Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Getting in to the Jungling thing

Creator: Johnnybb August 23, 2011 6:25am
1 2
Johnnybb
<Member>
Johnnybb's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2011 6:25am | Report
So I want to try Jungling and I would like to know if anyone has a good idea for a champion to get into it with?
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2011 10:19am | Report
Warwick
Nunu & Willump

Ultra safe junglers. Good to start with if you don't have runes yet. Start with twin golems and just approach the jungle very cautiously, if you don't think you can defeat a camp with your current health just don't do it. There isn't much pressure on junglers at low levels to perform exceptionally, so just take it easy.
Vaellen
<Member>
Vaellen's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2011 10:27am | Report
Warwick is amazing.

Start with Cloth Armor 5 HP Potions and then progress to Madred's Razors and then Bloodrazor. Don't start at blue buff if you don't have any runes. Go for small golems.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2011 1:08am | Report
I suggest reading these guides, and go from there:

Who should I jungle with?

Jungling 101

Jungling 202
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2011 1:13am | Report
Adding to what jhoi said, Stonewall008 is a great jungler resource.
Gives you great rune choices along with routes and mastery setups.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2011 11:02am | Report
well imo oyu should keep your hands off of nunu atm
he is one of the junglerst most difficult to play effectively. killing creeps is real easy with him but that is not your goal with nunu. I would recommend sbd like ww(real safe) chogath(so versatile) and maybe lee sin(dont know about him w/o runes and masteries tho)
if you already have some masteries and runes (armor yellow, arP red) then you can prolly play all of the commonly used junglers eg trundle nocturne olaf ww nunu amumu(probably^^) chogath etc
just play champs in free week and go for the sustained or the superior route
on most junglers the superiour route starting at wolves works gr8 (wolves wraiths golems recall blue wolves wraiths red golems).
i hope that helped you out
greez sam
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
STRYKER29
<Member>
STRYKER29's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2011 7:55pm | Report
Contrary to the above statement, I feel that Nunu is a very viable jungler for those at low levels with little to no masteries or runes (although runes should not be bought until tier 3 runes are available).

The reason Nunu is so good is that his stats, along with his Consume, allow for him to make quick work of the jungle when used along with Smite.

I personally prefer to move on to other more aggressive junglers once I begin to build up my masteries, but which ones depends solely on your playstyle and what works for you. Personally I prefer Warwick and Xin Zhao, but again they work for me and how I play and may not be suitable for you.

My advice is to just play around with the champs that are shown in the guides posted by jhoijhoi and get a feel for which ones work for you.

I also strongly suggest watching Stonewall's videos. HOWEVER, realize that some of his videos are of him jungling with every champion whether they are viable junglers or not. Be aware that just because he has a video of himself jungling with them does not mean that they should be played as junglers.
Many an opportunity is lost because a man is out looking for four-leaf clovers. ~Author Unknown

When I was young, I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. So I did ten times more work. ~George Bernard Shaw
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2011 8:03pm | Report
^^Agreed. If the time is under 4 min, 50 seconds and the runes/masteries fit with their skillset, they're probably viable.
JDxD
<Member>
JDxD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 2:21am | Report
Johnnybb wrote:

So I want to try Jungling and I would like to know if anyone has a good idea for a champion to get into it with?

My quick mini-guide for early Warwick Jungle:
*THIS ASSUMES: 1. You have no runes. 2. Little or no masteries.

I struggled to jungle viably with Warwick at lower levels, by that I mean, I struggled to level fast enough + take Blue Golem fast enough to actually make jungle Warwick worthwhile. So here we go, I'll be interested to see what others think.

Summoner Spells: Smite (obviously), Flash or Ghost
*Flash is good for ganks ie. Flash into Ulti range, also if someone tries to counter jungle you, you can flash over the jungle wall to escape.

Items:
Cloth Armor 3 - 5 hp pots. I usually take 4, I like that extra 35g.

Jungle Order/How to approach each camp *MOST IMPORTANT TO INCREASING EFFECTIVENESS*:
Take a skill point in 'W' for increased attack speed.
- Start at Blue Golems and use basic attacks. Press 'W' after 3 hits on the first Golem for most effective lifesteal. Use 1 health pot. * DO NOT USE SMITE *

- Proceed to Wraiths, use your SAVED smite on the blue wraith at the back. Auto-Attack the rest (health pot or 'W' if you need)

Skill up your 'Q' for now. You need it for the Blue Golem.

- Move onto the wolves, use 'W'. Try not to use a health pot, * Do not use 'Q' * You need to conserve mana for the Blue Golem.

- Okay, you've made it. Blue Golem now.
This is the most effective way I've found to kill it with no runes, little masteries and at this level:
Auto-Attack the little guys next to the Blue Golem, DO NOT USE 'W'. While auto-attacking the little guys however, DO USE 'Q' ***ON THE BLUE GOLEM*** This way you are damaging the blue and getting the hp back you're losing, also be using you're last 2 health pots consecutively.
Once you're done with the two minions in front of it. Attack the BLUE GOLEM 3 times then use 'W'. Once it gets to low health, SMITE.
CHA-CHING! BLUE BUFF!
From here go jungle until you have enough gold for Madred's Razor.

Enjoy the game.

I know it's short, but doing that ensures Warwick's viability as a Jungler at early levels. Good luck!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 12:46pm | Report
That's actually a really informative jungle route for lack of runes and such. +rep, man.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide