Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

C9 Guides: MOBAFire Sponsors Cloud9

Creator: Mowen September 9, 2014 7:26pm
1 2 3 4 5 6
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2014 7:26pm | Report

MOBAFire is proud to announce that we are teaming up with Cloud9 to bring you guides from some of the best players in the competitive League of Legends scene.

You can find C9 guides on their Team Page, on the Front Page, if you search for "Cloud 9" in the Guide Browser, and highlighted in the regular guide listings.

Cloud9 League of Legends is North America’s leading pro-team competing in the NA LCS and now heading to the LCS Worlds for the second time. Featuring three NA championships and countless other victories, Cloud9 aims to bring North America to the world stage.

Cloud9 LoL has the longest running and most consistent roster in LCS to date. The players came together in early 2013 and absolutely powered through the Spring 2013 Challenger league. Once placed into the LCS 2013 Summer Split, the team’s dominance continued and proceeded to win three back-to-back splits since. The team roles are as follows: Hai as mid-lane, Balls as top-lane, Meteos as jungler, Sneaky as ADC and LemonNation running support.

Stick to Mobafire for the best of Cloud9’s champion builds, insights, and guides.

Let's Go Fishing! by C9Hai
Top Lane Dr. Mundo by C9Balls
C9 Meteos' Elise Guide by C9Meteos
Time to (Support) Zilean by C9LemonNation
Pew Pew, Bang Bang by C9Sneaky

The long-awaited search bar has arrived! Simply mouseover the magnifying glass on the menu to search for Champions, Items, Abilities, etc!

In addition to the search bar we've also trimmed down the menu to remove outdated tabs and add a snazzier Create Guide button.

The home page has also received a face lift, adding a non-mouseover search bar and a section dedicated to new C9 guides! This will also get rid of the outdated "eSports builds" section.

There will also be highlighted Q&A's now, to help you guys get your questions answered faster!
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Ubnoxius
<Altruistic Artist>
Ubnoxius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2014 7:29pm | Report
looks kool mang gj boi
Check out my Signature Shop if you want a sig like this | +Rep is nice If I helped you!
IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2014 8:44pm | Report
Oh god what have you done to the website? It is so buggy! The comment system doesn't even show the thread or topic they are commenting on, not to mention if you dare click on a comment it brings you to the error page. I hope this is just you guys still uploading features. Also why in the world would you guys not complete a full build and then release it at once?

Edit: I found out how to fix the comment system you supposedly have to click the box asking to allow comments, from there you have the press next and the previous just for it to work and not get the 404. Admins please make the show comments default. I do not want to manually click a box every time and go through the process above just to read what someone says. Also nice new logo
If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)
Signature Shop!|Tryndamere Guide|Rengar Guide

Med Keizaal? Pruzah frolk tir Keizaal MobaFire Edition fah nahlriimaar ubaak Keizaal Undoro! Ahk saak kogaan wah Emikadon fah daar signature. Frolk tir ek jag het! Find out what I said by clicking here!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2014 8:50pm | Report
Please revert. Please. Keep the C9 guides but revert the other changes. D:
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2014 8:54pm | Report
I don't like having the Q&A in the mobafire front page. Some of the questions asked are kinda silly, and I don't want new viewers getting a bad first impression of mobafire.

Also, congratulations
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2014 9:06pm | Report
Love all the changes except:
- Guest guides (check out the "how to find a gf" one)

Everything else is awesome. Love the search bar, love the highlight on Q&A, love the new layout of the front page. Awesome work guys ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2014 10:12pm | Report
Buh I finally thought they fixed the issues with guest authors never updating their guides and reverting back to the previous system until this happened. These are the cheapest guides ever wtf. Just look at this:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/c9-meteos-khazix-guide-395147

This could've just been a cheat sheet only.
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2014 10:37pm | Report
Hello. You didn't ask for a review from the Fabulous Max shop, but I'm going to review anyway. (Sorry Psi and Trolling.)

What exactly is the "show comments thing supposed to do"? Am I supposed to cycle next/prev to get it to do something? That's no good. The checkbox being there indicates something will happen dynamically. (And that this option will be saved the next time you come to Mobafire.)

Normally when people do a wide bar that spans across the top like that, the elements inside are often aligned to the rest of the page. On Mobafire users are also used to PMs/etc/sub-nav being aligned w/the center grid since it's been like that for years.

(On that note, there's no max-width on images in these forum posts, it appears..)

C9 logo + bg looks dumb.

Large lighter blue box appears when you enter a search term and scroll your mouse down to the results in the dead space between.

Search results aren't handled very well. If I search "Ahri", I am probably looking for the champion. It's odd that you'd suggest the Ahri champ page when I type in the search box, then remove that if I hit enter and get sent to the results page.

Rolling over my PM or sub-menu in the top right creates horizontal scrolling.

I honestly can't tell if the Q+A arrows do anything lol. Maybe I'm clicking too fast or the fade makes it seem slow or something. Idk. Also if a question is from March 2013, it is certainly not "New", so I'm not sure it says "New question". Also having another rotating object is not really smart when you already have one in the top right (the banners).

Dividers should really be removed here. Off balance.

Having the gradient preview text and the "read more" bar gives users the misleading expectation that clicking read more will drop down and give them the whole article.

Comment #s are missing from news posts on the front page. How do people know which news pieces are active?

The Twitter icon in the Community dropdown is incorrect. Twitter no longer endorses the "t" icon due its remarkable similarity to the Tumblr icon. Please see Twitter branding guidelines for more info.

Normally the champ icon + special banner aligned. Now they're not?

Why not let people be able to filter out builds/guides from the activity log?

Anyway I don't care too much to go on further with this.

Rating:

hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2014 11:10pm | Report
I like how the homepage is more simplistic.
What I don't like is that the forums are harder to access now because it only shows the "popular forums". It seems like it's just catered to the guides now and less about the community of MOBAfire. I know you guys get the revenue from the amount of traffic/ads received buuut I feel we contribute to the site.... right?

DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2014 11:27pm | Report
Bryun wrote:
I like how the homepage is more simplistic.
What I don't like is that the forums are harder to access now because it only shows the "popular forums". It seems like it's just catered to the guides now and less about the community of MOBAfire. I know you guys get the revenue from the amount of traffic/ads received buuut I feel we contribute to the site.... right?

or you could just click the big "Community" button to see all the forums like you always have been able to do, the only time i ever use the drop down menu for it is to get to blogs

one thing i dont like is that theres a big empty space next to the "watch league" tab (which you can see in astrolias picture) that shifts everything to the side for no real reason, an easy solution is to make the Search button say the word "Search" with the magnifying glass icon to fill up that awkward empty space

i only really use the forum so the home page and everything else i have no comment on
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide