Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Need Vlad Master

Creator: MetallicaFreak March 20, 2011 9:40am
18 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
MetallicaFreak
<Member>
MetallicaFreak's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2011 9:40am | Report
Ive only been playing Vladimir a short time and I know you are not good with a champion instantly,but I feel like I should be doing better with Vlad then I am. I've seen some great ones out there and so I am asking for your help on how to build/play vlad to make him tanky as well as put out some nice dmg. I usually play 3v3 and build him 9/0/21. I start with a Amp tomb then build shoes and soul stealer from there I try and get death cap and then pending on the situation ill go from there. But some tips on early game and the combos i shoudl be usuing would help. I try and harass with Q, but im not sure with what to do against champs like Caitlyn who have a farther reach then I do. Any advice would be helpful except things like LTP and your a noob you cant play Vlad. Thx for the help.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2011 11:03pm | Report
First of all please don't rush a Mejai's unless you are doing VERY well and know you can ensure you will get more kills. I also don't like rushing deathcap. I almost always rush Rylai's (AP AND health) because it lets you chase with your Q and gank better because of it. Then after that I would get mejai's or deathcap depending on how you're doing. If you are doing bad you could also get a Hextech Revolver to make you more survivable / surprising health return.

I consider myself a good Vlad player (maybe not a master because I don't really play ranked) but I usually play 5v5's and have only played Vlad on TT a few times. You can still add me if you want though I will be pretty busy most of this week. Ingame name is Mowen.

Make sure you read the top Vlad guide.

For champs with longer range than you you might want to try starting with boots and health pots to actually be able to get in range and hit them with your Q. Being faster is awesome! ^.^

My typical build:
Sorcerer's Shoes >> Rylai's Crystal Scepter >> Rabadon's Deathcap >> Zhonya's Hourglass >> insert situational items here. :)

I hope this helps!
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
MetallicaFreak
<Member>
MetallicaFreak's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2011 5:41am | Report
Thanks for the tips I will definetly have to try them out I did try Hextech yesterday and it acutally does return quite a bit of health. I did better but maybe its not so much what I'm building its still more of learning the champ and what he is capable of.
Xandriah
<Member>
Xandriah's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2011 2:14pm | Report
i was about to post the same thing, and this response helped a ton. thank you

signature courtesy of scrax
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2011 2:34pm | Report
I'll just put this here for anyone who checks out this thread :)

if you are on US servers, add me: wRAthoFVuLcAn

I can address any further questions you may have, but here we go:

as for masteries, I go 9-0-21, and for runes, I get cooldown glyphs, magic pen marks, and HP seals and quints.

Build him AP, he deals a ton of damage and still is slightly tanky.

This is how I build him:

With these items, you get CDR so you can constantly spam your Q, will of anc. and spir visage give you more self-healing, so you can heal up REALLY quick with your Q, deathcap gives you more AP with Mejai's, and rylai gives you more AP, HP, and slows enemies every time you Q them.

Try it out, and post how you did ^_^

:)

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Xandriah
<Member>
Xandriah's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2011 4:51pm | Report
i would have never even thought about the visage. sweet, im going to try this as soon as i get the chance.

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2011 5:18pm | Report
note: visage doesn't give you more self-healing, but it does give more HP regen, CDR, and is cheap

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Xandriah
<Member>
Xandriah's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2011 4:56pm | Report
i die waaay too much in the start :( im playing defensively but i just go squish. any suggestions?

Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2011 9:06pm | Report
Xandriah wrote:

i die waaay too much in the start :( im playing defensively but i just go squish. any suggestions?

Which runes do you use? Using health quints could help. If you start with an Amplifying Tome it will give you a little more base health. Or if you start with Boots and 3 health pots you will be able to dodge the enemy better and still have health pots for health regen.

What I try to do is just focus on last hitting with my Q (and auto attack of course) until lvl 5 and then I can start harassing the enemy because it's on a short enough cd.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2011 10:01pm | Report
exactly what Mowen said. look at what I said up top for the runes. tome gives you AP and HP with your passive early game, great item to grab. Just remember, Q Q Q Q. Later game I get it to like less than a second CD and like...a lot of damage and heals.

So yea.

=D

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide