Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Nocturne Jungle at Low Level

Creator: iNspiRe21 July 20, 2011 1:41pm
1 2
iNspiRe21
<Member>
iNspiRe21's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 1:41pm | Report
Hey guys. I've started seeing more tanks recently for some weird reason, so I've gotten to use other champs besides Amumu lately. I've always really liked Nocturne and wanted to be reasonably good with him, but I'm struggling.

Most guides out there will feature nocturne as a jungler. This is totally fine with me, but I can't seem to jungle effectively. I've tried the Blue to Red normalish route, and that didn't work so hot, as I would die to golum at level one. I've been reading about a pretty cool route where you start wolves>Wraiths (smite)>Double Golum>BP>Blue to Red normal route with the option to smite steal the opposing jungles wraith. I've had more success here, but I can't make the whole route as I have to BP before double golum due to low HP and Come out of Blue with extremely low health, so I generally have to BP again, making the route really slow. I have tried with both Armor +health pots and the lifesteal scythe (sorry, can't remember the name of the item) running with smite/flash.

I'm under level 20, so I have yet to buy runes (I've been told it's a waste before that point in time), and my mastery tree isn't yet filled out.

Is there a way to jungle with Nocturne before you get a good rune page going, and prehaps fill out your mastery tree? It's been so frustrating I've taken to the lane, and Anivia is on free week this week, so that's been a ***** (I usually take her lane as most people will just die to her combo because they don't get out of the way of the SS). Am I better off just forgetting I purchased Noct until I hit 30?

**Also, this may seem like a really dumb ****ing question, but I can't get his ultimate to work. I can toggle it and have the map go dark, but I can't get him to leap onto an enemy champ like it's supposed to, it just darkens the map. T.T

Thanks, yo. Peace ^^
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 1:59pm | Report
It is very difficult to jungle without runes and masteries full, I would recommend waiting until 30.

If you must though, not Noc, since he is very dependent on runes and masteries, he can die quickly jungling without...try Warwick or Trundle, they are easier junglers.

Also, get someone to leash blue for you too, you will take less damage so it will be easier for you to get the buff without the risk of death.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
iNspiRe21
<Member>
iNspiRe21's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 2:06pm | Report
Can Noct do OK in lane, then? I've been having a hell of a time, but like I said, I've been taking Anivia's lane to stop our team from feeding her.
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 3:14pm | Report
ya lane nocturne does fine, you just have to build him differently. But why would you go mid with nocturne anyway?
iNspiRe21
<Member>
iNspiRe21's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 4:07pm | Report
iNspiRe21 wrote:

to stop our team from feeding her.

In low level play, very few people know what they're doing. Most will walk right into that Skill Shot and die very quickly. I'd rather switch lanes with a guy and get 0 CS than feed their Anivia, because she'll snowbal the game real quick (no pun intended)
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 5:05pm | Report
Don't do that.

Better YOU get fed yourself so you can carry your team.

Fed Noct can easily kill a fed Aniv.

Spellshield her stun and gg

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 5:19pm | Report
I play Nocturne a LOT, so I hope I can help you here!

I myself use the sustained route you mentioned that starts at wolves/wraiths (which is THE best for Nocturne, hands down). Sometimes, it might be much safer for you to go Wraiths > Wolves > Golems at early levels, but it's better speed wise to start at wolves. I wouldn't recommend the blue route at all, but it might be safer if you get a heavy pull.

I don't know what level you are, but when you hit level 20, buy flat armour yellows. They help your jungle so much it isn't even funny. They're brilliant. You might also want to experiment with points in the defensive tree, that usually helps at a lower level, especially the armour ones! Remember, you can always test stuff in custom games with just you in the game, it takes about 1m to test a jungle - and it's MUCH better than dying in a real match! Not going to lie though, runes/masteries make a HUGE difference. As Noc, I usually finish that route with roughly 40-50% health left with a Vampiric Sceptre.

Nocturne can actually lane decently, he's not all THAT great though, and when I myself (and many others) rate Nocturne as a tier 1 jungler, there's no reason to lane with him! It's wasted potential!

For his R, you press it to make the map go dark, then press it again and use it like any other spell and target an enemy player for the dive!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 6:03pm | Report
+rep to Xenasis for the ult explanation.

Also, OP should have a look at Xenasis' Jungling 101 Guide. A lot of good stuff in there for any strugling jungler.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
iNspiRe21
<Member>
iNspiRe21's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2011 1:06am | Report
Thank you Xenasis, very informative ^^. + rep

Also, is it really better to let your team feed someone? This seems a bit counter intuitive to me. Does this apply to all situations, or just this one? Idealy, no one will feed anyone, but if someone is having a lot of trouble in a lane, is it always better to just let them struggle instead of switching up with them?
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2011 8:55am | Report
iNspiRe21 wrote:

Thank you Xenasis, very informative ^^. + rep

Also, is it really better to let your team feed someone? This seems a bit counter intuitive to me. Does this apply to all situations, or just this one? Idealy, no one will feed anyone, but if someone is having a lot of trouble in a lane, is it always better to just let them struggle instead of switching up with them?

Nope - ALWAYS swap if someone's struggling, but to be honest, it might just be easier to gank them and let them stay there, or take over while they go back to base.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide