Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Noob needs help.

Creator: SiiKaMoRe August 24, 2013 3:55pm
SiiKaMoRe
<Member>
SiiKaMoRe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2013 3:55pm | Report
Hi, I'm SiiKaMoRe

I'm primarily a competitive FPS player but my cousin had me download LoL and I haven't played xbox since.
I need some insight on Zed like what to build off first. I like going mid by myself and using E. Then I level W and slay minions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated:)
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2013 3:58pm | Report
Yeah, you can look up guides for Zed her on Mobafire. They offer a decent view on what to buy and how to play him.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/champion/zed-107

Good Luck ~
Thanks to Ubnoxius for this sig!
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 10:45pm | Report
Blade of the Ruined King is a really strong first big item on Zed. If you use its active while Death Mark is on your target, you get to deal a large chunk of their maximum HP easily.

The Brutalizer is a really good early item on Zed. AD, CDR, and ArPen are all stats you like.

From here, your build is probably going to be situational. You've got to build based on what you need in the game. If you're not dying, build more damage; upgrading your Brutalizer or building large AD items like Bloodthirster would be good ideas. If you're taking a lot of damage and dying before you can get all your damage off, you need to build tankier (probably). Items like Warmog's Armor and Guardian Angel are good choices, most of the time.

It sounds like you're very new, though, so don't worry too much about what's "optimal" or not. Just build stuff (but not Ability Power items on Zed) and figure out what you like. The rest will come later, as you've got more experience.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 11:19pm | Report
The Zed guides on MOBAFire suck.

Lane:
Mid

Masteries:
21/9/0

Runes:
AD Marks
Armor Seals
Magic Resist Glyphs
AD Quints

Skilling Order:
R>Q>E>W with a level in Q, W, and E at level 3.

Build:
Start: Elixir of Fortitude + 3 Health Potions
Early game: Aim to rush Blade of the Ruined King. Most times you can't so Bilgewater Cutlass + The Brutalizer works well. Also get Boots. You can build Boots into Ionian Boots of Lucidity, Mercury Treads, Ninja Tabi, or Mobility Boots
Then: Blade of the Ruined King, Black Cleaver, Last Whisper
Finish with: Sword of the Divine and Guardian Angel
Full Build: Blade of the Ruined King, Ionian Boots of Lucidity, Black Cleaver, Last Whisper, Sword of the Divine, Guardian Angel.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 11:39pm | Report
^Armor Pen marks are good too

edit: Get a crit mark if you want 8D

Starting Elixir of Fortitude is risky. Usually Doran's Shield, Doran's Blade, or Long Sword + 2 Pots is safer and doesn't put you behind if things get rough. Rejuvenation Bead start is viable as well.

Build The Brutalizer if they aren't buying Seeker's Armguard or armor, since it's more effective against low armor targets. A Blade of the Ruined King helps you a lot more than The Brutalizer when they have ~100 or more armor.

If they're stacking a billion armor rush a Last Whisper instead of Blade of the Ruined King. If you need the slow buy Bilgewater Cutlass first.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide