Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 303 of 334
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2015 12:12pm | Report
Slappiz wrote:
After all this "trashing" on animes from Searz I'm starting get really interested in what he considers a great anime.

I've proudly entitled myself as an anime noob guru with abouth 10ish animes under my belt. So now I'll get myself a cup of coffee and wait for Searz to name at least one anime that will blow my mind.

Fairy Tail is a true masterpiece of storytelling.

I mean it.
srsly

Quoted:
Probably somewhere to be found in this thread but way too many pages to even bother looking for it.

It is indeed. I don't mind writing it again though.

I would like to point out though that I don't watch a lot anime due to the overabundance of ****ty cash-ins in the anime industry. The place where you usually find the best stories is in manga.
And even with anime being adapted from manga it's oftentimes worse than the source material due to the quite invasive changes made in most adaptations. Take Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) for example: the anime adaptation changed huge chunks of the story around, the great majority being for the detriment of the series. While the visual quality of the anime is undoubtedly a lot better than that of the manga the overall quality of the anime is significantly worse because of the changes made.
(It's an amazing manga btw, I highly recommend it if you can handle the poor art)

With my moderate experience of anime I have one movie and one series that stood out to me.
5 Centimeters Per Second: a movie about young love and the realities of life. This is a pretty "slow" movie, don't bother if you're not up for something slow.
Nichijou: a comedy series about "normal everyday life" (<- The literal meaning of the title). It's pretty spectacular. Very smooth and well-made animation and some utterly hilarious jokes are to be had in this series.

I've seen a bunch more that I'd consider good, but the above two are my favorites.

If you'd ask me about manga I'd come up with a lot more recommendations.
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2015 12:22pm | Report
xIchi wrote:
as you said yourself that you are maybe making this a bigger deal as it is.

I specifically wrote that about the point I was explaining. Don't change my words.
Quoted:
What I get from your last post is that most if your dislike towards TG is the series trying to be dark and serious.

No.. Then I'd absolutely hate Berserk, would I not?
What I cannot stand is bad series being dark and serious. The distinction is important.
"I think you guys think too much. I didn't even pay attention to the knife thingy until you mentioned it. I had to go back to the episode to remember it but even then I was like "k, that happend" and moved on."
Why cant more anime fans be as laid back as you?

We need less people like Joxuu or we'll keep getting the bottom-dredge we're now being spoon-fed by the industry.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2015 12:24pm | Report
Searz wrote:

I mean it.
srsly
Ha....haha.....hahahaha.....HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Searz wrote:
Nichijou: a comedy series about "normal everyday life" (<- The literal meaning of the title). It's pretty spectacular. Very smooth and well-made animation and some utterly hilarious jokes are to be had in this series.
Master searz recommended me this anime before and it is really cutesy. At first its okay-ish humor but once you get into it it is quite hilarious. Although I would like to see more Aioi and professor scenes and less "helvetica standard" and "short thoughts".
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Bludes
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2015 2:20pm | Report
Searz wrote:

I'll give it a try when I'm done with Spice & Wolf.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2015 2:23pm | Report
FT is too cheesy for me. The anime has some arcs that are complete ballsacks too.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2015 2:30pm | Report
First season of Fairy Tail was decent but season 2 has been garbage. It feels like I've watched 40 episodes of fillers.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2015 2:44pm | Report
Joxuu wrote:
First season of Fairy Tail was decent but season 2 has been garbage. It feels like I've watched 40 episodes of fillers.

yes pls less talking and more actual fighting pls and filler arcs have been total doo doo ****.

EDIT: btw, i don't understand why people care about other peoples opinions whether it comes to what anime you're watching, if you like it watch it. gratata *****

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2015 2:52pm | Report
Embracing wrote:
FT is too cheesy for me. The anime has some arcs that are complete ballsacks too.
Joxuu wrote:

ಠ_ಠ

"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2015 3:02pm | Report
Bryun wrote:

EDIT: btw, i don't understand why people care about other peoples opinions whether it comes to what anime you're watching, if you like it watch it. gratata *****

It's mostly while people who want to talk about a certain anime, others jump in and trash it, making the previous discussion obsolete.
I am refraining myself from making any comments of SAO whenever there is sth, guess most ppl know I hate it real hard.

But we had this TG discussion like 3 times now, and everytime someone brings it up Searz jumps in to trash it.

And we are here to talk about animes not really discuss. Discussion about anime is really hard cause of preferences, anyway.
Unless we would have specific threads for certain Animes or Genres.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2015 3:02pm | Report
Bryun wrote:
Because if people agree with your point of view they might know some other stuff you would like as well. If people don't like what you watch then you know that and say why you learn more about that person plus if the persons reasoning is good that person might recommend you some better stuff that you might enjoy even more.
Change is gooooood

Je suis le bee
~ Meiyjhe ~
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide