Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Another "I answer everything" thread.

Creator: throatslasher July 9, 2013 2:51pm
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2013 7:56pm | Report
I'm assuming the 12 goes to spell vamp?

Do you need the spell vamp for the clear?
grrg
<Member>
grrg's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2013 11:27pm | Report

@GRRG
Just know who's strong and play them. You can theory craft matchups, like builds and skill order, but matchup knowledge is most important, assuming you have competent mechanics. I like to use the example of my ryze vs old kha'zix/diana, I've run those lanes a hundred times and I knew them like the back of my hand.

So refer to your tier guide and play the top 1-2 tiers?
EXDKain212
<Inhouse Addict>
EXDKain212's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2013 3:58am | Report
Thinking about picking up Evelyn, Lulu, Zac and Sona (In that order).

How would I build Eve? Tanky AP Bruiser or more like a "carry" squishy build?

And, What makes J4 and Zac so high rated by the Koreans? I mean, I know they're good, but I don't know if they're THAT good.

And also, would flask ward pot be an optimal start for Elise?
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2013 11:36am | Report
"I've had a particular question on karthus: what do you think of Liandry's Torment on him?"

I don't prefer it. I prefer to build things that allow me to stay alive and get more spells and dps out, like AA and ROA and Zhonyas and Abyssal. If you spend 2900 gold on liandry's just to get blown up, seems like it wasn't worth it. If it works for you though, rock on.

"I'm assuming the 12 goes to spell vamp?

Do you need the spell vamp for the clear?"

If you want to clear without using potions or being forced to go one of the spirit items or madreds in deference to dorans blades or other items, it can be useful. Going dblade, 1-2 LS quints and 9-9-12 will allow you to stay relatively high health during your early clears with no additional lifesteal and no potions. It's more for the lifesteal, but the spellvamp is pretty darn good on lee sin in combination with W.

"So refer to your tier guide and play the top 1-2 tiers?"
If you want to play characters that are innately strong as ****, go for it. If you want to play characters on the weaker side, that's your prerogative, but it'll be slightly more difficult to use them effectively. IE, Syndra vs Orianna.

"How would I build Eve? Tanky AP Bruiser or more like a "carry" squishy build?
And, What makes J4 and Zac so high rated by the Koreans? I mean, I know they're good, but I don't know if they're THAT good.
And also, would flask ward pot be an optimal start for Elise?'

Ask C4 Lasty about eve, I know that eve is mostly a jungler right now, but she CAN be played mid in a couple of matchups (vs karthus). Look up DJ lambo who plays a lot of jungle eve in D1/challenger.

J4 and Zac are so strong because they have no weaknesses as an all-around jungler. Fast enough clear, good sustain/tank for early clear, can bypass wards and gank from anywhere, Multiple forms of cc, high teamfight presence, great candidates for aegis, etc. There really is no downside to playing zac or J4, where as other strong junglers have big downsides. Udyr can be kited forever, Amumu is a one and done and can't defend himself from counter junglers, Nunu is a godly jungler/counterjungler/ganker but he lacks teamfight presence, etc.

That start seems all right. I'm not an elise player myself but I've seen several tops build that. I will say that if you don't need the ward, don't buy it (WW jungle)
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2013 2:40am | Report
Hey Throat. I'm currently a Gold I player looking to climb to Platinum in the next 10-15 days. What are your suggestions? I've resorted back to my comfort champions of 2+ years of experience ( Shen, Jax, Jarvan IV). I main top lane 95% of my games.

Would you be willing at all to spectate a game of mine?
throatslasher
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2013 10:42am | Report
What are your shen runes, masteries, and item build?
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2013 11:47am | Report
At the moment I have 21/9/0 (that I wasn't aware I even had set up).
For runes I am running Magic Pen. in marks, flat Armor in seals, scaling or flat Magic Resist in Glyphs and Flat AP Quintessences.

Recently I have been rushing Sunfire Aegis with a Blade of the Ruined King, although the posts from this thread have made me decide to return to Wit's End instead. I am aware that 21/9/0 probably will only work in Gold and below and I will have to switch it to 9/21/0 soon, but at the moment it's been working extremely well so I have no reason to change it.

A typical build of mine would be Mercury's Treads with the homeguard enchantment, Sunfire Aegis, Blade of the Ruined King or Wit's End, Randuin's Omen, Spirit Visage, and then finishing it with either a Frozen Mallet or Warmog's Armor or Thornmail.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2013 1:59pm | Report
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
throatslasher
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2013 2:27pm | Report
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2013 10:12pm | Report
i disagree with never maxing e 2nd. in lanes where you arent needing to use w at all because u are bullying them super hard with q, maxing e for the lower cooldown so its up multiple times in fights, or for added burst and aoe damage (especially with ur mpen setup) it can be more useful then w.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide