Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Mobafire Trading Center (By Meiyjhe)

Creator: Meiyjhe March 25, 2013 12:33pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2013 9:51am | Report
"I will Rep you if you do this." = selling Rep
"You must Rep me after I do this." = buying Rep

No selling or buying Rep. Most sig shops tend to skirt the rules by suggesting that a +Rep is a nice way to repay an artist for making a sig for you. If there is a sig shop that explicitly asks for Rep in return, please report it.

The idea is that Rep is supposed to be freely given by other members, not used as a criterion or offered as a reward.
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2013 9:55am | Report
No, I was saying the fact that they've all left it in their threads makes people think it's a requirement...and they will +rep you even if you ask them not to.

I'm still all for an artist title for people who are getting +rep purely because they make signatures.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2013 9:55am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

"I will Rep you if you do this." = selling Rep
"You must Rep me after I do this." = buying Rep

No selling or buying Rep. Most sig shops tend to skirt the rules by suggesting that a +Rep is a nice way to repay an artist for making a sig for you. If there is a sig shop that explicitly asks for Rep in return, please report it.

The idea is that Rep is supposed to be freely given by other members, not used as a criterion or offered as a reward.

it still is a free means, whatever the other person says. Even if you say 'I must be repped for X' it's the other person's choice to give it or not. I've never seen a link where you can check who rep'ed you, so i think there is a bit of a storm in a glass of water here...

Sig made by Hogopogo
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2013 9:59am | Report

dude...people +rep you for making sigs even when you ask them not to. And I've actually stated several times that I do not expect +rep for it and they insist on doing it anyways. :P

Mostly because the other sig makers won't state the same thing.

Yes, they have been conditioned into doing that.

This might be bigger than we first thought...
#theconspiracyrunsdeep

Edit: Damn, Tosh beat me to it. I use too many tabs :/
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2013 10:00am | Report

No, I was saying the fact that they've all left it in their threads makes people think it's a requirement...and they will +rep you even if you ask them not to.

I'm still all for an artist title for people who are getting +rep purely because they make signatures.

Indeed.

And I'm still waiting for my villain title.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2013 10:03am | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

it still is a free means, whatever the other person says. Even if you say 'I must be repped for X' it's the other person's choice to give it or not. I've never seen a link where you can check who rep'ed you, so i think there is a bit of a storm in a glass of water here...

Perhaps I wasn't clear. Forcing people to give you Rep isn't the issue. Trying to guilt, bribe or otherwise psychologically coerce them into doing so is against the rules.

The following is an excerpt from the Mobafire wiki article on Reputation:
Quoted:
You are not allowed to beg, bribe, blackmail or otherwise attempt to force/coerce others into giving you +Rep. You can mention it in your signature or at the end of your guide or blog article, such as "If I helped you out, don't forget to give me a +Rep!", but anything beyond that is considered abusing the system. Giving people +votes in exchange for rep, threatening to -vote if they don't rep, begging on the forums, offering to exchange +Rep clicks, making up games that involve people giving you +Rep for no meaningful reason, constantly nagging people to +Rep you, etc... These are all against the rules and depending on the length you went to in abusing these rules you may experience any number of punishments ranging from a slap on the wrist, to a reputation reset, to a ban.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2013 10:10am | Report
This thread is much more interesting then I thought :O

:D
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Thalia Kael

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2013 10:33am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

This thread is much more interesting then I thought :O

:D

.you're welcome.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2013 10:35am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Perhaps I wasn't clear. Forcing people to give you Rep isn't the issue. Trying to guilt, bribe or otherwise psychologically coerce them into doing so is against the rules.

The following is an excerpt from the Mobafire wiki article on Reputation:

dem weaklings with no self esteem and no internet prowess...
fine... your argument is to be accepted as mankind is too beastly to live without rules proclaimed by others.

until further notice, you are allowed to bribe, guilt, beg, etc. for other things like sigs and maybe online sex since it will be part of the trade, and definatly doesn't involve repping.

Sig made by Tamy
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2013 10:46am | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

as manking is too beastly to live without rules proclaimed by others.

Who's Manking? :o

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide