Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Multiple Choice Exams

Creator: jhoijhoi September 24, 2014 7:13am
62 posts - page 4 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Do you think education systems should use multiple choice exams?
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2014 8:49pm | Report
45% is normally the pass if a lot of people did poorly - so like graded scaling; this is university though. In high school 40% would be a D, which isn't a pass.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2014 8:52pm | Report
I memorize information incredibly easily, especially facts.

I'm also the kind of person who thinks needless repetitive work is, well, pointless. If I've proven to you I can do something, there's no need for you to make ME prove that 5 more times just because other people in the class can't do it properly yet. It's not my fault other mere mortals aren't as brilliant as I am. 8D

Really? Even years or formulas? Darn D:

I usually get 90% of the lecture memorized in class unless its either history or maths =D

Funnily enough, I find physics and everything related to it ridicilously easy compared to maths... which is just solving random equations with basically no substance :c
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2014 8:54pm | Report
Oh yes...years are so easy. so so easy.

there's a reason I was on my high school's knowledge bowl team.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2014 8:55pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:

Really? Even years or formulas? Darn D:

I usually get 90% of the lecture memorized in class unless its either history or maths =D

Funnily enough, I find physics and everything related to it ridicilously easy compared to maths... which is just solving random equations with basically no substance :c

No need to remember formulas, you just understand how they work and then you'd always be able to derive them yourself.

I have the same thing though, I can read a biology or history chapter and instantly remember anything, I eventually dropped history though; wasn't my thing up until a few years ago actually.

Funny because I mathematics more than physics; can't get more pure than that.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2014 8:59pm | Report
I prefer biology and chemistry to math and physics. I'm good at math, I just dislike it.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2014 9:02pm | Report
I'm good at math, I just dislike it.

I'm not sure if we can still be friends.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2014 9:06pm | Report

No need to remember formulas, you just understand how they work and then you'd always be able to derive them yourself.

I have the same thing though, I can read a biology or history chapter and instantly remember anything, I eventually dropped history though; wasn't my thing up until a few years ago actually.

Funny because I mathematics more than physics; can't get more pure than that.

For some reason, all I need to know is the basic formula in physics and I can derive the others almost instantly whenever I need it... but when it comes to maths I cannot do it for the life of me. I especially have difficulty remembering the binomial and Trinomial related formulas for longer periods of time and easily get them confused with each-other ( and deriving them isn't exactly an option because if the teacher sees you did that you'll most likely get an instant fail 8DDD).
EDIT: This probably has SOMETHING to do with the fact that I hate maths to the bone
I usually ace tests whenever it's logic>practice in order of importance but otherwise.... welp, let's just say maths was my only B at the end of the year ;_;
I could probably ace it if I practiced more than 10 minutes everyday while doing homework but eh yolo

Oh yes...years are so easy. so so easy.

there's a reason I was on my high school's knowledge bowl team.

wtf how

I can't remember years properly unless they're either extremely important or are in some sort of sequence which correlates to a sequence of events. i.e something happened in 1934, 5 years later a bowl of ketchup imploded
Thanks to Koksei for the sig!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2014 9:11pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:

For some reason, all I need to know is the basic formula in physics and I can derive the others almost instantly whenever I need it... but when it comes to maths I cannot do it for the life of me. I especially have difficulty remembering the binomial and Trinomial related formulas for longer periods of time and easily get them confused with each-other ( and deriving them isn't exactly an option because if the teacher sees you did that you'll most likely get an instant fail 8DDD).

Help me out here, how does deriving formulas result in an instant fail? Also by binomial and trinomial formulas, do you mean the expansions?
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2014 9:20pm | Report

Help me out here, how does deriving formulas result in an instant fail? Also by binomial and trinomial formulas, do you mean the expansions?

I guess. I'm not familiarized with the English terms all that well :(

Our math teacher is one of those arrogant *****es :3 If you don't know the formula by heart (specifically talking about the expansions) you're an idiot and don't deserve to live on this planet
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2014 9:23pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:

I guess. I'm not familiarized with the English terms all that well :(

Our math teacher is one of those arrogant *****es :3 If you don't know the formula by heart (specifically talking about the expansions) you're an idiot and don't deserve to live on this planet

That's ******ed because it's way more useful to know how to actually derive (a + b)n rather than knowing the formula by heart.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide