Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Genocide, USA, etc.

Creator: Canoas September 12, 2012 11:02am
88 posts - page 4 of 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 8:04pm | Report
markets are tested by instability. you can't possibly expect the economy to be stable all the time. It got tested in 2008 and it nearly collapsed, it's collapsed in a few countries. The euro probably isn't the strongest currency in the world. The chinese yen adjusted for government imposed deflation would probably be the strongest currency right now. Ireland, Portugal, Spain, Italy, and Greece markets are all failing. Germany and UK are the only markets doing remotely well. France is standing it's own, but banks are setting their interst levels to the German banks once again which was what the euro was created to destroy. The UK is only safe because it didn't adopt the Euro. The euro worked well from 2002 to 2007 or 2008. That's about 6 years. That is not a good currency. No one could have predicted the crisis in 2008? Are you kidding me? Do you know how many people cried out saying that the Euro would be a failure because they are trying to basically hoodwink the markets into thinking that the economies of EU members are on an equal playing field.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 8:06pm | Report
@Fox Rage if he stopped insulting anyone who's ever had to take a **** job to pay bills people might stop insulting him back...jus' sayin'. At some point you'd rather make money flipping burgers or cleaning hotel rooms than live on the street and, while I really do hope he never has to live with that, he has no right to insult people for doing what it takes to pull themselves out of the gutter until he's been there himself.

(assuming, based on how he's acting, that he doesn't know what it feels like to be willing to take any job that will pay you just to live at all...)
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 8:10pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

markets are tested by instability. you can't possibly expect the economy to be stable all the time. It got tested in 2008 and it nearly collapsed, it's collapsed in a few countries. The euro probably isn't the strongest currency in the world. The chinese yen adjusted for government imposed deflation would probably be the strongest currency right now. Ireland, Portugal, Spain, Italy, and Greece markets are all failing. Germany and UK are the only markets doing remotely well. France is standing it's own, but banks are setting their interst levels to the German banks once again which was what the euro was created to destroy. The UK is only safe because it didn't adopt the Euro. The euro worked well from 2002 to 2007 or 2008. That's about 6 years. That is not a good currency. No one could have predicted the crisis in 2008? Are you kidding me? Do you know how many people cried out saying that the Euro would be a failure because they are trying to basically hoodwink the markets into thinking that the economies of EU members are on an equal playing field.

I don't have a diploma in economy unlike you, so I don't know as much as you do. I stated what was logical to me. What I understood about what the Euro was. Why they made it. Why it fell. etc. etc. I guess I was wrong on many levels. Thank you for clarifying.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 8:22pm | Report
Mooninites threw the first jab in my opinion, by bringing up that Canoas doesn't know what it's like to work. He really was just trying to bring up Portugal's economy but that sparked the whole "job" back and forth.

Then all he said was that he didn't fancy working at McDonalds. He didn't say he looked down on people who worked at McDonald's or anything like that. Then Jeffy seemed to take it the wrong way and now everyone seems to think he was insulting people who work at McDonalds... He said he's getting his degree because he would prefer to do a job he likes than a job he doesn't like.

I do feel like you guys kind've expect him to say something insulting so you interpret it that way. As an unbiased opinion I feel like the insults are uncalled for and they need to stop.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 8:47pm | Report
Wow, 2 pages in the last hour. I'll keep the replies short.

@Fox Rage
As you said, a genocide is the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group.

The colonial wars weren't genocide, it wasn't the deliberate and systematic extermination, it was trying to maintain hold of the colonies against the rebellions, this happened in Portugal as well but obviously the civilians here had no military power, unlike Angola's, so there were barely any deaths. The UPA existed, it's very well documented. Portugal's income in angola was from slave trading during the 16th and 17th century, not in the 1960s (seriously, wtf?). Slavery is not extermination no matter how you look at it. The colonial war took place between 1961 and 1974, during the dictatorship.

What I just said is a fact. It doesn't matter what you believe in, history cannot be changed.

@Toshabi
No, that's not the reason my country is in a Crisis, and we're not on the verge of bankruptcy any more. Get your facts straight.

I'm not unemployed, I'm a student. Students don't count towards the unemployment rates. I tried getting a part time job but it was too overwhelming since I can't miss my classes. I was away for most of the summer so getting a summer job was impossible as well.

@BloodRaine
I never said it wasn't important. I said it's stupid and you guys are hypocrites. You've been whining for 11 years about how 3000 of your civilians died but meanwhile you were killing 66k civilians of a country that had nothing to with it.

@Mooninites
The markets have a private agenda. The EU bought our debt and now we're paying off our debt to the EU with a pretty high interest rate thanks to the ****ty markets. That's how it works, the EU doesn't lose money because of us.
I family working in the EU parliament and commission in pretty high places. I went to Belgium 2 months ago and visited their respective workplaces. Whatever your learning is wrong because I have information directly from the EU about Portugal's and Greece's crisis.
But hey, I accept that bet. How much is it? 10$? 100$? 1000$? Just name it. We'll see if Portugal pays the debt or not. But remember, once we do so do you.

@Nameless
It was to continue the conversation with Fox Rage, but then toshabi started derailing and some other idiots joined in.

@Fox Rage
The thing is that the European Union can force a country to change it's economical reform after they buy it's public debt. That's what happened with Portugal. That's what should have been happening with Greece as well but they're pretty much refusing to cooperate which is why Germany is pressuring them into leaving the EU.

@Mooninites
The chinese yen is the strongest because China simply cheats. The Euro is still stronger than the dollar though, and will always be. It has fallen quite badly this past year but is now regaining it's strength. Sorry, but there's really nothing you can say against facts.

@nameless
I never insulted anyone who has to take a ****ty job. I said I'm trying to finish my masters so I can have the job I want instead of working at mcdonalds, because if I don't that the kind of job I'll have. I think it's a pretty reasonable statement to make. I fail to see why any one would complain about that.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 8:54pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

I feel like the insults are uncalled for and they need to stop.

>:(
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 8:54pm | Report
@Canoas Then there's no reason to make implicative statements about it, is there?
....because even if Jeffy hadn't made his comment, I still would have been hard-pressed NOT to find that the various comments about it implied insult.

just to clarify.
Mintleaves
<Member>
Mintleaves's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 8:55pm | Report
Dang even Mowen's getting mad...

YOU GO GURL!!!!!
Check out my guide and +Rep if I helped please.

Thanks to Wombo, JhoiJhoi, Keondre, MissMaw, Arcana3, TinyStar & Effinvices for the amazing sigs! <3
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 8:55pm | Report
Moon, why so unnecessarily rude to Jhoi? You're complaining about Canoas being rude, yet you're being a complete ******* for no reason.

Also, pretty much what Mowen said.

On topic, I never really got the point of things like this. Not just 9/11, but rememberance day, and everything else too, it just seems pointless to me..

I mean, I respect the dead, but in all honesty, what's the point of SPECIFICALLY mourning on the anniversary? It's just something everyone follows along with because it's politically correct. I've lost family and friends, not from anything special, cancer, heart attacks, a good friend of mine drowned, etc, and I don't suddenly start mourning them on the anniversary of their death. What's the point? I rarely mourn anything at all, because I don't see the point, it doesn't do anything, but when I DO mourn, it isn't just because it's some anniversary, and people expect me to, I mourn when I legitimately feel sad that they're gone.

It's the same thing with birthdays. Why the hell does it matter? It's just a day, it's not anything special. I can understand celebrating birth, and I can understand mourning death, but why make it a random pointless tradition to continuously celebrate/mourn on every anniversary? It doesn't make sense!
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 8:58pm | Report

@Canoas Then there's no reason to make implicative statements about it, is there?
....because even if Jeffy hadn't made his comment, I still would have been hard-pressed NOT to find that the various comments about it implied insult.

just to clarify.

The only implicative statement I made was that working at mcdonalds is a ****ty job, which is true. I still don't understand why anyone would complain about that.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide