Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Patch 7.18 Summary

Creator: PsiGuard September 12, 2017 7:41pm
1 2
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2017 6:22am | Report
utopus wrote:
@ VexRothI'm really happy with the changes they made to Tristana and Lucian though. Both of those champions had slightly overtuned kits for where the meta is now, so i'm interested to see which champions end up becoming played for the worlds patch
Trist definitely, but I think Lucian was underwhelming as is. Don't know why he got nerfed.

also fk fiora I still have PTSD from when she was broken

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2017 7:30am | Report
Quoted:
also fk fiora I still have PTSD from when she was broken

Kind of my feelings on the matter as well. Though I think I had even more PTSD from Gangplank being broken, having a relatively safe lane, and being able to net cross map kills while safely laning. Fiora at least couldn't do the later.

Still Bramble Vest does kind of screw her, so maybe we won't see the kind of dominance she has exhibited in the past.

Lucian is a strange case. IIRC he has rather low win rate in Bot Lane and not that great of a win rate in Mid lane. My feeling is that it seems like it came down to a really dominant couple (one?) of games by Faker on the champion, where in reality he kind of got a little luck by just managing to tuck himself into some corners here and there to avoid dying in some 9 out of 10 instances were he would have died.

Re Ornn - I haven't tried him in the Top lane. I can see his abilities as being telegraphed enough that it just might not work that well into a lot of match-ups. I like him better as PvE in the jungle. He clears quite healthy between brittle procs, his shield, and does surprisingly well in most 1v1 duels for similar reasons. Oh, and if necessary he can use his dash to get himself out of some sticky situations assuming you don't manage to clip a wall. He ganks are so-so but he can show up in lane with a Stalker's Blade while never having backed for a nice slow to help kill secure. As I mentioned I think his ult is best used as follow-up to an engage where someone like Malphite goes in first. But ve shall see. He has had quite few buffs/quality of life changes and I still feel like people are trying to learn the champion. Oh, and if you haven't tried it yet I recommend Iceborn Gauntlet on him.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2017 4:02pm | Report
Lucian has been a super dominant mid pick in professional play. He basically guarantees mid priority just by drafting him and he crushes a bunch of matchups. Riot pretty explicitly nerfed him to cut his dominance mid, but it's a bit of a shame they didn't give him anything to help him out in the bot lane. He'll probably need to wait for another meta shift to be viable there, or for direct buffs or nerfs to other adcs.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Morzanoth
<Member>
Morzanoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2017 3:11am | Report
I actually use this when I update my guides. Easier to read and find things that matter for your champion.
The Jungle is my home and I welcome all to it with open arms...
RareDrops
<Member>
RareDrops's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2017 6:20am | Report
Most reasonable changes I've ever seen so far.. maybe because the worlds is coming soon. They are already working towards the huge update of Azir can't wait to see him again competitively :(

Elise - they just nerfed her tank build and improved her AP scaling. Should be fine because tank build is very strong pre-patch.

Lucian - I just hate facing against him both in mid and bot game. His early game is just too strong for an average mid, bot laner. and I think a nerf to his Relentless Pursuit is definitely a right choice.

And lastly, an indirect nerf to Cho'Gath where he deals burst damage when using Gargoyle Stoneplate while being tanky as .. at the same time.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2017 12:55pm | Report
Morzanoth wrote:
I actually use this when I update my guides. Easier to read and find things that matter for your champion.

Thanks Morzanoth, I'm glad you find these summaries useful. <3

RareDrops wrote:
And lastly, an indirect nerf to Cho'Gath where he deals burst damage when using Gargoyle Stoneplate while being tanky as .. at the same time.

I played a bunch of Cho'Gath games this patch and felt this nerf was pretty noticeable. It's really difficult to get enough bonus health to one-shot with Feast now. Still feels like a strong champion to me, but against some comps with a lot of shields he's a lot less threatening in team fights.
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide