Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official Happy thread.

Creator: Nighthawk September 9, 2011 1:14pm
2055 posts - page 185 of 206
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2016 2:35pm | Report
Why are kills still weighed more than assists on other roles though? That's so dumb, getting 3 out of 5 kills in a 5 for 0 team-fight doesn't make you any more skilled than getting 0 out of 5 kills in a 5 for 0 team-fight, I shouldn't have to be going out of my way to try and secure kills for myself no matter what role I am just to try and get a higher grade.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2016 2:53pm | Report
It's probably used as an indirect way to measure kill contribution. IMO it's a terrible way to do it, but it might be better than making kills and assist equally valuable. At least they stopped doing it for support, so... "baby steps", I guess.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2016 3:02pm | Report
Ekki wrote:
It's probably used as an indirect way to measure kill contribution.

They already have the death recap system. I am willing to believe that the actual values in the background are correct and it is only the visualisation that sucks(unless they made it more useful since I quit playing), so why not use that data? it shouldn't matter who made the killing blow.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2016 3:35pm | Report
It's probably both though. It probably has lots of bugs when calculating the contribution on top of the visualization ones (notice that some of these were fixed, while others were left untouched because it was "too much work for too little gain").

I also think coming up with a "kill contribution into score" algorythm is not as simple as we're making it sound. You'd have to weigh different abilities and how much that means for each champion with their current build, not to mention non-damaging abilities that also contribute to a kill. It might even have more complications than the current system has (I still think it's terrible tho).
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2016 4:26pm | Report
Why are kills still weighed more than assists on other roles though? That's so dumb, getting 3 out of 5 kills in a 5 for 0 team-fight doesn't make you any more skilled than getting 0 out of 5 kills in a 5 for 0 team-fight, I shouldn't have to be going out of my way to try and secure kills for myself no matter what role I am just to try and get a higher grade.

Probably to make solo kills/outplays more rewarding than just assisting in a gank. I personally consider solo kills the most one of the most important things to look at when judging laning performance (outside from large cs leads or tower takes) in solo queue so perhaps it works that way.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2016 5:01pm | Report
I agree with Vapora, pretty ridiculous that it's calculated this way. Like, if it would be the champion dealing the most damage during a kill or something like that I would find it more logical (but also bad as different roles have different damage patterns).

I would not be surprised if their real data was as broken as their visualization. I'm not sure whether it's still broken though. Would also not be surprised if someone would prove that the engine is non-deterministic by the way.

My happy: I survived the stress load after last scouting camp as a leader, and now I'll be able to enjoy a relaxing week with friends in Belgium! Weather's going to be (almost too) good apparently so that's a plus as well.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2016 12:47pm | Report
That moment when people insult you because they are 0/3/0 and say "Dude, you are Gold, the hell you playing unranked? Of course we lose..."

Feels good man.

On a side note, finally finished my first year at University and I must say... it's been quite the ride. Out of 10 subjects, I left 2 unfinished, so that's trouble... but it's less than the average, so I've got that going for me. Either way, I'll be able to get those out of the way next year (hopefully).
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 23, 2016 8:26am | Report
Yay, now I'm a sophomore at my university! And my classes are starting less than one week from now!
Sig made by me!
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2016 1:11am | Report
Quoted:
Out of 10 subjects, I left 2 unfinished, so that's trouble... but it's less than the average, so I've got that going for me. Either way, I'll be able to get those out of the way next year (hopefully).

Holy ****, that's a lot of classes! I usually take 4 classes (plus sometimes labs) per semester.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2016 6:53am | Report
Woop woop, landed a full time job :D Starting September 1st!

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide