Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

2016 Season Update - Champion Mastery,...

Creator: Wayne3100 November 4, 2015 10:30am
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2015 1:09am | Report
Here's the thing though. Something's always gonna be ********, no matter what. At least for a while. And if it's not ********, then people will just complain that "It's unplayable, Riot doesn't care about X!"

Which, imo, is a lot worse than a couple of ******** things. The more playable things the better, even if they are a little strong. Obviously not so strong that if you don't pick it, you lose. But strong enough in a way that you can counter it by either good play, like Nidalee and skillshots sorta I guess, or you can counter it through items/your champion. *coughdotadoesthiswellcough*

I mean, ****. If we could have 90% of the roster playable, and in virtually any lane, I'd love it. There's my ideal game. Everyone has something they like about a specific thing, whether it's a mechanic like Syndra's balls, or just an aesthetic like Nautilus' diver/protector thing he's got going on.

And, I know I've said this in at least one other thread, but I love the ADC changes they're making. if they get the numbers right, things have the potential to be pretty damn fun. I mean, other than skill at a champion, I'm pretty sure most people say to themselves, "Who's the strongest AD I can pick that still works on the team..." which isn't really a game decision. It's just "who is stronger overall 9 times out of 10. the changes are gonna make it harder to just say, "okay I'll just pick this one because I'm good at them," because they'll be slightly less synergistic with the team's overall strength.

If you want my gold/low plat examples on this, I can gladly give them you... just tomorrow. :I
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2015 1:39am | Report
I don't think anyone is complaining about the ADC champion reworks, but rather the items that are coming along with it.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2015 1:48am | Report

Also, I remember S2 preseason having Black Cleaver and Warmog's Armor, S5 preaseason shafting junglers and giving birth to the atrocious Warwick with Skirmisher's Sabre and now with S6 bringing a bunch of crazy ADCs, but was there anything that bad with S3 and S4 preseasons?

From what I remember: Spirit of the Elder Lizard as a standard buy even for non junglers in S3/S4 was pretty bs. That item was op as **** on release.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2015 2:46am | Report
League of Cleavers :D.
He is gonna kill you!!!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2015 3:42am | Report
I don't think anyone is complaining about the ADC champion reworks, but rather the items that are coming along with it.

I think almost every ADC change they're making is stupid, actually :P

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2015 3:44am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

I think Caitlyn's is fine. I kind of agree that the rest are dumb.

When I asked for "Bruiser" Graves, I didnt mean an ADC with bruiser stats and a dumb mechanic.
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2015 4:03am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

O-oh. I was mainly hearing people moaning about Death's Dance and things like that, so I clearly wasn;t searching in the right places. That's fair enough though, what you think, as the changes are either pretty extreme ( Graves), or they're underwhelming or ruin the champion's identity ( Quinn). Not to mention the sourness of last time Riot did something like this, juggernauts, is still present.

Well, to speak of what I think of the changes, I think the only change that I'm genuinely really loving are the Caitlyn changes, and there are some others that I think will be pretty fun, namely Graves and Miss Fortune. The rest are just meh to me, and in the case of Corki, incredibly stupid. I really don't care for the items in the slightest. I really do think they're a pain in the *** to get used to and deal with, and if anything is going to tip the ADCs, and probably some bruisers and assassins as well, out of whack, it's the new items.

I think the changes to the ADCs themselves are the most interesting part of the whole preseason.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2015 5:06am | Report
I can agree with the last sentiment, Buddha. I for one (I might be the only one though), hate that they're "forcing" crit builds with ADCs. Well, it's not entirely forced as they just made items that the non crit ADCs (See Kalista, Vayne, Twitch and Ezreal) have crit (or more crit). I felt like those champions relying either on their attack speed and on-hits or Sheen effects gave them idenity over the other ADCs.

Idk Maybe that all sounds stupid. They are giving each ADC an identity outside of items, which is nice, I suppose.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2015 7:29am | Report
They are giving each ADC an identity outside of items, which is nice, I suppose.

I think that's the most important thing in all these changes. Of course, balancing will be a ***** during the preseason but giving each ADC something that makes them unique is great, allows for more flexible team comps and support choices.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2015 8:33am | Report
I think they should've done this in waves: new identity first, new items later. It's already hard to balance around these champs new identities, but doing that at the same time as having to balance items that can affect any ad scaling champ is insane and it'll most definitely seed frustration.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide