Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Dota2

Creator: jhoijhoi August 2, 2011 3:19pm
42 posts - page 4 of 5
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 6:28pm | Report
^lol. If it's expensive, people will just boycott it and continue to play Dota on Warcraft III.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 6:29pm | Report
I actually think it might be F2P.

All other serious MOBA games are nowadays, and Valve have been experimenting with this lately with TF2, for example.

If it is something you buy, it will be £20 max.
Shrillex
<Veteran>
Shrillex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2011 1:03pm | Report
I will buy it but I hope it's F2P.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2011 1:08pm | Report
f2p my ***

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
SirSpankAlot
<Member>
SirSpankAlot's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2011 9:03am | Report
DoTa2 F2P? Dun think so , were talking about Valve here...
Thanks to Plickz and Alexanpt for the awesome Sigs!

Check out my guide on Skarner, The Crystal Vanguard(press the sig)!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2011 11:26am | Report
@_@

I never even played Vanilla DoTA. Closest I came to was Uther Party. And that's not even a MOBA......Oh well should be interesting, until it turns out to suck horribly because (to my knowledge) Valve has never handled this style of game before. It's like hoping Cliff Blizzinski (can't spell it) the figurehead of the Gears of War Franchise could be tasked with making a Barbie Paradise game without gretuetous, blood drenched AWESOME violence. Or hoping Quinten Tarintino could make a kids movie about a little turtle and his friends trying to find their way to the ocean without numerous violent shoot outs, Jon Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson, or Uma Thurman...It just doesn't fit their style. They could do it, but to me seems like fish out of water, I'm not omnipotent just weighing the options, Valve is a great company but there is more room for them to **** this up than there is air between Pais Hilton's ears. ((And there is a lot of air between those ears TRUST ME))
Whated#79092
<Member>
Whated#79092's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2011 11:33am | Report
That's why Icefrog is with Valve ^.^
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2011 1:46pm | Report
1 Person? Not gonna save a wrecked ship, especially if he's the captain (see Titanic). As well 1 person with experience can bring just as much bad as good. Takes multiple perspectives to create something on an even keel....I mean if I had the liscense and experience the create a game in which I was the soul-idea man. My ideas trumped all input, I'd probably make a game I thought was awesome, but at the end of the day it would still suck.

I'm not saying it's going to suck, but the possibility is ever present.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2011 1:49pm | Report

1 Person? Not gonna save a wrecked ship, especially if he's the captain (see Titanic). As well 1 person with experience can bring just as much bad as good. Takes multiple perspectives to create something on an even keel....I mean if I had the liscense and experience the create a game in which I was the soul-idea man. My ideas trumped all input, I'd probably make a game I thought was awesome, but at the end of the day it would still suck.

I'm not saying it's going to suck, but the possibility is ever present.

Considering that Icefrog basically created the original DotA mod, i think that he's a pretty capable guy to be leading the ship.
Tri lane for life.
Bellator
<Member>
Bellator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2011 2:02pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

^lol. If it's expensive, people will just boycott it and continue to play Dota on Warcraft III.

this.

WC3 ftw?

LoL more FTW!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide