Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

2016 Season Update - Champion Mastery,...

Creator: Wayne3100 November 4, 2015 10:30am
1 2 3 4 5
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2015 3:10am | Report
I think for solo queue, aside from having a number of must-bans, champion diversity has been great as well.
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2015 4:01am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
I think they should've done this in waves: new identity first, new items later. It's already hard to balance around these champs new identities, but doing that at the same time as having to balance items that can affect any ad scaling champ is insane and it'll most definitely seed frustration.

Riot has a very evidential history regarding introducing two changes at the same time and just ****ing **** up. We remember Cinderhulk earlier this year, where not only did they nerf warrior, but they also buffed Cinderhulk greatly as well as buffing the champions that want Cinderhulk. There are numerous other instances which I can't remember off the top of my head that makes me about how it's just so odd how they can't make big changes without making the changes even bigger than they need to be. It's not difficult to buff one thing or nerf one thing and only do that. Buffing and nerfing or buffing and buffing two closely related things simultaneously only serves to **** **** up.

Admittedly though, if Riot wanted to **** **** up, preseason is definitely the best time to do it.
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2015 4:47am | Report
Remember folks, it's easier to have to nerf it after launch than buff it.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2015 5:42am | Report
Why?
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2015 5:49am | Report
Why?

I'm just assuming it's because overshooting a buff generally causes a much larger detriment to game health than overshooting a nerf. There's flaws with that rationale, but it's a good General basis to go off. It really depends on the change itself, really (such as jungle item nerfs earlier this season causing a very large outcry and negative impact on the state of the game).
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2015 7:19am | Report
Basically this;

If something is released in an overpowered state, (EX; Ekko), it can be systematically toned down over the next few patches until at a decent level of power. ( Ekko currently considered to be decently powerful, but not overpowered, despite people still crying about his ult.)

If something is released underpowered (EX; Tahm Kench) Rito has to attempt to buff either dramatically or many small buffs over a few patches like in Tahm's case. Either way can often render a champion overpowered, such in the case of Tahm. Tahm's kit was volatile to buffs because of the power his W already possessed, and his buffs drove him to be one of the most contested picks in worlds.

Now, both of these things gets the communities panties in a bunch, but the first one is the least "bad". We all mostly expect this out of new champion, item and rework releases by now. The second one has the ability to disappoint us twice; once when the product is released in a poor state, and again if it gets overbuffed and has to be nerfed.
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2015 7:25am | Report
Remember folks, it's easier to have to nerf it after launch than buff it.

I think there is some truth to this. Having something be too strong will encourage more people to try it and they might continue to use it when that thing gets balanced. If something starts off weak, it gains a bad reputation that is difficult to overcome even when it gets strengthened later. I keep thinking of how badly Bard's release was. Even though the folks on the PBE were screaming about how weak he was, Riot went ahead and released a weak version of Bard that gave him a bad reputation. Then, when he was buffed quite a lot a few weeks later, most people didn't give him a second look. It was only after a few pros streamed their Bard play that people grudgingly stopped calling Bard players trolls.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2015 9:42am | Report
I think the current patch is pretty good other than the four or five must-ban-or-we-lose-the-game champions.

I say that at the end of every season, then historically Riot turn everything into a massive cluster**** in preseason and spend the entire next season fixing it before doing it all again.
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide