Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

June Raffle Winners!

Creator: Dash July 5, 2017 2:30pm
1 2
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2017 9:21am | Report
The main point of the prize is to make something fun and exciting that is relevant to the current month (hence the "summer vacation" theme).

I had discussed the prize issue a while ago with the team and this is what we came upon:

If you win and you don't like any of the prizes, we will be happy to give you another one of the same value (so another steam game of the same value, or skin of the same value, heck, if you really want a skin that is the same value as the steam game we will give that to you instead of a steam game). We have actually changed the details of the giveaway this month to say as much, and we will say as much in the email we contact the winners with.

Offering X RP every month would be really boring. We pick a theme and prizes to make it more fun, but in the end what we care about most is that you get a prize you like.

About the top 10 winners thing, I agree with Pure Panphobia. Also, if we did the top spot there would just be that much more argument about whether or not the person really deserved it. It is an automated system and it is not perfect, and we check the activity of the winners to make sure there was no funny business or spamming but we can't everybody every month (please report a member if you suspect they are trying to game the system and we will be happy to look into it). That being said we would also like to hear if you have any suggestions for changes to the point values. We've been monitoring and adjusting them. We changed the community tier list voting to have a cap of 50 this month instead of no cap, since we felt that wasn't really representative of the amount of effort required to get 100 points elsewhere. However, the community tier list only works with enough votes so we would love for people to check up on it every month and cast their votes on champions they have opinions about.

We are aware of the issue of being disheartened when you're a top points earner and don't win anything and are working on a solution. However, it will probably be separate from the raffle and the raffle will stay in place but we might adjust the prizing and such. For instance, this month we are giving away 25 smaller prizes instead of 10 big prizes so that more people have a chance to win something fun.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Lasoor
<Member>
Lasoor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2017 2:08pm | Report
I like the idea of the "raffle" as it gives everyone a chance to get prizes as opposed to just the people who have tons of guides up and no longer even have to try to get the most tickets (vapora and myself). Even though Vapora hasn't won kappa
Swuft
<Fabulous>
Swuft's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2017 6:07pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:
Ayy, lucky man Swuft.

In the flesh! ;)

Congrats to all other raffle winners!
IbnBattuta
<Member>
IbnBattuta's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2017 9:57am | Report
Dash wrote:

Without further ado, here are the June winners from our MOBAFire Monthly Raffle! And as Mowen always quotes "Just remember folks... It's the luck of the draw"

These lucky winners will be receiving their choice of Rime, The Witness, ABZƛ, and Subnautica. Congratulations!!!

Look out for an email from MOBAFire! Whitelist @mobafire.com to be extra sure it doesn't get caught in spam. Emails should be going out tonight / tomorrow.

It seems that I'm one of the lucky winners who won in June Raffle and I don't know how my reaction should be..

It's the first time I've ever won a lottery/raffle and it's.. I don't know.. Maybe, I could say that I don't believe that what happened is true till this moment.

I thank you very much for selecting me and I'm happy for that very much but I can't hide a little question roaming my head?
"Why at last when I was selected as winner in MOBAFire Raffle, the prize is a steam game when the norm is a League related prize?"

I don't say I don't like it but It makes me wanna ROFL.. For Real!
I'm very happy for being selected since I've never owned a Steam game before in my life because I was never able to afford any so winning a game on Steam is a pleasure in itself.

So thanks again and Thanks AGAIN for selecting me <3

Mowen wrote:
The main point of the prize is to make something fun and exciting that is relevant to the current month (hence the "summer vacation" theme).

I had discussed the prize issue a while ago with the team and this is what we came upon:

If you win and you don't like any of the prizes, we will be happy to give you another one of the same value (so another steam game of the same value, or skin of the same value, heck, if you really want a skin that is the same value as the steam game we will give that to you instead of a steam game). We have actually changed the details of the giveaway this month to say as much, and we will say as much in the email we contact the winners with.

So does that mean I can have another prize which worth the same as RiME which is $30 as another Steam Game, Riot Points or a League of Legends Skin?
Plunk
<Member>
Plunk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2017 6:44pm | Report
Hey, so I have as of yet not received my raffle prize. :/
It's been pretty much the full month, and I've gotten adds on steam from the usernames listed in the e-mail I was sent, and I specified a game, but I haven't received anything.
If possible, I'd like to just get some RP instead. Doesn't really matter how much. Just gonna dump it on my side account to get some more champs to play.
If that is acceptable, just send another email to me so I'll know and be able to give you the account name to gift it to unless you just send an RP code.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2017 2:22am | Report
Hey @ Plunk, I'm sorry we didn't get you your prize yet. I'll shoot you an email with some RP codes right now.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide