Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

LeagueSpy BETA: Early Access

Creator: Mowen October 12, 2017 3:32pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2017 12:50pm | Report
Thanks Nameless! Yeah looks like it doesn't quite know what to do when someone has 0 deaths since it's "perfect" KDA (technically), will talk with the devs about what we can do here to balance it out, thank you!
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
Chaotic Version
<Member>
Chaotic Version's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2017 12:54pm | Report
This is my personal experience with LeagueSpy:

First of all, even if I can't say the idea is original , it's very well made.
The insights are VERY good. I tried Mobalytics tool to get better but was very disappointed with it because of the sometimes random info and just wrong answers/tips. I just tried LeagueSpy's insight tool and I must say it's very well made. Like actually verywell made. Being able to compare yourself with higher tiers stats is very helpful. It also automatically compares you with your lane enemy in that specific game and I find it very cool aswell.
However I also noticed some stuff that could be fixed, but please do not roast me if it's just me that can't use the tools properly:

It shows stats for S7 / 7.20 only, it would be cool if there was the option to see the alltime stats for your summoner or champions, and for individual seasons aswell that go before season 7.

The summary stats for my champion aren't accurate / sometimes wrong:
On champions stats, it only shows 6 champions for season7 ranked , the Winrates are not accurate and the games played are 1 for each of them except for my main, who has 2 (i have played around 50-60 ranked this season with him).

I think LeagueSpy has a great potential and once fully released and fixed it would probably be my go-to league of legends too, just like mobafire is my go-to league of legends site.

Keep up the good work!
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2017 1:02pm | Report
@ Chaotic Version thanks so much for the feedback! I'm really glad you're enjoying the insights and find them useful, since we spent a lot of time there to try to make them as useful as possible. :) It's so good to hear they are helping someone!

The issue for not all your games being present is unfortunately not something we can do much about... The Riot API was changed to only pull your past 100 games instead of your total match history, so we can't get any games that were played more than 100 games ago from the point you first update. :( This means that most player's S7 stats will be pretty incomplete, but luckily once S8 begins we can start fresh to have complete season stats for players!

So basically, just keep updating every once in a while and you should have a complete match history going forward in S8. :)

If you still think that any of your data is wrong knowing this feel free to link me to your profile and we'll take a look! What I am guessing is that between your 50-60 ranked games you played normal games, and that's why it doesn't have all your ranked game history. Also, if you play ARAMs or for fun game modes in those past 100 games it basically pushes the other games out of the match history we can grab from the API.
Chaotic Version
<Member>
Chaotic Version's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2017 1:43pm | Report
Mowen wrote:
@ Chaotic Version thanks so much for the feedback! I'm really glad you're enjoying the insights and find them useful, since we spent a lot of time there to try to make them as useful as possible. :) It's so good to hear they are helping someone!

The issue for not all your games being present is unfortunately not something we can do much about... The Riot API was changed to only pull your past 100 games instead of your total match history, so we can't get any games that were played more than 100 games ago from the point you first update. :( This means that most player's S7 stats will be pretty incomplete, but luckily once S8 begins we can start fresh to have complete season stats for players!

So basically, just keep updating every once in a while and you should have a complete match history going forward in S8. :)

If you still think that any of your data is wrong knowing this feel free to link me to your profile and we'll take a look! What I am guessing is that between your 50-60 ranked games you played normal games, and that's why it doesn't have all your ranked game history. Also, if you play ARAMs or for fun game modes in those past 100 games it basically pushes the other games out of the match history we can grab from the API.

Uhh yeah I haven't ranked since august, been playing lots of normals and sometimes ARAMs when my connection isn't optimal. Thanks for the info, I'll fix my profile by myself for S8 :)
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2017 1:47pm | Report
My impressions of LeagueSpy:
It's very much like some of the stats sites but with a few unique differences. I really like the ladder comparing the friends as it's the major unique difference and cool to see everyone's stats are compared to yours. The highlights tool is a weird feature which I don't really get why it's there besides clarity, but you shouldn't need it if the interface is already readable. Some of the stats are hard to understand and took me some time to understand what colors were for what and whose stats belonged to who. Maybe you could add a key to show what the colors represent. The role success bar is a nice stat to look at as many sites don't have this kind of feature.

While it's a cool site to start off, I still don't think I'd use it over op.gg for the following reasons.
  • no live match
  • no solo MMR prediction
  • match history portion is hard to look at
  • UI is kind of clunky, and cluttered
  • colors aren't easy to understand
  • MVP looks to be based solely on KDA
  • Icon reminds me more of a wikipedia page, and is very bland from a graphic design pov
  • mobile app ui is very clunky

While it's a good site for beta, there's nothing that makes me come back from wanting more of a certain feature.

Also, with the whole highlights thing I feel like this would be better for you to just leave out highlights.

EDIT:

PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2017 2:22pm | Report
Thanks for the honest and detailed feedback @ Bryun. Do you think the MMR prediction is a key feature of OPGG for a lot of players? I never used it much but that might be because I don't play solo queue regularly.

Also when you say the match history is difficult to look at, do you just mean the page with the list of matches (when you click the tab) or the individual match pages as well?
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2017 2:58pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:
Thanks for the honest and detailed feedback @ Bryun. Do you think the MMR prediction is a key feature of OPGG for a lot of players? I never used it much but that might be because I don't play solo queue regularly.

Also when you say the match history is difficult to look at, do you just mean the page with the list of matches (when you click the tab) or the individual match pages as well?

Hmmm, it's hard for me to say if a lot of other players use it, but I use it from time to time on smurfs to determine where my mmr is at/if there's a chance I will be able to skip divisions if I pass promotions and whatnot. It's helpful in that aspect but overall it's just a cool stat to look at even though I know it's not 100% accurate. Regarding the match history it's very condensed and monochrome in a way that I can't look at the stats for too long (Maybe change each tab to green and red so it's differentiated from the other games and less of an eye strain?). Also, I think most people use these types of sites to look at their own performance and the ranks of others. There are major things missing from you match history and I also believe you don't even need the match history tab if you have the formatting/positioning done right on the summary page.

What op.gg does right is when you go to their page all the data you need is seen on the page with no scrolling needed. Everything is colored in a way it's easy to understand and the stats provided are the most important to me (ie. Kill participation, CS/M, RANK). The tabs when clicked seem seamless and very responsive compared to the time it takes to load on LeagueSpy. op.gg also let's you know what you're doing wrong and what you're doing right with colors, for example certain KDAs are colored blue/yellow when it's above avg/high.

I'd say for the summary page on LeagueSpy to change the formatting so it's simpler (it looks like an infinity page style used more for blogging). As it is right now it's more separated into sections where some columns could suffice and the sizing of some sections could be less prominent compared to other sections.

EDIT:
What you guys could do is maybe provide stats for specific roles that may not be shown on other sites to differentiate yourselves from other sites.

Like I know for me as an ADC main I look at CS/M very closely, but it would be cool to see other stats like damage taken, damage done, tower damage, etc.

PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2017 7:54pm | Report
Thanks again Bryun, I think this will prove useful. :)
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2017 8:08am | Report
Thanks for the awesome feedback and screenshots Bryun, very helpful!
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2017 9:27am | Report
To further clarify on why the icon is ugly. It isn't symmetrical, but that can be worked around. The magnifying glass looks tacky, the "L" is a misshapen freak, and the ring of the glass isn't even centered around it properly.
Thank you Jovy for this bomb *** sig!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide