Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Champion Reveal: Kindred, the Eternal Hunters

Creator: Wayne3100 September 15, 2015 11:11am
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2015 4:29pm | Report
I wonder how squishy she'll really be built in game. Her attacks are pretty close range, so it seems like she'll have to get in the middle of the fray. I can see her being built kind of bruiserish with maybe two or three defensive items.

Also, it seems like taking down towers will be a snap, if she can lay her ult down and let her entire team attack a tower with impunity for 4 seconds.
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2015 9:41pm | Report
I was just thinking that this would be the most annoying team ever to go up against:

Top: Yorick
Mid: Kayle
ADC: Kindred
Support: Zilean
Jungle: Tryndamere

All with Guardian Angel and Zhonya's Hourglass. I'm not saying that it would be a *good* team -- just that it would be incredibly annoying.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2015 3:34am | Report
The thing is, that's a team without a good early game. The only real "early game" champ in that comp is Kayle (yorick is good as a sololaner, but deals poorly with ganks at early levels). If you go against a comp with a strong early game and relevant CC, you'll never get to team fights or, if you do, they'll destroy you with the cc in between rotations.

Elise, per example, could single handedly snowball every lane against that team.

Also, it requires EXTREME coordination to not stack revival effects by accident, thus wasting ults. I think it's a fun concept, but in practice it's very had to make it work
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2015 3:49am | Report
A better comp with the same idea would be;

Top: Aatrox
Jungle: Kindred
Mid: Ekko
Bot Lane: Braum/ Tahm Kench and Mordekaiser

While this team lacks hard revives except Aatrox, it has a much more workable early game, a good team fight and likely more annoying kill denial. The team you suggested has only the revive thing going for it, and has abysmal CC and frontline capabilities.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2015 5:03am | Report
"The most annoying team to ever go up against"

THAT TEAM SUCKS *** LET ME IMPROVE IT FOR YOU.

Basically MOBAFire.
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2015 6:11am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
The thing is, that's a team without a good early game. The only real "early game" champ in that comp is Kayle (yorick is good as a sololaner, but deals poorly with ganks at early levels). If you go against a comp with a strong early game and relevant CC, you'll never get to team fights or, if you do, they'll destroy you with the cc in between rotations.

Elise, per example, could single handedly snowball every lane against that team.

Also, it requires EXTREME coordination to not stack revival effects by accident, thus wasting ults. I think it's a fun concept, but in practice it's very had to make it work

You understand that I was half joking, right? I realize that you'd never play that team for real. But it's fun to contemplate the combinations of revives, invulnerabilities, etc. just for fun.

On a more serious note, I can definitely see some genuine duo combinations of Kindred paired with shorter range mages with a lot of AOE whose primary shortcomings are that they have to get in close to the enemy. For example, Kayle could wail away at people for four seconds (probably being cc'd part of the time) and then suddenly ult just as Kindred's ult fades and finish off the enemy team (and healing himself simultaneously. Or, Karthus could sit in the Kindred zone and damage enemies with his aoe and Q. Then, when the Kindred ult drops, he could use a Zhonya's Hourglass to go invulnerable while still doing AOE damage to damage enemies. Then, he could ult and maybe get a penta. It would help to be on voice chat to pull off these kinds of combos, of course.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2015 7:02am | Report
I remember one time in inhouses we went against a Teleport/ Revive Karthus with a Zilean. Pretty sure they had a Yorick too. About 30-40 minutes in, the ****er has Zhonya's Hourglass too.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2015 10:49am | Report
Can we all just agree that DoTA 2 is better? this new champ shoulda just been a support?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2015 11:16am | Report
Toshabi wrote:
Can we all just agree that DoTA 2 is better? this new champ shoulda just been a support?

If Riot made another support it has to continue the trend of no laning presence but high map presence that ultimately equals a confusing mess of a kit.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2015 11:34am | Report

If Riot made another support it has to continue the trend of no laning presence but high map presence that ultimately equals a confusing mess of a kit.

At the rate they're going, you might as well skip the HORRIBLY STUPID MIDDLE PHASE development of LoL and jump onto the DoTA 2 hypetrain. Because we can see LoL trying hard to be more like DoTA with every new patch and champ they throw out. Sides, DoTA 2 has a lot more cooler **** out right now, champ concept wise and misc junk wise that people have been *****ing at Riot for 5 years to add in that they still haven't added in yet (replays, achievements, announcers, ect.)

I MEAN, DOTA 2 HAS A ***********ING RICK AND MORTY ANNOUNCER!

When I graduate from animators school and have evenings back, I'm full timing DoTA JUST because of that announcer pack. That and I miss playing slark.
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide