tl;dr: How do I win games in which I have to rely on under skilled players to provide me with the conditions to win?
Thanks to Koksei for the sig!
throatslasher
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 23, 2013 10:50am | Report
"I can't seem to win the game alone"

Play hyper carries. Doesn't matter how fed you get with darius, you can still get kited easily.
Play **** like ryze and other champs that you can 1v3 with. Pick a tank shredder/burster, etc.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 23, 2013 12:05pm | Report
1.is it still realistic to get two fully stacked tears in one game as ryze?
2.when should you have your first full tear in an average game as ryze?
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
throatslasher
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 23, 2013 2:31pm | Report
Shut up, master.

I wouldn't piss on your gums if your teeth were on fire, LET ALONE give you Ryze advice.

Delete your guides, all of them, and then we can talk.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 23, 2013 3:51pm | Report
you might have to talk to lasty about this because its about jungling but would leveling W to level 3 and then maxing E after be best on sejuani? as of right now im maxing W first and then E second but is going three levels in W enough damage to clear camps?

also same question except for nautilus, three in W then max E good enough?

im thinking about this for the better slows and it feels like its good enough but i havnt tried it (i might later today on sej)

also leona is going to be my next support im buying do you have any tips on her? generally i know when to go in and start fights due to using naut and sej in 90% of my games for the past two months but is there anything about leona i should know that i probably dont know
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
throatslasher
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2013 1:55pm | Report
I max w on nautilus always. It's more versatile than E. Neither of us play Sej. For leona, hit your spells. Missing a single ultimate is not acceptable ever.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide