Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

UNDERSTANDING CHAMPION ROLES TANKS? AD? AP?...

Creator: JEFFY40HANDS August 6, 2011 11:05am
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2011 4:47pm | Report
And also every spell applies spellvamp until there stand, that it applies on-hit, then it applies lifesteal.
He is gonna kill you!!!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2011 9:00pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

And also every spell applies spellvamp until there stand, that it applies on-hit, then it applies lifesteal.

Either I'm misunderstanding you or that's not totally true. You could say that Mark of the Assassin applies on-hit, but it uses spellvamp, not lifesteal. Impure Shots and Nether Blade are on-hit and don't apply lifesteal either.

Damage from autoattacks=lifesteal
Magic damage from spells=spellvamp

And I believe (not entirely sure) that physical damage spells do not apply lifesteal effects. Similarly, magic damage on-hit procs like Bio-Arcane Barrage do not apply spellvamp (Though I think Toxic Shot does....).
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2011 10:57pm | Report
No.

You are confused.

First of all Impure shots isn't anything on hit, it adds AS and the magic damage is not really a spell, just a passive.

Same with Nether Blade, it just modifies your attack, the bonus damage from both of those spells would be spell vamp but the normal attack lifesteal.

If a spell SAYS it APPLIES ON-HIT EFFECTS than it uses life steal...

A spell has to SAY IT IS PHYSICAL DAMAGE to use lifesteal, that is different from it SCALING with AD

For instance, Parrrley SAYS IT APPLIES ON HIT EFFECTS, so even tho it is a spell it would use lifesteal, not vamp.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2011 11:16pm | Report
Double up also applies on-hit effects on both of it's hits. I'm unsure if it counts for 2 attacks for the purposes of Rageblade or SotD though.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2011 11:17pm | Report

No.

You are confused.

First of all Impure shots isn't anything on hit, it adds AS and the magic damage is not really a spell, just a passive.

Same with Nether Blade, it just modifies your attack, the bonus damage from both of those spells would be spell vamp but the normal attack lifesteal.

If a spell SAYS it APPLIES ON-HIT EFFECTS than it uses life steal...

Okay, I did misunderstand the meaning of on-hit effect. I thought he meant the spell was on-hit, not that it applied on-hit effects. :S

Quoted:
A spell has to SAY IT IS PHYSICAL DAMAGE to use lifesteal, that is different from it SCALING with AD

I do know that particular difference. Though I'm pretty sure only on-hit applying spells like Parrrley apply lifesteal, but not other physical spells like Dragon Strike.
[/quote]
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2011 11:30pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

I do know that particular difference. Though I'm pretty sure only on-hit applying spells like Parrrley apply lifesteal, but not other physical spells like Dragon Strike.

Only spells that apply on-hits will do life steal. Physical damage like Dragon Strike will not. It will go off of spell vamp.
True love is found only in yourself.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2011 11:32pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

It will go off of spell vamp.

WHAT?? That's news to me.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2011 11:36pm | Report
It's weird but, that's how it works I think. I know smite works off spell vamp. It's fun to be Lee Sin and heal a ton of damage off a camp because I know how to manage smite.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2011 11:40pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

It's weird but, that's how it works I think. I know smite works off spell vamp. It's fun to be Lee Sin and heal a ton of damage off a camp because I know how to manage smite.

Which is why one of the reasons that Mordekaiser had a bug, where if you hit one of his abilities and immediately smited, you would get like 150 extra shield :S, his passive is actually modified spell vamp.
Tri lane for life.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2011 12:33am | Report
Actually, not sure about physical damage abilities...

I think it's lifesteal but not sure...

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide