Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New Tool - Ward Map!

Creator: Hades4u August 19, 2022 8:07am
1 2
Hades4u
<Lead Community Manager>
Hades4u's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2022 8:07am | Report

Hey everyone! 😊

We've been working on a new tool for quite some time and we're happy to announce that it's finally ready for everyone to try out! It allows anyone to create a custom Ward Map which makes sharing the best warding positions easier and more convenient.

Let's go over the Ward Map's features and then check out an example:

• Stealth and Control wards can be placed anywhere on the Ward Map by left clicking

• Notes can be attached to wards by holding SHIFT and left clicking on their icons

• Wards can be marked as Priority with a green outline by holding CTRL and left clicking on their icons

• Wards can be removed from the map together with attached notes by right clicking on their icons

• The map can be panned & zoomed freely and then locked in place to keep its position when shared; not locking the map will allow viewers to pan & zoom as they like

• The map's focus can be switched between red side and blue side, adding fog of war to enhance focus

• The map can be easily embed in guides, forum posts, blogs, etc. by sharing its unique code

Here's an example based on Jovy's warding guide:

Try the Ward Map now and let us know what you think! We're continuously looking for ways to improve our features and your feedback is essential!
Tauricus2017
<Veteran>
Tauricus2017's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2022 8:24am | Report
O.O Okay this is soo dope. I need to add it to my guide ASAP :D
Great work, Mobafire team, I love this feature! <3
Kocykek
<Stalker>
Kocykek's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2022 8:58am | Report
Holy this is awesome, it's easy to use and the result is even better than making a graphic by yourself. Great job Mobafire ^-^
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2022 9:00am | Report
Excited to see how this feature plays out. :)
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
Tauricus2017
<Veteran>
Tauricus2017's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2022 9:31am | Report
May I ask if there is any way to scale the map down or at least hide it somehow? I tried adding size= argument, width= argument and putting the map inside a spoiler but nothing seems to work :d

Thanks to jhoi for the sig
Metallichydra
<Member>
Metallichydra's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2022 11:02am | Report
Where does it go after saving it? Like, if I want to edit it. Or do I have to finish everything the first time I make it?
Vel'Koz is a midlaner?! No, no way you aren't lying!
Hades4u
<Lead Community Manager>
Hades4u's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2022 11:28am | Report
Hey @ Metallichydra!

If you save it and add it somewhere, you'll see a button "edit my map" in the map's top right side that will lead you to the editing page. Alternatively, you can go to https://www.mobafire.com/ward-map/X where X is the ID of your ward map. 😁

Hey @ Tauricus2017!

The ward map's size will adjust based on whatever container you place it in. For example, if you place the ward map within a table, it will respect that table's size.

For example:

Code:
[responsive][row] [col width=400px][wardmap id=1][/col] [/row][/responsive]
Metallichydra
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2022 1:05pm | Report
@ Hades4u I tried to do that, but there's no map. The map I made had the ID 12, but there's nothing there when I try to edit it. I can still see the map when putting it in guides, but it's not there when I try to edit it.
I can put in other numbers and they work fine (I can't edit/save the edits I make, but I think that's intended), but when I input 12 there's just nothing there.
AP Shyvana is perfectly balanced, and super fun to play against!
Hades4u
<Lead Community Manager>
Hades4u's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2022 1:40pm | Report
Hey @ Metallichydra!

You should be able to go back to your map and edit it at any time. Can you please send me the guide where the map works? I'll write down this bug and we'll probably fix it next week. 😀
Metallichydra
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2022 2:23pm | Report
@ Hades4u It's in this guide: https://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/double-jungle-614962
It looks like a normal ward map when viewing it in the guide, but it looks like this when I press the edit map button:
Vel'Koz is a midlaner?! No, no way you aren't lying!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide