Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Patch 5.15 Summary

Creator: Wayne3100 August 5, 2015 6:21am
1 2 3 4 5
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2015 6:21am | Report

Hello and welcome to the MOBAFire Patch Summary - 5.15!

Today, Riot has a small patch in store for us, meaning we only have a small summary planned for you. Highlights include the Fiora update, changes to Ekko and Teemo, light tuning to Zeke's Harbinger and a rather disturbing Fizz skin.

If you also want more info on updates to the new HUD (which will make its way to ranked queues in this patch) and a few other small changes, check out the full patch notes. With that said, let's have a look!

Champion Updates

WTF DID THEY DO TO MY CHAMPION?!
quick access for concerned players

!
~
Gangplank
Fiora
Ekko
-
-
~
Nidalee
Sivir
Teemo

! = Rework* = Mostly bugfix(es) and/or display changes+ = Buff- = Nerf~ = Mixed

Yup, that's right, only six champions are receiving changes this time around. Small patch, huh?

While there may not be a lot of changes, that does not mean they're not impactful, however. In fact, Fiora has received quite a significant update, with a new splash art (left) as well as a new kit (which can be viewed by mousing over the ability icons below). Though some of her old abilities still remain (in a tweaked form), her gameplay has significantly changed due to her new passive, Duelist's Dance. From now on, laning as Fiora should feel a little like a minigame, in which her main objective will be to attack her opponent's weak spots, while her opponent will want to avoid her doing just that. If you want to see her new kit in action or want to read more about the thought process behind these changes, check out Fiora's Champion Update article here.

Two more noteworthy sets of changes in this patch fall to Ekko and Teemo. Ekko's changes are pretty straightforward, with (heavy) base stat nerfs in combination with AP ratio buffs on several of his abilities discouraging Ekko players from building him as a full tank. Teemo's case is a bit more interesting: from now on, the stealth from Camouflage will activate faster and no longer break while he's inside a brush (even while moving), allowing for some sneaky plays. Also, the cast range of his Noxious Trap will be significantly higher, with the added option of being able to let a new shroom bounce on top of existing ones and be placed even further (this all at the expense of half the duration).

Early discussions suggest these changes should both be considered nerfs, but we'll leave that up to you to decide (hence the ~).

Item Changes

One change only. From now on, Zeke's Harbinger's buff will take longer to build, with the number of charges gained per auto attack & ability use for both champions involved being reduced. However, the buff will now also last 8 seconds instead of 6, giving you more time to tear your opponents apart once you reach that moment.

Upcoming Skins

Technically, there is one more skin up for grabs in this patch, as Gangplank's old new splash art will be turned into a skin ( Captain Gangplank ) which can be obtained for free by playing one full matchmade game as Gangplank before August 10 at 2:00 AM PDT (after this, the skin will be available for 975 RP).

Since we've seen the splash art of that skin already, however, we're featuring this slightly disturbing one here instead (which will cost 975 RP upon release).

Share Your Thoughts!

Small summary, short outro. No more talk, just questions. We want to know: do you wish there would've been more changes, or do you like a small patch from time to time? Will you be trying out the new Fiora? And finally, will you be having nightmares over the new Fizz skin, or will you be picking it up? Leave your comments below!

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2015 6:46am | Report
Man I wish I had refunds available. The temptation to see how much Fiora sux is so big.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2015 10:14am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
Man I wish I had refunds available. The temptation to see how much Fiora sux is so big.

she is disabled right now so lol...

As a teemo player i approve of these changes.

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2015 2:43pm | Report
I hear she already needs another rework, cause apparently, her mechanics are stupid.

Then again, my source for this sucks too so whatever.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2015 3:13pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

At least she's not as bad as she used to be.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2015 3:45pm | Report

At least she's not as bad as she used to be.

She wasn't THIS bad before. She had some toxic things that made her great in some scenarios (hint; it's the ultimate)

Now she needs to peg some one on four sides to even be remotely useful. It's time consuming and stupid. Old Fiora just kinda dashed to your carry and eviscerated them with her ult cause she can't die.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2015 4:04pm | Report
She has a slow now, so it shouldn't be that hard and building Blade of the Ruined King on her should make it better for the added slow. I would say that Hydra isn't a viable fist build for her anymore.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2015 4:14pm | Report
Cause slows are such game changers! Giving her the tools to actually use her ult doesn't actually make it good. It's still a dumb and time consuming mechanic.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2015 4:59pm | Report
Thing is, she has one dash. That's it. They dash away, nothing happens. Even if she parries 1-2 cc ballz, odds are she can get peeled anyway.

This is my theory at least. It all depends on parry and Q cooldowns, but eh.

BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2015 5:00pm | Report
Cause slows are such game changers! Giving her the tools to actually use her ult doesn't actually make it good. It's still a dumb and time consuming mechanic.

Yeah, you're cute. That's exactly what tools do, make it good.
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide