Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

WINNERS! - Be Prepared! S4 Guide Contest

Creator: Mowen February 20, 2014 4:52pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 4:52pm | Report

It's finally time to announce the winners of our Be Prepared! S4 Guide Contest! There were a lot of great guides that qualified for this contest, but sadly we could only pick 1 to win per category. Check our honorable mentions for more great guides for each category!

We want to give a big shoutout to everyone who's ever written a guide for MOBAFire. You are the backbone of MOBAFire, and we appreciate the effort, big or small, that you've put in to make our site what it is.

Introducing, Badges!

Along with the winners we'd also like to introduce our new Badge System! Badges will be rewards for achievements, that display on your comments and profiles.

To start off we have 10 unique badges, 1 for each contest category. These badges will be one of a kind, and give authors a chance to show off how great their guides are! More badges will be given out in the future, but we haven't decided on what the new achievements will be at this point in time.

Along with the badges winners will receive a unique title for extra swag.

Winners! - Thanks to Razer and Precision Designed Products for providing prizes!

<Perfectionist>

Perfection? I Got That
Best in show. The guide with the overall best build, content, visuals, etc.

-A Whimsical Wonderland Support-

Author: Emikadon

Prize: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Gaming Keyboard + $50 RP

All the judges loved your guide Emikadon! -A Whimsical Wonderland Support- has a top notch build that our judges approved of. It's in depth explanation of build choices, alternative build options, general supporting, and matchups will surely help anyone learning the support role. In addition to the quality build and information Emikadon uses bbcode and custom images that makes the guide very easy to read and browse through.

<Crowd Favorite>

We Are As One
Top rated guide at the start of Season 4, as decided by MOBAFire voters.

POPST-AHRI is BEST Ahri!

Author: xDanielWang

Prize: Teemo Hat + Razer Goliathus Mousepad + PDP Headset

xDanielWang's Ahri guide was chosen by MOBAFire users by being the top rated guide at the start of Season 4, and it's not hard to see why. His guide provides in-depth information of all his build choices, as well as alternatives. It has a lot of gameplay advice, matchup tips and tricks, and just about anything else you'd ever think to ask! We also enjoy the user of humorous images to break up the contents of the guide and put a smile on our face. xDanielWang was also nice enough to give us an interview, you can read it here.

<Fabulous>

Truly Outrageous
The most fabulous guide. Best use of images, coding, etc to make the most visually pleasing and easy to read guide.

Season 4 Support Sona

Author: astrolia

Prize: Poros Stress Ball + Razer Goliathus Mousepad + $25 RP

On top of being truly outrageous, astrolia's Season 4 Support Sona is a top notch guide. It has a great build, in-depth build explanation, gameplay tips and tricks and general support information. However, this guide stood out from the rest in the way this information was presented. The whole guide has an old-school arcade theme that's amazingly well done. The theme supports the chapter organization, as well as giving a fun and lighthearted feel to the guide. In addition to the theme all the bbcoding and additional images are perfect. It is clean and makes the guide very easy to read. Every image and code in the guide helps the reader find information and learn Sona, which is why this guide is so fabulous.

honorable mentions

<Lucky Charm>

Luck of the Draw
Lady Luck is smiling. The guide that is randomly drawn from the list of eligible guides.

Jarvan IV Top Lane Guide

Author: extradelicious

Prize: PDP Headset + Razer Goliathus Mousepad

What can I say? extradelicious is lucky! Still, he had to qualify for the contest to begin with by having a quality guide, which he has. His guide goes in-depth to explain his build choices, as well as alternate options. In addition to this, he has a matchups and gameplay phases section. One thing that stands out about Jarvan IV Top Lane Guide is the videos extradelicious made himself. I really enjoyed learning about Manifest Destiny and how to hit E + Q combo.

<Wingman>

I Lend My Aid
The overall best guide for a champion in the support role.

Of the Stars: Support Soraka

Author: jamespongebob

Prize: Rammus Hat + $50 RP

jamespongebob's Support Soraka guide stood it's ground among all the other support guides prompted by the S4 support changes. The build is great and the unique use of images and coding make the guide very fun and easy to read through. One of the things that stands out about jamespongebob's guide is that it does a great job of explaining strategy concepts to new players, as well as providing tips and tricks for players new to Soraka but not the game. This guide covers all you'd want to know about how to build and play Soraka, as well as general support strategy. As Soraka would say, "Let me guide you."

honorable mentions

<Sharpshooter>

Boom, Headshot.
The overall best guide for a champion in the marksman role.

Caitlyn - IT'S A TARP

Author: Luther3000

IT'S A TRAP!!! Well, not this time. Luther3000's Caitlyn guide won't lead you astray. It has a good build that is well explained in the guide, as well as a plethora of gameplay advice. One of the guide's strengths is the in-depth information about every phase of the game, as well as advice on laning partners. On top of this slick line dividers, banners and bbcoding make for a clean and easy to read guide. If you're looking to learn the ropes as the Sheriff of Piltover be sure to give this guide a read!

honorable mentions

<Stalker>

It's Only Fun If They Run
The overall best guide for a champion in the jungler role.

MUNDO SMASH: an In-Depth Jungle Dr. Mundo Guide

Author: Double_E

Double_E's Jungle Dr. Mundo Guide has a ton of quality information, as well as a good build. Dr. Mundo has seen a resurgence lately, so if you're looking to learn this madman, or the jungle role in general, be sure to read Double_E's guide. His guide explains Mundo's build options in-depth, as well as general jungling strategy, and tips and tricks. This guide is not light reading, but is well worth the time if you're interested in Mundo or the jungle role.

honorable mentions

<King of the Hill>

My Place Is At The Top
The overall best guide for a champion in the top role.

Khazem's Top Lane Riven

Author: Khazem

Khazem's Top Lane Riven guide has everything you'd ever need to know about Riven. It of course has a perfect build, explanation of said build, gameplay strategy, matchups, and tips and tricks. One thing that stands out about this guide is how it makes an effort to explain the idea behind things, instead of just "buy this or that." Why is this stat particularly good for riven? Why do you skill this way against this opponent? Etc. Combine this with slick graphics and clean bbcoding for readability, and you get a top quality guide. Read this guide to learn the path of the exile.

honorable mentions

<Magic Man>

The Magic, It Calls to Me
The overall best guide for a champion in the mid role.

Akali: The Epitome Of An Assassin.

Author: Bryun

Bryun's Epitome of an Assassin is your go-to mid Akali guide. It has a great build, build explanation, and gampeplay strategy. Something that shines in this guide is it's use of imgur albums to show off twilight shroud's tips and tricks, as well as a unique warding section. On top of this great use of visuals Bryun uses bbcode and custom images to direct you through the guide. The matchup section is very in-depth with a star rating system as well as tips for playing against the matchup. If you're looking to hone your ninja skills be sure to check out Epitome of an Assassin.

honorable mentions

<McFly>

Face The Future
The overall best guide for a champion that was recently added or reworked.

Yasuo: Complete Guide to the road to ruin.

Author: OTGBionicArm

Prize: S3 Worlds Championship Jacket + $50 RP

OTGBionicArm's Complete Guide to the road of ruin features the newest champion, Yasuo. This guide may look short because it's so compact, but it's very in-depth. It has a good item build, and uses the left column of the guide to give you a quick-view of the build and matchups. In addition, it covers item justification, gameplay strategy for all phases of the game, synergies and counters, and tips and tricks. Combine this with slick line dividers, unique bbcoding, and efficient use of space, and you get a great Yasuo guide! Be sure to check out The Complete Guide to the road to ruin if you want to learn Yasuo.

honorable mentions

Thanks for writing all these awesome guides, and I hope everyone enjoys these guide features! I hope they help you "Be Prepared" for this season's ranked journey.

If you are a winner you will be contacted via email this week to coordinate prizing.

Judges

Our judges helped with going through all the guides that qualified for each category, as well as coming to a consensus on the overall best of the bunch. Thanks to all our judges for helping make this possible!

Tyler "ecco" Spesick

Judged: The Magic, It Calls to Me

Follow him at: @eccolol

Matt "Pants Are Dragon" Nguyen

Judged: My Place Is At The Top

Follow him at: @luigidragon

Reason Gaming's Mauno "beansu" Talli

Judged: My Place Is At The Top

Follow him at: @reason_beansu and @ReasonGaming

Nicholas "gleebglarbu" Haddad

Judged: I Lend My Aid

Follow him at: @gleebglarbu

Vincent "Voosha" Ho

Judged: Face The Future

Zing "Tails" Jie, Richard "Get Snuggled" Pilkington, & Alec "Godshu" Fichter

Judged: Boom, Headshot.

Follow them at: @TailsJJ, @vVv_Snugglez, and @vVv_Gaming

Mowen "Mowen" Mowen

Judged: Truly Outrageous

Follow her at: @MowenDesigns

Be sure to check out our judge's MOBAFire profiles for their guides, and the twitters if you want to follow them further!

Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
NateKiller
<Member>
NateKiller's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 5:05pm | Report
Congrats to the winners! Well done! :)
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 5:09pm | Report
Congratz to all the winners, and thanks to all judges! :)

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
jamespongebob
<Wingman>
jamespongebob's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 5:12pm | Report
I should have gotten Fabulous. In all seriousness though, I was not very aware of this contest at all. How will the prizes be delivered?
My Guides

Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 5:17pm | Report
Guides that qualified for it were automatically entered, so a few of the winners might be quite surprised. :P

You will be contacted via email to provide your shipping address.
jamespongebob
<Wingman>
jamespongebob's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 5:20pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

Guides that qualified for it were automatically entered, so a few of the winners might be quite surprised. :P

You will be contacted via email to provide your shipping address.

Would shipping be free? Because otherwise, I'd rather have the prize given to someone else.
My Guides

NateDog13
<Member>
NateDog13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 5:27pm | Report
Oh snap, I got an honorable mention. Awesome :D! I didn't expect to even have a chance in the first place, das cool though o.o!
-Check out my Yasuo Guide (Click the Picture above, 4 Current Builds)!-
-Honorable Mention In The S4 Guide Contest!-

astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 5:40pm | Report
Can my fabulous title be rainbow colored?
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 5:48pm | Report

Would shipping be free? Because otherwise, I'd rather have the prize given to someone else.

We cover shipping prices unless there's some specific tariffs etc that your country imposes, almost everything we've shipped has been free for the winner though. We will let you know if you will be required to pay anything.

astrolia wrote:

Can my fabulous title be rainbow colored?

I don't think so but I'll look into it. :P
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
xDanielWang
<Crowd Favorite>
xDanielWang's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 6:05pm | Report
Nice! ^___^

+Rep is always appreciated!

My Ahri guide :)
1 2 3 4 5

League of Legends Champions: