Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

C9 Guides: MOBAFire Sponsors Cloud9

Creator: Mowen September 9, 2014 7:26pm
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2014 11:45pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

or you could just click the big "Community" button to see all the forums like you always have been able to do, the only time i ever use the drop down menu for it is to get to blogs

one thing i dont like is that theres a big empty space next to the "watch league" tab (which you can see in astrolias picture) that shifts everything to the side for no real reason, an easy solution is to make the Search button say the word "Search" with the magnifying glass icon to fill up that awkward empty space

i only really use the forum so the home page and everything else i have no comment on

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooow how come I never knew this woooooooowwwwwwww

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2014 12:24am | Report
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Let me address your posts :)

@Ubnoxius, glad you like it!

@IPodPulse, my apologies for the activity log bugs, we've fixed the worst issues but there's still a bit more work to be done with it. More to come!

@OTGBionicArm, could you be more specific about the changes you want reverted? Excluding the activity log on homepage - we're working on that.

@utopus, thanks for the feedback. The Q&A box is not selecting questions well atm, we're working on it. Once we're done, we'll welcome additional feedback, but right now it is having some issues.

@jhoijhoi, thanks! Are you referring to guest guides showing up in the activity feed on the homepage? That'll be fixed shortly :)

@Vynertje, sorry you're disappointed in some of the guides, they are works in progress and you can expect a lot more in the coming weeks!

@astrolia, the issues you pointed out will be fixed soon! Working on it :)

@Bryun, if you guys miss the detailed forum menus, we can consider adding a submenu to list them out? We certainly don't want to diminish the MOBAFire community - we love you guys!!! The old menu was very complex and detailed, but not many people actually used it. Many features went unnoticed because they were buried, it was all a bit overwhelming and cluttered. This updated menu is much more minimalist. It's designed to reduce clutter and make the main features stand out, to try and get users over to those sections, and have them browse deeper from there.

As always, we take all of your feedback in to account, and these changes will continue to evolve. Both the homepage and menu are always a work in progress, you'll see them changing over the coming weeks, so keep the feedback coming!
Foxy Riven
<Editor>
Foxy Riven's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2014 1:12am | Report
Looks good:)

Logo bugged out on my computer though:

I kind of miss the "new guides" next to the rising & highlighted ones, as I like to give (coding) advice to them. I see you have to go to builds & guides - all guides - newest, guiss I'll have to adapt^^. Oh I just saw the newly published once are in the news feed, nice. They show those with less than 5000 characters as well. Shouldn't this be fixed? Just look at this, lol
No more divide between "high" elo & Silver and below?

I also agree that the new guides that have been released look kind of cheap (dividers and ToC look great though!). Not easy to publish all of those at once, but I wish they put a little more effort in there.

"During the laning phase you should let the enemy lane push on you guys. This is due to the fact that Janna cannot win any fights early game. You use shield to mitigate as much damage onto your ADC as possible, but it is likely that you guys will fall a little behind early game due to being forced to last hit under tower. You are basically just trying to survive laning phase without to much damage done, since Janna excels post laning phase.

Guide Top
MID GAME

You are looking to ward the map and peel for your teammates as much as possible. Stick with your ADC as much as possible, as at this point you two should be quite strong together, and should be able to push quite far with your peeling abilities.

Guide Top
TEAMFIGHTS

Your job is to keep everyone on your team alive for as long as possible. You do this by spamming shields, ulting at the optimal time, using Zephyr to peel the enemy melee bruisers off of anyone they are jumping on, and using Howling Gale to hit as many enemy champions as possible, but focusing on using it for peeling the bruisers.
"

Just an example of terrible explanation.

I really hope they'll be reworked soon enough, these guides are advertsing C9 and themselves and this should leave a positive feeling instead of a "I could do better than this" one (WHERE ARE THOSE CHALLENGER TIPS?!). Coding can improve, they should get like, a crash course or something. Or a more advanced template for every chapter.

All and all good improvements, it will look great when you got rid of the bugs:)
(Check out my guides, they're linked to their pictures!)

If I helped you in any way, that +REP is always nice^^
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2014 1:33am | Report
Just a heads up - I have pushed a site patch to fix a pile of issues with the homepage Q&A and homepage activity feed boxes. Still a bit more to do but the bulk of issues there are fixed! A couple other layout fixes went up with this too, but may take a bit for caches to clear. More on the way!

@Foxy Riven, thanks for the feedback! We'll discuss your comments about the guides and see what we can do to improve!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2014 2:06am | Report
Matt wrote:
@Vynertje, sorry you're disappointed in some of the guides, they are works in progress and you can expect a lot more in the coming weeks!

That's not a satisfactory answer. It seems like Mobafire has not learnt from the guest author issues at all. Also, the idea to give people a little bit more incentive to search scouted guides only is great, but now Mobafire added the HUGE FLASHY C9 GUIDE BANNERS AND HEADERS there's absolutely no incentive to click scouted guides anymore.

Expect a full rant soon, you'll all die >:

Also, my guide is fragged, halp pls.
jamespongebob
<Wingman>
jamespongebob's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2014 2:16am | Report
Are you taking about an unpublished guide? Because that happened to me yesterday. It usually goes away. Eventually.
My Guides

Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2014 2:19am | Report
Are you taking about an unpublished guide? Because that happened to me yesterday. It usually goes away. Eventually.

Published:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/a-diamond-guide-to-mastering-the-waves-support-nami-389636
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2014 2:20am | Report
I find these blank spaces rather annoying. Blue space before champion builder and
the profile/tool actions are at the very right end.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2014 2:20am | Report
Matt wrote:
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Let me address your posts :)

@Ubnoxius, glad you like it!

@IPodPulse, my apologies for the activity log bugs, we've fixed the worst issues but there's still a bit more work to be done with it. More to come!

@OTGBionicArm, could you be more specific about the changes you want reverted? Excluding the activity log on homepage - we're working on that.

@utopus, thanks for the feedback. The Q&A box is not selecting questions well atm, we're working on it. Once we're done, we'll welcome additional feedback, but right now it is having some issues.

@jhoijhoi, thanks! Are you referring to guest guides showing up in the activity feed on the homepage? That'll be fixed shortly :)

@astrolia, the issues you pointed out will be fixed soon! Working on it :)

@Bryun, if you guys miss the detailed forum menus, we can consider adding a submenu to list them out? We certainly don't want to diminish the MOBAFire community - we love you guys!!! The old menu was very complex and detailed, but not many people actually used it. Many features went unnoticed because they were buried, it was all a bit overwhelming and cluttered. This updated menu is much more minimalist. It's designed to reduce clutter and make the main features stand out, to try and get users over to those sections, and have them browse deeper from there.

As always, we take all of your feedback in to account, and these changes will continue to evolve. Both the homepage and menu are always a work in progress, you'll see them changing over the coming weeks, so keep the feedback coming!

:^) I'm just glad you're interacting with us again.

astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2014 2:32am | Report
I figured out what's wrong with the question-and-answer's thing - It looks like an inspirational quote generator, but then the questions are like "what is your age" and "guide not English".
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide