Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

LeagueSpy BETA: Early Access

Creator: Mowen October 12, 2017 3:32pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Chaotic Version
<Member>
Chaotic Version's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2017 11:06am | Report
More suggestions/feedback:

Suggestion:
When looking up a summoner, maybe show recent/top ones searched, or add a favourite option to a summoner to quickly look him up.

Also, this doesn't happen too often but I've noticed that in post match insights the lane is often won by just who has more CS.
Was trying to find how that would turn out for a support, though my insights were pretty accurate. So I started lurking my friends recent matches and found stuff like this:
According to this game's insights, thresh won lane against Janna.
However, Janna has a higher gold and extremely higher KDA, and Jhin also has a good lead over the enemy adc which makes me think they won lane.
So let's take a look at specific Janna vs Thresh informations:

Janna has higher wards killed and placed aswell, thresh only had more damage taken and dealt, however any tank will always have more damage taken than a squishy support, so either damage taken and dealt has too much weight in the comparison or it's based on CS only.
How to fix: Instead of comparing this parameters between the two different types of supports, compare them to the same statistics of that champion for the same tier.
I don't know if I explained it good, but here i'll show you what I mean using again the Janna vs Thresh match:

As you can see here, thresh's damage output is higher than Janna's, but still quite bad compared to the average thresh of that tier.Janna's damage is however higher than the average diamond janna's, therefor the perfomance is better than thresh's for that parameter.

Hope this was of any help
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2017 12:13pm | Report
No that's very helpful @ chaotic version! As always supports give us difficulty in supplying valuable comparisons ;P

Note 1. so far as "favoriting" summoners that's actually what the watch list is for! the button on the right side of the screen is like a LS player bookmark list :)

Note 2. Yeah, the lane matchups in the header are based on the Early Lead stat which is a combo of XP and CS at that 10 minute mark. Obviously this is a problem for supports and now that you point it out shoulda realize that earlier haha. If the lane is pretty even (no kills or forced backs) before the 10 minute mark it will probably default to saying the support with the highest CS won because there are no other metrics for the Early Lead stat that are relevant to supports. I will discuss with the dev and see what we can do about this!
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2017 11:06pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
1. Nothing about mastery level on champions?
2. What about a way to compare champion stats across regions? How does Gold V Lulu OCE compare to Gold V Lulu NA etc?
3. What happened to CounterStats? Elophant? Will those sites be retired/users be redirected to LeagueSpy?
4. The term "spy" and the images of the detective with fedora (or whatev those hats are called) makes the site feel illicit. I also generally shy away from sites or links with the word "spy" in it. I think LeagueInsights would have been nicer. Or even LeagueLooks or whatever.
5. The colour scheme is nice and simple, but maybe could be more interesting
6. I'm surprised there aren't too many links back to MobaFire
7. Just noticed the "Lulu is STRONGEST against" section. The win rate bars don't make sense. I feel like I'm in Year 7 Math and someone has used a silly scale on their graph. Also not a fan of duplicate information repeated on each row/column if it can just be stated once. Below is an example of what I mean making it simpler/less repetitive and removing issues of scale. (Obviously wouldn't need to be so big, just did it in Paint)

guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2017 11:38pm | Report
Jai did you mean to embed that whole post in a quote?
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2017 12:15am | Report
I'm ****ing around a bit looking at some of my matches. This one confuses me, mostly insight related.

https://www.leaguespy.net/league-of-legends/match/2617524819?player=34889217

First of all, all my games show both sides of the chamoion portrait as having the same stats, the first thing i circled.

Secondly, how can i possibly have a bad early game

when the entire game was early game, and i have double the gold of my opponent, with way more kills as well.

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2017 1:14am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
Yes.
i do what i want
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2017 12:34pm | Report
Sorry @ jhoijhoi jhoi I did not mean to make you feel ignored I should have let everyone know I'd gotten their feedback. I have already written down / consolidated your feedback and shared it with the team (as well as everyone else's besides RottedApples which I'm working on now). The screenshots and notes are super helpful, thank you!

For your question about the other sites, Leaguespy will eventually replace Elophant, but Counterstats will remain as a microsite for those only interested in looking up counters since it's the quickest way to do so.

@ RottedApples yes, YOUR stats are duplicated on each side so you can see visually how they match up against the average for your tier/champ/role and your specific opponent this game.

All the insights text below is based solely on the comparison to, in this example, the average Gold Mid Lane Fizz. You did comparatively bad to that early game average, though you did much better than your opponent this game.

We use the average stats because for example, a jungle Ivern is going to do way less damage than a jungle Twitch, so those stat insights need to be related to only your specific champion and role.

I do understand that people are finding the graph confusing though, based on your and jhoi's posts (among others). We are working on it. :P
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2017 1:33pm | Report
So you have my feedback as well? Once I am back home I can create a graphic showing the issues with the icon if you feel it would be helpful!
Thanks to jhoijhoi for the awesome PsiGuard-loving sig!
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2017 2:31pm | Report
Thank you Jovy for this bomb *** sig!
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2017 3:22pm | Report
Google's new logo is not round either and they seem to be doing okay :V