Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Champ select upgrades incoming

Creator: PsiGuard September 26, 2017 4:04pm
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2017 4:04pm | Report

Source by Riot Sapmagic

Over the next few patches, we’ll be rolling out some quality-of-life changes to make champ select faster and clearer, including some long-requested updates like sorting by mastery points and adding position filters.

7.19 Changes

Filter by position: Role filters (assassin/tank/mage/fighter/marksman/support) are being replaced with position filters (top/jungle/middle/bottom/support). Filtering by a position will show the most commonly played picks in that position from the previous patch. Every champion will show in at least one position, and new ones will pop up a patch after they're released, since the filter needs a patch of play data to figure out where people are playing the champion.

Add Favorites: Right-click champions to add as a favorite by position. Your favorite champions are marked with a special icon and you can sort by favorites to push them to the top of the grid. You can add a champion to your favorites in a certain position even if they normally wouldn't show up when filtering that position.

Sort by Mastery Points: You can now organize your champion grid in descending order of mastery score. This is a quick and easy way to see which champions you're most experienced on at a glance.

Hextech Chest Filter: See champions you haven't earned a Hextech chest with. This filter only applies to unranked queues.

7.20 Changes

Simultaneous Draft Picks: Two players on the same team can once again pick at the same time when the draft calls for two picks. This should speed up the draft and get you into games a minute or two faster.

Look out for these changes in upcoming patches and let us know your opinions in the comments below!
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2017 6:15pm | Report
Riot makes me keen to play League. Can't wait for reforged runes. During next school holidays, I'll be smashing out games :D
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
CactusLeagues
<Member>
CactusLeagues's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2017 10:21am | Report
nice change, good to have a champ just there straight away instead of having to search for them :p
Arcthunder
<Member>
Arcthunder's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2017 3:28pm | Report
Just a general question to throw out here, since someone may know: How does the new Precision Keystone, Press the Attack work? How fast does the AD fall off? Is it still good for champions like Camille, who benefit from the damage received from Fervor of Battle , even though you need to attack only one target?

On a different note, I can't wait for the simultaneous draft picks. It will make getting into a game soooo much faster.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2017 3:35pm | Report
Press the Attack gives double stacks for melee champions, so I expect it'll still be good on a lot of the champions that Fervor was used on. However, there are a lot of other good keystones for melees as well. It could be that the stacking health on the new Grasp is too good to ignore on melees, for example.

We'll have to wait and see which runes are changed before they go live. I expect people will settle on a few "broken" keystones until Riot has time to balance them out.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
Arcthunder
<Member>
Arcthunder's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2017 4:33pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:
Press the Attack gives double stacks for melee champions, so I expect it'll still be good on a lot of the champions that Fervor was used on. However, there are a lot of other good keystones for melees as well. It could be that the stacking health on the new Grasp is too good to ignore on melees, for example.

We'll have to wait and see which runes are changed before they go live. I expect people will settle on a few "broken" keystones until Riot has time to balance them out.

That's true. It would make it great for trades as well, since extended trades make you a dangerous threat. I can see it being good on champions that are tanky, but run Fervor of Battle to make up lost damage. Kinda like Warwick.

I dunno, just wanted to see if someone knew the answer. Thanks Psi!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide